Thread: Fund Raising To Survive.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

Fund Raising To Survive.

In these days of austerity, unemployment, underemployment, Government cutbacks, general statewide belt tightening, and the pressure of living in a State in depression and a Federation in denial, Palmyra Rugby club have hit on three major initiatives to help support the club in paying for and retaining their player acquisitions into the future, where other clubs may encounter difficulties.

Firstly, the club has obtained Council permission to erect a surfboard storage facility and secure bicycle parking area at Tompkins Park. The surfboard facility, a brick and colourbond unit, to be built adjacent to the Cricket nets near the ground keeper's storage area, will initially have an area 80 square metres, with room for expansion as the need arises. Surf board racks, incorporating personal security (locking) devices, will enable patrons of the soon to be built state of the art Wave Park on Tompkins Park to leave their boards stored adjacent to the wave park, with easy access, and will reduce parking and vehicular movements in the area. Once delivered and stored, the boards can be accessed with a facility keycard and locked in place with the the owner's own lock.

Storage for 500 boards is envisaged as a minimum, and at a cost of $30 per month, should, if fully utilized, yield an annual return of $180,000, less maintenance costs.

Hardstand bicycle parking will be provided adjacent to the board storage unit, with rows of bike racks cemented into the hardstand and hired out at the rate of $10 per 3 hour block per bike. It is envisaged that 50 to 75 bikes will be accommodated at any one time, and the users will have the ability to lock their bikes, as well as the added security of an on site attendant. While the bike facility will not be a huge net earner, it will provide employment for players who otherwise do not have employment, to work as attendants.

Secondly, the club has secured the right from Council to control and charge for parking in the existing hardstand areas adjacent to the Wave Park. Ticketing Booths will be erected and manned at all entry points, and again this will provide further employment opportunities for players as well as an anticipated modest return on capital expenses.

Finally, and this on current indications will be the most profitable income stream (the club has been conducting low key experimentation on the concept with good results over the past several months), the club will expand and refine it's Crowd Funding activities.

In return for annual contributions of between $300 to $1000 Funders will be entitled, depending on the size of the contribution, to club membership, club apparel and merchandise, free parking, free board storage, invitations to special club events and functions, free Force membership, and tickets to Force home games.

For all sporting facilities, not just rugby clubs, we are living in interesting and difficult times, in which only the strong and proactive will likely survive.

Palmyra is giving itself its best chance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    ha ha

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The need for thinking outside the square when it comes to Rugby Club fund raising has been something that Rugby Administrators have had to work on for hundreds of years. I wish to offer my assistance. This idea is not mine. But perhaps it can provide a WA Based club with some much needed cash money.

Here is how it works.

Day one - The Preparation.
    Requirements:

1. Rugby Field. With the playing area marked off into a 5 Metre square grid. With a corresponding map marked out on to a large white board. This will be annotated with Letters Running horizontally and Numbers vertically so that individual squares maybe identified similar to the old game of Battleship.

2. Designated Spectator area. Ideally this area allows for your members and guests to view the entire field along with appropriate Drinking and Eating facilities that would be on sale for said members and guests

3. An Auctioneer

4. A cow

Day/Night 2. The Auction.

This can be a separate function held prior to the Main function, or held in the hours leading up to the main function. The Choice is yours.
    The selling off of grid squares to the highest bidder or syndicate in an Auction environment.

Day/Night 3.

The name of the game is Cow Lotto. Your members and guests are guessing on where on the Rugby Paddock your cow will have a shit.
    I would suggest some rules for the day.
    1. Don't bring the cow on to the Rugby paddock until all of the guests have arrived.
    2. Don't bring the cow on to the Rugby paddock until it has already taken a shit. The longer the guests and members can buy drinks food from the club - the more successful the day.
    3. If the cow shits on a line - That shit is ruled a no-shit and the day continues
    4. You may want to enforce the rule of no loud noises or waving to attempt to scare the cow away from an area or attempt to send the cow to another area.
    5. Once the cow has taken what is ruled to be a fair shit. You can declare the winner. Winner takes 50%, Club takes 50%. Function is over. Or if you have a butcher/abattoir worker in the club - The second part of the function - COW BBQ. Can take place.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    What a load.............

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    The need for thinking outside the square when it comes to Rugby Club fund raising has been something that Rugby Administrators have had to work on for hundreds of years. I wish to offer my assistance. This idea is not mine. But perhaps it can provide a WA Based club with some much needed cash money.

Here is how it works.

Day one - The Preparation.
    Requirements:

1. Rugby Field. With the playing area marked off into a 5 Metre square grid. With a corresponding map marked out on to a large white board. This will be annotated with Letters Running horizontally and Numbers vertically so that individual squares maybe identified similar to the old game of Battleship.
    In Pally's version, the field will then be auctioned square by square to people who may (on days when rugby is not being played) use their patch of turf for
    A) Surfboard Storage
    B) Sunbaking (Topless incurs extra charges)
    C) Lawnmower testing
    D) Small functions which do not damage the playing surface

After extensive research into the concept, Paly have determined that each square of turf not including playing equipment (posts) or line markings will sell at auction for an average sum of $15,000. Premium spaces (Those with water views and proximity to the clubhouse) will be auctioned first, expecting to achieve sums in excess of $25,000. Through this, Paly conservatively estimate to generate approximately $5,000,000 including subsequent licensing fees for boobs out, etc they estimate that the proposal might generate in excess of $6,000,000 annually.

They are considering the cost-risk benefits of catering and entertainment on auction day.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gigs, please join our committee.

We like the cut of your jib.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gigs, please join our committee.

We like the cut of your jib.

Really?? I mean the bloke wants to charge overs for "boobs out" access. Anyone with a bit of business savvy would go with an incentive discount at the same time as doubling the reserve on the adjoining squares

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gigs, please join our committee. We like the cut of your jib.
    I wouldn't fit in. I released the idea for free

C'mon the