Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Player Contracts

vCash
    Great news... Now hopefully Coleman is next....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Keep em coming...!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I don't think we would be interested in any Rebels hookers.
    Not saying we would be interested but their young fella is pretty good. Think he played at the under 20s World Cup.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by sandgroperrugby; 27-06-17 at 15:59.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Great news... Now hopefully Coleman is next....
    Yep Adam is a big one for us, literally and symbolically!

Player
    vCash
    Ben Daley's been fantastic for the Western Force, the scrum performed really well when he was there. Shame to see him getting injured, but this is a fantastic signing for the Western Force. Thanks Ben!

Rookie
    vCash
    I am thinking that those on the squad who are marginal would be really keen to sign up because if the Force remain and the Rebels go then there would be a real scramble for positions.
    So Wessells must be considering those potentially available from the Rebels and signing up those he believes would be the best of the two teams.
    I think Daley is a good signing. He was great for us until injured. Brought a lot of aggression and intensity to the game.

We are announcing almost one each day. C'mon Adam.

vCash
    I would imagine the ARU component of a deal for Coleman is what is holding up any announcement?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I thought the ARU part was set but couldnt announce club...

YEP

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...ae30758ab55785

vCash
    That article is Paywalled Gerry

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force Pick Up Peni For Two More Years

By Fraser Smith on Wed 28th June 17

Road Safety Western Force excitement machine Chance Peni has re-signed with the club for the next two seasons.

Peni has played six games this season, scoring three tries, before being struck down with a groin injury, which has kept him on the sidelines since Round Seven.

The man they call ‘Money Penny’ says that he’s thrilled to be re-signing with the WA-based club and to be playing in the Force blue next year.

“I’ve loved every minute of being back home,” he said. “My dream has always been to play for the Force, and to now have that opportunity is just amazing."

“I’m excited for next season and looking forward to developing my game and playing an exciting brand of rugby for the Sea of Blue.”

The pacey winger attributes his good form to the coaching staff at the Force and admits the move back to WA and rugby union has been an enjoyable experience.

“I had a lot to learn when I first came back and the coaching staff were amazing. Working one-on-one with Shaun Berne has been huge for me and I still have a lot to learn, but my development will only get better playing here.”

Road Safety Western Force Head Coach Dave Wessels says Peni has been a bright spark in attack this season and looks forward to seeing him develop over the next two seasons.

“This time last year I’d never heard of Chance Peni, but I was put onto him by his good friend Curtis Rona. Watching footage of him we quickly realised he was a big, athletic ball carrier with a surprising amount of skill."

“What we didn’t find out until we actually got him over here was that Chance wants to win and that he loves the confrontation in the game, which are both fantastic qualities in a young player.

“We’re delighted that he’s staying with us for two more years.”

Peni is on track to be back in front of the Sea of Blue for the huge clash with the Melbourne Rebels on Friday, 7 July at the Force Field.

Name: Chance Peni
    Born: 17/01/1994, Invercargill, New Zealand
    Position: Wing
    Club: Palmyra
    Height: 190cm
    Weight: 97kg
    Super Rugby Caps: 6
    Super Rugby Points: 15
    Super Rugby Debut: Round 1 2017 v Waratahs, Sydney
    Representative Rugby:
    WA Schoolboys (2011)
    Junior Kiwis – Rugby League (2014)
    Cook Islands – Rugby League (2015)

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...two-more-years

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    And Chance makes 17!

Need a Lock and a Fly Half and we'll at least have a run on team resigned for next year!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    And Chance makes 17!

Need a Lock and a Fly Half and we'll at least have a run on team resigned for next year!
    I can't see Jono Lance not re-signing with us. He seems very happy here. I reckon Adam will too.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I thought the ARU part was set but couldnt announce club...

YEP

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...ae30758ab55785
    Those having trouble with the paywall...

Rugby
    Wallabies lock Adam Coleman knocks back big euros to re-sign with Australian rugby
    Iain Payten, The Daily Telegraph
    February 7, 2017 5:45pm
    Subscriber only
    AUSTRALIAN rugby has scored a major win by securing towering lock Adam Coleman through to the 2019 World Cup, despite huge contract offers from French clubs.

The Daily Telegraph understands Coleman has agreed to a two-year extension and the deal will make him one of the highest paid players in Australia.

The 25-year-old hasn’t formally signed an ARU contract however due to the fact he has not yet recommitted to the Western Force.

Coleman is believed to awaiting news on the Force’s future under a review of the Super Rugby structure, which is due to be all-but finalised in a meeting of SANZAAR executives this month.

But there is also strong interest from the Waratahs, who are keen to bring the big forward back to the state where he made his Super Rugby debut in 2013.

Adam Coleman has developed in to a world class lock under Michael Cheika. Picture: Darren England.
    Coming after fellow Test lock Rory Arnold also re-signed in Australia in December, Coleman turning down a massive pile of euros is a huge boost for the Wallabies.

The Tasmanian-raised giant became a first-choice Wallaby lock last year after several strong seasons for the Force were rewarded with a Test debut against England in the June series.

NORTHAMPTON: Rob Horne latest Wallaby to defect overseas

With the height and grunt to be an exceptional set-piece performer, and the aggression and athleticism to impose himself in games, Coleman started for the Wallabies in another eight Tests.

The outstanding form displayed by Coleman and Arnold in Australia’s win over Wales in Cardiff didn’t go unnoticed by European clubs, who are willing to throw huge money at 2m-plus locks.

Arnold was reportedly offered over $600,000 a year to join Toulon but the 208cm second-rower, who also made his debut in 2016, decided he wanted to continue playing for the Brumbies and Australia and re-signed for another three years in December.

The money offered to Coleman, according to sources, was even bigger and the ARU was forced to dig deep to keep the twin towers together.

Adam Coleman (L) and Rory Arnold could be Australia’s next great lock duo. Picture: Mark Cranitch.
    Uncapped this time last year, Coleman is believed to now be in the top tier of earners in Australian rugby.

Where Coleman ends up in Super Rugby remains to be seen.

His decision to delay a decision would have the Force nervous.

Coleman moved to Sydney from Hobart to pursue a Super Rugby career in 2011 but was forced to bide his time playing for Parramatta in the Shute Shield for two seasons.

He made his debut for NSW in 2013 off the bench — against the Force — when a large contingent of Waratahs were on Lions duties with the Wallabies. He signed with the Force the next year.

Coleman is also on record as backing rugby’s long-term future in WA and the team’s prospects under new coach Dave Wessels.

When rumours of the Force potentially facing the axe emerged last year, Coleman said: There’s definitely a massive future for Western Australian rugby and hopefully for a long time.

“The Western Force is a great club and it’s going to be an exciting next season under Dave Wessels and other new coaches.”

Wallaby Rob Horne will link with English club Northampton next season. Picture: Gregg Porteous
    As far as survival goes under SANZAAR’s strategic review, the Force appear to be on more solid ground than they were last year.

ARU boss Bill Pulver admitted to telling SANZAAR last year he would consider dropping an Australian team if it helped improve Super Rugby, which was criticised widely after expanding to a clunky 18-team, four conference model.

But Pulver has since walked back that sentiment, saying unless the competition would be materially improved he wouldn’t agree to change.

To return to a 15-team, three conference system, South Africa would need to cut two teams and though the Southern Kings and Cheetahs are in peril, it is now considered highly unlikely SARU will volunteer to cut back to three Super Rugby teams.

Smart work by Western Force boss Mark Sinderberry, too, has seen the club remove the target from its back by improving its financial position in the off-season.

The ARU stepped in last year and took over control of the Force’s business, following years of financial struggle.

But the WA club has since run a successful “Own the Force” campaign, where they invited the public to pledge interest in buying $1000 shares in the club and could now bank a potential $5m windfall.

The Force also scored a big coup last week by signing the WA Roads Safety Commission as a naming rights sponsor on a one-year deal.

vCash
    Penny another great retention, we are starting to lock in the youngsters that have showed some real good potential.

The foundation of the squad is starting to take shape.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Apprentice
    vCash
    Adam Coleman has developed in to a world class lock under Michael Cheika. Picture: Darren England.
    Coming after fellow Test lock Rory Arnold also re-signed in Australia in December, Coleman turning down a massive pile of euros is a huge boost for the Wallabies.

Bloody cheek. Cheika has had bugger all to do with the development of Adam. He's been turned into a world class player by the Force. Wallabies are going backwards under Cheika, Force going forwards with Dave Wessels....

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast