Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Player Contracts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    meh...reds still think its 2011...they need to bring tuttle and sorovi on.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Apprentice
    vCash
    Someone from RugbyWA really needs to provide some feedback to the fans about signings and what is happening...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Looks like Nick Taylor has tried to get on top of what is going on

Players put faith in Western Force’s survival

WESTERN Force players are putting aside the drama surrounding the club's future and backing their Super Rugby survival.
    The Force have 12 players currently contracted for next season or beyond while a further 11 have verbally agreed to new deals.
    The Force signed 37 players including their extended player squad this season and expect to make a number of announcements on player recruitment in the next few days.

The ARU lifted a three-month national contracting moratorium two weeks ago.
    Meanwhile the Rebels, the other side under threat of extinction, have stepped up their campaign for survival with the ARU confirming the club had given them "notice for mediation".
    The Force are going to arbitration with the ARU after serving a writ on the governing body, claiming a clause in their alliance agreement guarantees a side in Perth through the current broadcasting deal that ends in 2020.
    The WA Government has backed the club saying it will seek to enforce the agreement terms.
    There are reports that the Rebels could pursue the ARU for millions of dollars damages particularly after owner Andrew Cox refused an offer from the governing body to buy the licence back.
    It is not yet known when the Rebels hearing will be held but if any decision goes against the ARU they could face the embarrassment of telling SANZAAR they cannot cut their teams from five to four under the plan to shrink the completion from 18 to 15 clubs.
    One of the Force players contracted for next season, outside back Curtis Rona, was rumoured to be heading back to the NRL with Wests-Tigers but his management say he has no plans to leave and has his sights firmly on the Wallabies.
    Rona's manager Steve Gillis said there had been no discussions about his return to rugby league, he was happy at the Force and was hoping to make the Wallabies squad.

Rona, 25, returned to Perth this season where he started his union career before switching to rugby league.
    The former Canterbury Bulldog said he could be open to a return to the NRL but only if the Force is axed from Super Rugby next season.
    Winger Luke Morahan and fringe players, outside back Semisi Masirewa and prop Francois van Wyk are the only three to have signed for other clubs next season.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88506322z

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Looks like Nick Taylor has tried to get on top of what is going on

Players put faith in Western Force’s survival

WESTERN Force players are putting aside the drama surrounding the club's future and backing their Super Rugby survival.
    The Force have 12 players currently contracted for next season or beyond while a further 11 have verbally agreed to new deals.
    The Force signed 37 players including their extended player squad this season and expect to make a number of announcements on player recruitment in the next few days.

The ARU lifted a three-month national contracting moratorium two weeks ago.
    Meanwhile the Rebels, the other side under threat of extinction, have stepped up their campaign for survival with the ARU confirming the club had given them "notice for mediation".
    The Force are going to arbitration with the ARU after serving a writ on the governing body, claiming a clause in their alliance agreement guarantees a side in Perth through the current broadcasting deal that ends in 2020.
    The WA Government has backed the club saying it will seek to enforce the agreement terms.
    There are reports that the Rebels could pursue the ARU for millions of dollars damages particularly after owner Andrew Cox refused an offer from the governing body to buy the licence back.
    It is not yet known when the Rebels hearing will be held but if any decision goes against the ARU they could face the embarrassment of telling SANZAAR they cannot cut their teams from five to four under the plan to shrink the completion from 18 to 15 clubs.
    One of the Force players contracted for next season, outside back Curtis Rona, was rumoured to be heading back to the NRL with Wests-Tigers but his management say he has no plans to leave and has his sights firmly on the Wallabies.
    Rona's manager Steve Gillis said there had been no discussions about his return to rugby league, he was happy at the Force and was hoping to make the Wallabies squad.

Rona, 25, returned to Perth this season where he started his union career before switching to rugby league.
    The former Canterbury Bulldog said he could be open to a return to the NRL but only if the Force is axed from Super Rugby next season.
    Winger Luke Morahan and fringe players, outside back Semisi Masirewa and prop Francois van Wyk are the only three to have signed for other clubs next season.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88506322z
    Who are the 12 currently under contract for 2018? I count only 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Who are the 12 currently under contract for 2018? I count only 10.
    I believe it might be Onehunga and Verity-Amm who are part of the Future Force.

vCash
    Question regarding Nick's article - what is the difference between the Rebels being given a "notice of mediation" and the Arbitration the Force have agreed to? Mediation is about find coming ground, arbitration is seeking a decision?

Player
    vCash
    Queensland Reds sign another 3 players! Where is the Force at?

Player
    vCash
    More signings today, this time the Brumbies....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Can we keep this thread for 2018 signings...Thanks

Senior Player
    vCash
    HARDWICK COMMITS TO FORCE IN 2018

The Road Safety Western Force have re-signed local product and recent Wallaby debutant Richard Hardwick for the 2018 Super Rugby season.

The former UWA junior was upgraded from the Extended Playing Squad to a full senior squad contract, after an impressive season for the Force in 2017.

Richard, more affectionately known as ‘Dickie’, says this was an easy decision for him to make, the only place he wants to play his rugby is in Western Australia.

“The Force is where I want to play my rugby, I’ve said that before and I stand by it. WA is my home, it’s where I was brought up, I’ve played all my rugby in WA, played for the state teams and come through the system to reach this point.

“Not only that I’ve got mates who have done the same thing, like Ross Haylett-Petty and Chance Peni who I played with when I was 15. WA rugby is producing the goods and it’s not going to be long before they are in the Wallabies squad as well.”

The tenacious back rower has built his game on tireless defensive efforts and constant pressure on the ball carrier, placing him in the top 10 in the Super Rugby competition for forced turnovers and no doubt a big factor in what caught Wallaby head coach Michael Chieka’s eye.

Hardwick reflects on his whirlwind season as a dream come true and attests much of his development to RugbyWA and the Road Safety Western Force team.

“It’s awesome, I’m looking forward to another year and putting consistent performances together for the Force. I’ve taken a lot of confidence out of what I’ve been able to achieve this year and can’t wait to go again next year and build on that.

“With ‘Hodgo’ hanging up the boots I want to step up and play in that number seven jersey and try the best I can to fill his boots. He’s a legend of our club and he’s done so much for the club but I’ll do my best and give everything I have to this team.”

Road Safety Western Force Head Coach Dave Wessels says the re-signing of Hardwick is fantastic news for the club and looks forward to seeing the young flanker develop in WA.

“’Dickie’ deserves all the recognition that has come his way recently,” he said. “He’s extremely hard working and plays for those around him, but he also understands that there is plenty more for him to work on. We’re delighted to have him as part of the group in 2018 and beyond.”

Name: Richard Hardwick
    Born: 31/05/1994, Windhook, Namibia
    Position: Backrow
    Club: UWA
    Height: 183cm
    Weight: 103kg
    Super Rugby Caps: 17
    Super Rugby Points: 5
    Super Rugby Debut: Round 6 2016 v Highlanders, Dunedin
    Test Debut: 2017 v Fiji, Melbourne
    Test Caps: 2
    Representative Rugby:
    2011 – Australia ‘A’ Schoolboys
    2012-14: Force ‘A’
    2014-16: Perth Spirit
    2017: Wallabies
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...its-force-2018

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    On ya Dickie

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great signing and a good start hope to see lots more good news in the next few weeks

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Excellent news!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Thanks mr hardwick. You have big hodgo sized boots to fill next year but bugger me with your statement you are on the road.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    great signing and a strong statement .some good news at last

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast