Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Player Contracts

vCash
    Pretty sure Hardwick has signed with the Rebels. Just not been announced yet.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    All those players mentioned are potential Wallabies . Surely John Eales and now Rod Kafer should have been all over this ...... yet zip???! Potentially a year out of the game at the elite level for these young players is disastrous for their careers and ultimately Australia . As someone said Good Luck in 2023. My mind Boggles that no reaction has come from any of the other States WTF !!

vCash
    I wonder what the average Victorian tax payer will think when they realise a bunch of rugby players are being paid by the local government? They might start demanding that they pay their AFL players too. Or the may just burn down parliament! Tomorrow would be a good date!😃

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I wonder what the average Victorian tax payer will think when they realise a bunch of rugby players are being paid by the local government? They might start demanding that they pay their AFL players too. Or the may just burn down parliament! Tomorrow would be a good date!😃
    I wonder if the players are only getting a token base salary under the salary cap, and then perhaps lucrative third party top ups arranged by the ARU! Come on guys... spill the beans!

vCash
    Remember that the Force players took a pay CUT to play for us this season. Doubt they are doing the same to play for the Rebels!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    I wonder if the players are only getting a token base salary under the salary cap, and then perhaps lucrative third party top ups arranged by the ARU! Come on guys... spill the beans!
    Then that's another issue for RUPA as the ARU limited top ups. That's why Ben Mowen left despite coming to terms with the Brumbies.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    I guess the Wallaby top up scheme is outside of the salary cap - but the salary cap was lifted (I think) so not sure what level it is. Still, hard to see how the Rebels will still be able to pay without a major sponsor and without increasing its membership base. Of course, the ARU are still obligated to field four teams now, so they will be forced to pay any short fall for all four clubs - sounds like cheque writing time for all four clubs to be the first to get the money before ARU or RA or what ever they call themselves goes broke.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

Player
    vCash
    Tatafu Polata-Nau ....man of the match Wallabies v Japan.....no contract 2018
    Richie Arnold ..... man of the match NRC semi final Spirit v Vikings.....no contract 2018
    Gee ARU your new 4 team model is working a treat #@#*and well done for having plans in place for player pathways to elite rugby
    You lot really are Muppets

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Muppets full of lies and deceit and no moral compass whatsoever. God I hate every last one of them.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Richie Arnold ..... man of the match NRC semi final Spirit v Vikings.....no contract 2018
    I'd just really like it if a few players signed with the Sunwolves instead of the Rebels.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    I'd just really like it if a few players signed with the Sunwolves instead of the Rebels.
    And for the Sunwolves to with the conference while the other Aussie teams are shite once again, oh how sweet that would be.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Gee ARU your new 4 team model is working a treat #@#*and well done for having plans in place for player pathways to elite rugby
    You lot really are Muppets
    Just proves how this excuse they used was exactly that-an unjustifiable excuse bleated out by the cockroaches they are, as they scuttle back under the dirty pots in their backyard.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    There is a lot of irony really. The Rebels are becoming the Force (lets face it- their starting side will be chocked with our guys) and the Force are becoming the Rebels (Rebel competition). Makes me chuckle.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    I guess the Wallaby top up scheme is outside of the salary cap - but the salary cap was lifted (I think) so not sure what level it is. Still, hard to see how the Rebels will still be able to pay without a major sponsor and without increasing its membership base. Of course, the ARU are still obligated to field four teams now, so they will be forced to pay any short fall for all four clubs - sounds like cheque writing time for all four clubs to be the first to get the money before ARU or RA or what ever they call themselves goes broke.
    I am not so sure if the salary cap has been lifted. Last article I saw they are still discussing it

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Probably discussing the “by how much” rather than the “if”!!!

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast