Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR View Post
    Force are good for the future
    Police or Western?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    This was news back during the election but has since been furthered by the governments more recent backing of our future. Also, more government support was agreed to by both the ARU and the state government when the Alliance Agreement was drawn up. After all, the ARU came to Perth to buy our license and IP for $4 million and left with $5 million of our governments money to host a Bledisloe. Yet another example of how WA contributes to Australian rugby, not just expecting handout after handout like Mr Wards shambles of a home state.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well it's been 2 days since this dribble was published and none of the noteworthy Rugby journos have followed up. After last night and what could be a massacre at AAMI Park tonight, I don't reckon we'll hear much from this bloke for a while.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Re renewal for next season, I had an idea about the sponsors logo. Instead of saying 'Road Safety' on the match shirts, they could evolve with different messages on different shirts. Likewise each supporters shirt could carry a different message on the front depending on size. Ie, the kids sizes could say 'it's 40kph in a school zone'. The XL shirts could say don't drink and drive and the ladies shirts say don't do your make up on the freeway. The messages could be numerous but ultimately up to the sponsors.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr C View Post
    Re renewal for next season, I had an idea about the sponsors logo. Instead of saying 'Road Safety' on the match shirts, they could evolve with different messages on different shirts. Likewise each supporters shirt could carry a different message on the front depending on size. Ie, the kids sizes could say 'it's 40kph in a school zone'. The XL shirts could say don't drink and drive and the ladies shirts say don't do your make up on the freeway. The messages could be numerous but ultimately up to the sponsors.
    I actually really like this idea. Instead of a sponsorship it's a message. The ladies shirt should be around mobile phones and driving. Then you are covering speeding, alcohol and distractions.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I think you on to something there Dr C that would be in the face of everyone .. would defiantly get the message out their and it would be a talking point with the kids.. Maybe have one like Buckle me up I am a future force player.. great Idea..

vCash
    Don't be an idiot and drive slow in the outside lane

vCash
    Learn how to merge in with the crowd

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Re renewal for next season, I had an idea about the sponsors logo. Instead of saying 'Road Safety' on the match shirts, they could evolve with different messages on different shirts
    Good idea I reckon. As long as the message is concise and easily read. It could boost awareness of the promotion. Maybe have 3 or 4 critical messages across the squad?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Great ideas keep em moving

Good to see those in power - the harvard business degrees, LSE'ers and masters degrees in marketing have contributed precisely....nada

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Learn how to merge in with the crowd
    Pretty sure 99% of this state doesn't know how the merge properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Pretty sure 99% of this state doesn't know how the merge properly.
    We could mount a "merge the brumbies and rebels" campaign

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash

Western Force sponsorship deal in spotlight after Road Safety Commissioner steps away

Uh oh!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-2...p-deal/8661128

The McGowan Government is demanding former state treasurer Mike Nahan release full details of a rugby sponsorship deal done under the Barnett government.

The Western Force received a financial lifeline of $1.5 million in January, under a sponsorship deal that saw the Road Safety Commission become their naming rights partner.

During Question Time in WA Parliament, the McGowan Government sprayed the Opposition with demands to see the documents related to the deal.

"Quite unusually, very late in the term of the former government ... an interesting arrangement was entered into with the Road Safety Commission and Western Force," Treasurer Ben Wyatt said.

"I was unsure as to exactly what the road safety implications were, because sponsoring a tier-one sporting code I thought was probably outside the core activities of the Road Safety Commission."

Mr Wyatt said Treasury had advised him it was not aware of the deal or consulted before it was done.

"Treasury would not have recommended this reallocation of RTT [Road Trauma Trust] expenditure based on the proposal," Mr Wyatt said.

"Without any form of Cabinet endorsement, without the role of Treasury, without any credible explanation as to exactly how [the money] ... was going to influence road safety, the former government somehow concocted a case."

Dr Nahan, who is now Opposition Leader, defended the deal and said the documents were protected by Cabinet confidentiality.

"It was a Cabinet document and we — as previous governments have — haven't allowed the release of Cabinet documents of that nature ... and we won't do so now," he said.

"We're not going to violate [that] and release Cabinet documents."
    The debate spilled over a day after it was revealed Road Safety Commissioner Kim Papalia had stepped away from his role.

He did so after having sought legal advice about refusing to give evidence to a State Government inquiry examining the rugby sponsorship documents.

The Government said Mr Papalia left because he was unhappy that the Road Safety Commission was being rolled into the same department as WA Police.

But the Opposition said Mr Papalia was "shoved sideways to purgatory" after taking the legal advice.

Premier Mark McGowan said Mr Papalia first sought legal advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions before taking independent legal advice without consulting Road Safety Minister Michelle Roberts.

"Mr Papalia didn't advise me of that and he should have," Ms Roberts told Parliament.
    Mr McGowan said as a result, acting director-general of Premier and Cabinet Darren Foster spoke to Mr Papalia last Friday — four days before he left his role.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Good news one minute, bad the next 😳

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast