Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Player Contracts

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    JAMES VERITY-AMM Needs to be added to the above with ONEHUNGA HAVILI. They have both played multiple times this year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Added Ruru and Koteka
    Yeah, they were borderline for me. Important for us, but I think they'd be a bit more under the radar as far as other teams trying to fit them into their roster. Ruru would've definitely raised his profile with his performance on the weekend though.

Do we keep the faith with Burton as our next long term 10? Try and lure Jooste back?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Coleman must be signed asap he will be the next Wallaby and also captain in the future

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    All done

Anything/one else missed???

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    The period leading up to the EGM is critical for the Force. Need to get some announcables regarding signings. Others have listed a priority order for signings, which is great, but the Force need to name some names in the next two weeks.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Is there any opportunity for the ARU to stall player signings? They are currently owners of the Force. Do they have to sign off on who and how much ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLock View Post
    Is there any opportunity for the ARU to stall player signings? They are currently owners of the Force. Do they have to sign off on who and how much ?
    Yes, every opportunity for the ARU to stall signings!! And yes, they have to sign off too!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    The glue sticks apparently sent off 10 contracts today for the ARU to approve

Player
    vCash
    Timing is important Jono. In the days leading up to the EGM is needs to be public that the Force have a number of contracts waiting for ARU approval. This wi;; bring some additional pressure to bear on them.

vCash
    We should press this point with Mark Sinderberry at the members' forum tomorrow night. Am sure they're already onto it but it doesn't hurt to ram it home!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Reading this contract list paints a pretty bleak picture and tells it all. I thought common sense would prevail but I now think the battle is now over. I hope the ARU realise the damage they are about to do will be terminal for the game in this country and I hope the assholes all rot in hell. Pack of scabby maggot pricks

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Of the ones slated to leave as I read to this point of the thread I think my biggest disappointment is van wyk, and we have pretty good cover there.

We need to consider another, more open side backrower, because hodgo needs to get into the coaches box at some point, to leave the cover as late as they have suggests there isn't a succession plan. Is Kane long term injured? I would have expected him to play a lot more minutes this year.

If hodgo loses his contract, or worse retains it and then gets hurt, we're without an experienced fetcher, despite the Potential of Kane and the quality of Benny mac. Could rhino convert to the fetch role?
    Im not sold on the out and out fetcher role needed in pro rugby these days. It was certainly a necessity 5 to 10 years ago when the likes of George Smith, Richie McCaw and Hodgson perfected it. However, most players should have some basic skills in fetching. The key obviously is slowing down the ruck and pressuring the attacking team into committing larger numbers of players to secure ball. Even Pocock has other strings to his bow now. RHP, McCalman, Hardwick, etc can all do it. And TPN, Tessman, etc can as well. Id even hope that our backs would give it a shot if they are near the tackled player.
    I like to think that in Hardwick we have a great long term replacement for Hodgson at the 7 position (even if he is wearing 8 sometimes). Hardwick, RHP and Naisarani as a long term future back row combo is up there with the best. I expect all three to be capped in the near future.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I note that Masirewa is already off the list.
    He's evidently already in Japan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I note that Masirewa is already off the list.
    He's evidently already in Japan.
    Masirewa has had glimpses of brilliant, but taken as a whole, it would be fair to say his time at the force has been somewhere between unspectacular and crap.

Remember the spate of dumb yellow cards?
    Feet like hands (apart from that one game where it wasn't his fault so much as the passer)

If I was asked to come up with a reason, I think I'd go with, he's a really good player, but hes about as smart as a tree......and not one of those smart trees either, an average tree.

C'mon the

vCash
    Very harsh Gigs - He barely had much opportunities. His 2 yellow cards always look silly on face value but at least he was chasing kicks, something that a lot of our players have not been very good at in recent times.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast