Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARU EGM to be held in June Series

vCash
    ...We've indicated that in the last 10 years we've had to provide financial assistance on no less than 10 occasions...
    Hmmmm....we were ONE occasion, who were the other NINE?

...we've continually highlighted this is not sustainable. My suspicion is that they felt that we've talked that but we would never actually go down that path...
    There is a difference between "not sustainable" and "going down THAT path - cull a team (ie WF)". Perhaps the franchises thought "not sustainable" meant lets change the frakked 4 conference system, lets remove the ridiculous month of byes a fortnight before finals, lets remove wallaby top ups, lets make the "salary cap" a cap...for all teams, lets have a draft etc etc etc

...Clyne was quick to point to the franchises and the procedural nature of an EGM as reasons for the delay in the decision...
    Lying sack of merde, the EGM was only called a week ago, then abandoned at 11th hour by FUBARU. And it was called because of the FUBARU shenanigans

Good grief, I cant believe this plonker. How the frak did he become CEO of a major bank

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Very interesting reading in the top dozen or so comments following this article

http://www.theroar.com.au/2017/05/29...st-cut-of-all/

Lots of support out there for the Force, including from some Queenslanders and the win over the Reds has certainly helped, well done boys

vCash
    You seem to misunderstand what Clyne is saying
    When he says 'all the teams were happy with a team being cut' he means 'The Reds and the Tahs were happy with a team being cut'
    That's 'all the teams' as far as he's concerned.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    You seem to misunderstand what Clyne is saying
    When he says 'all the teams were happy with a team being cut' he means 'The Reds and the Tahs were happy with a team being cut'
    That's 'all the teams' as far as he's concerned.
    Yep, I reckon that sums up exactly how the ARU entered this process, completely taking the other unloved franchises for granted - the wankers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Amazing in the article in the post by TiF that Clyne implies it is the franchises fault that this has dragged on and that they have changed direction - the implication being that the Force and Rebels were previously happy to have a team cut - I would be bloody astounded if that was the case.
    Well the Force had their alliance agreement & the Rebels have a 20 or so lease on the license as well as indication they weren't in the line. Logically the Brumbies SHOULD have been on the firing line for multiple reasons so it could have been a case of over-confidence (and rightly so) in their own individual position.

vCash
    Am I misreading this or is the dickhead actually trying to say the The Force knew about a team to be cut and agreed, but then they changed their minds!? And he's spouting about that bloody $28 mill again that he won't clarify! And what & who were the 10 occasions of bailout! Every time he opens his gob it's an insult to the intelligence, the guy has NO IDEA!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Hmmmm....we were ONE occasion, who were the other NINE?

There is a difference between "not sustainable" and "going down THAT path - cull a team (ie WF)". Perhaps the franchises thought "not sustainable" meant lets change the frakked 4 conference system, lets remove the ridiculous month of byes a fortnight before finals, lets remove wallaby top ups, lets make the "salary cap" a cap...for all teams, lets have a draft etc etc etc

Lying sack of merde, the EGM was only called a week ago, then abandoned at 11th hour by FUBARU. And it was called because of the FUBARU shenanigans

Good grief, I cant believe this plonker. How the frak did he become CEO of a major bank
    The useless plonk keeps bringing out the $28mil figure every time he opens his mouth (and the poo falls out) and not ONE journo (they're all shizer) has bothered to pull him up on that to simple ask - who got the money.

80% (likely more) of that 28mil when to .......drum roll..... the Melbourne Rebels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Similar report here

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/a...9759ff32496bf5

Amazing in the article in the post by TiF that Clyne implies it is the franchises fault that this has dragged on and that they have changed direction - the implication being that the Force and Rebels were previously happy to have a team cut - I would be bloody astounded if that was the case.

Short answer ARU is you have run a shit process taking your main stakeholders' compliance for granted and turned the most important decision you will make in a decade into a debacle - you are the incompetent party in this shambles! And yet you are surprised by the subsequent revolt, amazing.
    Very well said! Hear hear!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I looked really, REALLY hard for that $28million in the four years from 2013 to 2016 and I could only account for a max of $21million - of which about $16million went to the Rebels and $4.7million to us for our IP and licence. So, either Clyne has got his figures wrong or there is another $7million or so hidden in the accounts somewhere and which did not go to either the Rebels or the Force.....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But it's totally useless trying to use fact, evidence, rational argument or gumption in trying to fight the ARU. They have decided on the outcome they want based purely on postcode and purple circle pressure and are desperately trying - and failing - to convince everyone it's been based on sound analysis and clear thinking. It's a stitch up. And they must think we all came down in the last shower if they expect us to believe any of their BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    But it's totally useless trying to use fact, evidence, rational argument or gumption in trying to fight the ARU. They have decided on the outcome they want based purely on postcode and purple circle pressure and are desperately trying - and failing - to convince everyone it's been based on sound analysis and clear thinking. It's a stitch up. And they must think we all came down in the last shower if they expect us to believe any of their BS.
    Spot on. Rational arguments will have no impact. The strategy was lead by a marketer and we need to hurt them in the public sphere. How many "Where is the $28 million?" signs can we muster on Saturday night?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I swear the ARU are being advised by this bloke throughout this saga

Name:  infominister.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  10.3 KB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I swear the ARU are being advised by this bloke throughout this saga

Name:  infominister.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  10.3 KB
    Chemical Clyne

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    "We continue to have dialogue with both teams"

Is this correct Hansie?
    Dialogue = two parties engaging in conversation directly or two parties engaging via the media, supposition, speculation and rumours. I'll let you decide which one is occurring.

One day, when the dust has settled we can look back and be absolutely amazed at the lack of dialogue in the past 12 months.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thanks for the confirmation Hans, as most of us no doubt suspected. It must be a banker thing, this strategy of saying (without actually saying) one thing publicly whilst attempting to nail some of your less influential stakeholders to the wall.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast