Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Player Contracts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I asked Ben about getting some minutes next season and he looked like he was ready to kit up then and there.

It appears he's as frustrated as us about not getting any time. Probably also pretty blue about letting Matty Phillip, RHP and Lewis Carmichael have such a wealth of opportunity to get ahead of him in the race.
    Absolutely!! He was the same with us! Said he was desperate to get back into it. Hopefully he'll get some NRC time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Shame if Scoble goes, we need back up for Heath and TNP neither of them are getting any younger although both are still great players

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Does anyone know what is going on there. I thought he played well in 2016 in his first season for a young hooker learning his trade and was just back in the pecking order behind some tough competition. But then i seen on here that he has been released ( is that confirmed) and other comments. It would be a shame if he does go.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Haven't seen anything official but have seen photos on Instagram and have heard whispers that suggest he's moving east. Not sure whether voluntary or forced. Either way it's a shame imo :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    Haven't heard anyone mention Rangi. It looks like he may have been chosen ahead of Scoble.

I think we need a fly half of exceptional quality to create opportunities. Grant is aging. I like Lance but he is injury prone. Lance is a potential Wallaby if he can stay on the field.

But I'm not sure he compares to a Beauden Barrett.

These guys don't grow on trees. Lance would be the no.2 fly half in Aus. But Aus is short on good fly's.

Would love to have Git's but I think he is probably past it and we need to look to the future.
    I don't know what overseas opportunities are around. Any ideas??

Is there another Ruru type floating around in the local system?

vCash
    Apparently Jooste is leaving the Brumbies.
    Link

Could be an option to bring back home. Although probably not a great sign the Brumbies are releasing him after just 1 year.
    It's been pretty quiet on the signings front of late. Was hoping there would be a few more once the season was over.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    Haven't heard anyone mention Rangi. It looks like he may have been chosen ahead of Scoble.

I think we need a fly half of exceptional quality to create opportunities. Grant is aging. I like Lance but he is injury prone. Lance is a potential Wallaby if he can stay on the field.

But I'm not sure he compares to a Beauden Barrett.

These guys don't grow on trees. Lance would be the no.2 fly half in Aus. But Aus is short on good fly's.

Would love to have Git's but I think he is probably past it and we need to look to the future.
    I don't know what overseas opportunities are around. Any ideas??

Is there another Ruru type floating around in the local system?
    I think Grant should stay. IMO he is playing great rugby. Puts his body on the line and has a lot to offer the younger players.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Link

Could be an option to bring back home. Although probably not a great sign the Brumbies are releasing him after just 1 year.
    It's been pretty quiet on the signings front of late. Was hoping there would be a few more once the season was over.
    He went there to be mentored by Larkham, who's leaving the franchise, so I wonder if that's the reason.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Link

He finished 2 years at the Brumbies. He hasn't been flash but he is still only 20. He has a lot of potential and injuries haven't helped.

I'd take him back. With proper coaches like ours, I feel like he'll do better than with Larkham.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I think Grant should stay. IMO he is playing great rugby. Puts his body on the line and has a lot to offer the younger players.
    Hells yeah Ex. That man earned his corn this year!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    has he a heal injury?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Wallabies lock Adam Coleman has committed to the Western Force for the next two years, but he faces a nervous wait to see if the franchise will even exist.
    The outcome of the arbitration hearing between the ARU and RugbyWA is expected to be handed down next week.
    The ARU wants to axe the Force to fulfil its promise of reducing the amount of Super Rugby teams in Australia to four.
    If the Force win the hearing, they will survive the axe and can start moving ahead with plans for the future.
    It would also place pressure on the ARU to somehow cull the privately-owned Rebels, or conjure a merger between the Brumbies and Rebels.
    But if the ARU come up trumps the Force will be cut from Super Rugby - barring a successful appeal to the Supreme Court.
    The uncertain future of both the Rebels and Force has affected the private life of players at both franchises.
    A number of Force players have even had to alter their housing lease agreements to avoid being locked into a lengthy contract.
    Coleman is one who has been able to successfully transition onto a month-to-month periodic lease.
    "My landlord didn't know too much about rugby. I had to do a bit of explaining," Coleman said.
    "It probably would have helped if they were a Force fan.
    "But the landlord was pretty understanding and was fine with it.
    "The uncertainty - it's a bit of a shambles at the moment.
    "I don't have kids, but I imagine the families who do have kids are thinking about possibly relocating their families to another state if the Force or Rebels get cut.
    "I think the whole process hasn't been handled correctly, and that starts from the top.
    "The players have been held in limbo for months now. It's unfair on not only the players, but their families."
    Stars such as Richard Hardwick, Dane Haylett-Petty, Chance Peni, and Ben Daley have re-signed for the Force in recent months.
    Coleman will follow suit on a two-year deal if the franchise survives the axe.
    "I can't wait to spend the next two years of my life here in Perth playing for the Western Force," Coleman said.
    "I love the Force. They've given me a massive opportunity for my future.
    "The supporters here are fantastic. Rain, hail, or shine, and win lose, or draw - they always turn out in numbers."

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/08/04/0...-but-not-lease

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Wallabies lock Adam Coleman has committed to the Western Force for the next two years, but he faces a nervous wait to see if the franchise will even exist.
    The outcome of the arbitration hearing between the ARU and RugbyWA is expected to be handed down next week.
    The ARU wants to axe the Force to fulfil its promise of reducing the amount of Super Rugby teams in Australia to four.
    If the Force win the hearing, they will survive the axe and can start moving ahead with plans for the future.
    It would also place pressure on the ARU to somehow cull the privately-owned Rebels, or conjure a merger between the Brumbies and Rebels.
    But if the ARU come up trumps the Force will be cut from Super Rugby - barring a successful appeal to the Supreme Court.
    The uncertain future of both the Rebels and Force has affected the private life of players at both franchises.
    A number of Force players have even had to alter their housing lease agreements to avoid being locked into a lengthy contract.
    Coleman is one who has been able to successfully transition onto a month-to-month periodic lease.
    "My landlord didn't know too much about rugby. I had to do a bit of explaining," Coleman said.
    "It probably would have helped if they were a Force fan.
    "But the landlord was pretty understanding and was fine with it.
    "The uncertainty - it's a bit of a shambles at the moment.
    "I don't have kids, but I imagine the families who do have kids are thinking about possibly relocating their families to another state if the Force or Rebels get cut.
    "I think the whole process hasn't been handled correctly, and that starts from the top.
    "The players have been held in limbo for months now. It's unfair on not only the players, but their families."
    Stars such as Richard Hardwick, Dane Haylett-Petty, Chance Peni, and Ben Daley have re-signed for the Force in recent months.
    Coleman will follow suit on a two-year deal if the franchise survives the axe.
    "I can't wait to spend the next two years of my life here in Perth playing for the Western Force," Coleman said.
    "I love the Force. They've given me a massive opportunity for my future.
    "The supporters here are fantastic. Rain, hail, or shine, and win lose, or draw - they always turn out in numbers."

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/08/04/0...-but-not-lease
    So with the ARU's leak machine not letting out anything pro ARU about the arbitration decision, and now the big fella hanging round for another two......

Am I right to feel a little optimistic?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    So with the ARU's leak machine not letting out anything pro ARU about the arbitration decision, and now the big fella hanging round for another two......

Am I right to feel a little optimistic?
    Was thinking the same! I do hope so and great news Adam thank you 😊

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast