Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Contract Freeze Lifted, ARU Still Backing 4 in 2018, EGM booked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Mind you, "understood to have agreed to terms" means absolutely nothing really. And we'd be naïve to think that players didn't have all their bases covered in the event that the Force did end up being canned. They'd be mad not to in the circs really.
    I totally agree with you but seems that a lot of talking had been done, prior to the announcement to allow signings to take place. I feel really sad of what is happening, but the players have to look after their own interest's and futures.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JPR; 30-05-17 at 21:56. Reason: Improve reading
    One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

vCash
    JPR - see the April post I just 'bumped'

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Firstly I hate the term fake news. It's a term invented by an idiot to deflect negative news stories.

Secondly this was covered in another thread. Do we needs 3 different threads for one topic?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Secondly this was covered in another thread. Do we needs 3 different threads for one topic?
    This - and it's not the first time.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jamie Pandaram is a tool, with vested interests.

Rookie
    vCash
    This is a new and clever tactic by the ARU.
    If there are no quality players left at the Force then they have a strong argument for shutting us down because we can't field a team.

Hopefully the players are doing the smart thing and talking terms on the basis that "If the Force is shut down then I will sign with you....otherwise I stay put".
    If I were any other franchise I would be prepared to sign up Coleman or Hardwick on that basis.

Hopefully the boys show some loyalty. If they are decent players they WILL be picked up by another franchise or make some money in Europe or Japan for a year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Its my assumption seeing that the person who I spoke to handles players contracts new nothing, was going to get Mark to contact me and since lunch time still no reply. Let's hope I'm wrong and things get sorted quickly.
    Wow - let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story.
    As I understand it the only "person who looks after player contracts" is Mark Sinderberry himself.
    Anybody else is just adding to the rumour machine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post

Hopefully the players are doing the smart thing and talking terms on the basis that "If the Force is shut down then I will sign with you....otherwise I stay put".
    Theres no way a buying franchise will agree to terms like that... would be impossible and potentially very expensive (i.e. salary cap breaches etc.) to create a shadow roster "just in case"
    Players really are stuck between a rock and a block of concrete when it comes to negotiating....
    Come to think of it players should sue the ARU for loss of earnings due to this mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    players should sue the ARU for loss of earnings due to this mess.
    They won't need to, the ARU will be paying out their contracts. Exactly why all the force players should be looking for a big 3 year deal

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Ha....great plan GIGS. We win both ways. If they stay we secure their services. If shut down a parting gift to the ARU.

Apprentice
    vCash
    From Rugby WA -
    WESSELS ALL PRAISE FOR WALLABY FOUR

By David Berrie on Wed 31st May 17

Road Safety Western Force Head Coach Dave Wessels has praised the four men from his side that have been selected in the Wallabies squad for the June Test window.

Wessels says that it’s a testament to Ricahrd Hardwick, Adam Coleman, Dane Haylett-Petty and Tatafu Polota-Nau, who have worked hard for the Road Safety Western Force this season and Wallaby selection is just reward for their efforts.

“We’re delighted for the guys who’ve been selected,” he said. “There’s no greater honour than to get the opportunity to represent your country.

“I also know that we have a number of other players who are very close to selection, which is fantastic! One of our goals is to grow the number of Test players in our group.”

Lock Adam Coleman has also publicly committed himself to the Road Safety Western Force amid recent speculation.

“I’m excited about the direction we’re taking as a team. We have a great group of players and staff and I’m excited about what the future holds.

“The Force is my home and gave me my opportunity, I will endeavour to put my heart and soul into this club and my full focus is on winning with this team.”

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    They won't need to, the ARU will be paying out their contracts. Exactly why all the force players should be looking for a big 3 year deal
    Not forgetting that all contracts will remain subject to ARU approval. They haven't really done anything releasing the contracting but allow wholesale poaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Not forgetting that all contracts will remain subject to ARU approval. They haven't really done anything releasing the contracting but allow wholesale poaching.
    Good point. So hypothetically they can simply refuse to ratify the Force contracts and will ratify the others clubs contracts with those same players until we don't have a squad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Good point. So hypothetically they can simply refuse to ratify the Force contracts and will ratify the others clubs contracts with those same players until we don't have a squad?
    As others have said, the Honourable Mr Mccusker would have their testicles on a plate if they tried anything so blatantly obstructionist. It would open up avenues ranging from civil Proceedings all the way to a full blown ACC anti competition hearing. It'd be delightful if we could manage the latter, as it would include an investigation that could look everywhere. ALL the skeletons would escape

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2