Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: VRU, RUPA vote for ARU EGM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    No they didn't Tonkar. We lost our voting right when we lost our licence to the fools at the ARU.
    So Rugby WA does not get the state vote either ???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just posted this on the rugby.com.au FB page to go with Jodi's comments from earlier today:

"What a joke you are turning rugby into in this country Mr Clyne. If you've known "for 5 or 6 years" that 5 teams is not sustainable, why did you not withdraw the 5th licence when you had control of the Rebels for the 2 years between mid-2013 and mid-2015?

Why did you do a deal with Cox when he took over the Rebels (at a cost to him of one single solitary Aussie dollar) that involved the ARU writing off an ASTONISHING $13million in loans you'd made to the Rebels in every year since they began, AND agreeing to give the Rebels "special funding" of a further $2.6million in 2016 on top of the grant of $5.7million?

That's $15.6million that could have gone into this "grassroots" thing that you would now have us believe is the panacea for the mess you have made of our noble sport.

You, Mr Clyne, and your merry band of executives and directors have grossly mismanaged rugby in Australia for many years and have shown complete and utter distain for the hard-working, average joe supporter.

You should man up and admit that you got it woefully wrong when you awarded the 5th SuperRugby licence in 2010 and then compounded that gross error of judgement by throwing $millions of good money after bad in insisting - for reasons known only to yourselves - on maintaining a SuperRugby presence in Melbourne despite the financial drain and ongoing poor onfield results.

Hope you and your CEO enjoyed your Bollinger after the meeting today while patting each other on the back for a job well done.

How you people can dare show your faces in public is beyond me.

Whatever the final decision is on which of the Rebels or the Force ends up paying the price for your sheer incompetence as sports administrators, you have lost an incredible amount of support among us fans that you will never ever regain. Not to mention losing an entire generation of potential players in the State you end up chopping down at the knees.

Shame on you ARU. Shame on each and every one of you."

I wish he or Pulver would pick up the phone to me like Cheika did to John Quigley!

12 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I wish he or Pulver would pick up the phone to me like Cheika did to John Quigley!
    Never going to happen. Cheika might not be a smart coach, probably less smart than the average guy, but he at least has the stones to call and chat with the guy who publicly exposed his lack of ability. The executive would be hard pressed to find a single vertebrae amongst them.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Just posted this on the rugby.com.au FB page to go with Jodi's comments from earlier today:

"What a joke you are turning rugby into in this country Mr Clyne. If you've known "for 5 or 6 years" that 5 teams is not sustainable, why did you not withdraw the 5th licence when you had control of the Rebels for the 2 years between mid-2013 and mid-2015?..........................Shame on you ARU. Shame on each and every one of you."

Are the forum posts on rugby.com.au usually so active?? That thread is just going off! It can't be all Force and Rebels supporters surely. Litmus test results of just how Clone and Puller are doing.

Champion
    vCash
    Do they look at the media? Surely they understand how this going down with the fans who without there is no rugby!! The ARU must be confident that legal action won't stop them cutting us or the Rebels otherwise yesterday was the perfect excuse to back out of the deal and keep five teams!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    The ARU are confident in boning the Force pure and simple. Always have been and the rest of the member unions like good little puppets have lined up and put the black cap on their heads to pass down their judgement.

If you look at everything on a timeline back from the Rebels coming in to now it all points to the biggest underhanded stitch up to every grace our game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    The ARU are confident in boning the Force pure and simple. Always have been and the rest of the member unions like good little puppets have lined up and put the black cap on their heads to pass down their judgement.

If you look at everything on a timeline back from the Rebels coming in to now it all points to the biggest underhanded stitch up to every grace our game.
    Absolutely SG! It feels a bit like they read out the wrong name when they announced WA would get the 4th licence and have spent the last 12 years trying to correct that. They have tried everything to get us to fail and have now had to resort to bare fists to kill us off.

It stinks to high heaven and I wish that we could hire a massive smell-o-vision billboard outside 'ARU House' in Sydney to scream out exactly how much it stinks!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    "Hope you and your CEO enjoyed your Bollinger after the meeting today while patting each other on the back for a job well done.

How you people can dare show your faces in public is beyond me."

I would give you 500 thumbs up if I could Alison.

I get so angry when I see that Clyne's face on the tv that I just want to knock him out....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    So we can't get answers from them. I wonder if their sponsors are liking the negative public backlash.

Maybe time to ask them and succumb to joining twitter.

http://www.aru.com.au/wallabies/Partners.aspx

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    ..I get so angry when I see that Clyne's face on the tv that I just want to knock him out....
    I feel the same way when I see John Eales on Fox Sports - he's sold out on us big time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Absolutely SG! It feels a bit like they read out the wrong name when they announced WA would get the 4th licence and have spent the last 12 years trying to correct that. They have tried everything to get us to fail and have now had to resort to bare fists to kill us off.

It stinks to high heaven and I wish that we could hire a massive smell-o-vision billboard outside 'ARU House' in Sydney to scream out exactly how much it stinks!!
    Thats exactly the situation the ARU is trying to manufacture. We were not supposed to get the 4th license, Melbourne was a shoe in according to the Sydney powerbrokers. The 12 years of neglect our franchise has gone through from the ARU was designed to kill us off years ago but we survived in spite of their bullshit treatment of the Force. We can now see quite clearly after yesterday's EGM that the $28 million was used for vote buying by the ARU to shore up its position. The other 4 franchises have been bought with promises of cash and players. Thats the ARU way, spend millions on quick fixes whilst ignoring the need to grow the game and nuture its pathways.

Fuck the lot of them, its war.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Jodie's words follow

... But please continue to shift blame onto the teams for stalling the process by simply defending their legal rights. ...
    Exactly!
    Jodi nails it with this posting, as have many other recent writers like Richard Hinds and Peter FitzSimons, but none of it will penetrate the cynicism of Clyne, Pulver and their cronies.

Words are wasted on this lot.

vCash
    Mitch Inman off to Onoyax in France, yet another hard grafter lost to Australain rugby.

Well done ARU another well credentialed Super Rugby player leaving our shores.

I found Beth Newmans line in her article on Rugby.com.au

" While there were concerns that a delay caused by the Australian moratorium would either force players in the vulnerable franchises to jump on an overseas deal or be left without any 2018 deal, it has not claimed any high-profile scalps yet"

most distasteful and shows the junk that is being filtered down from the ARU heads.

Our game is not about stars and stars alone, it is about respect and hard grafting, it takes hard grafters to make the core of a team so that the so called stars can perform, they cannot do it on their own this is a fifteeen man now 23 man game.

Last edited by Tazzmania; 21-06-17 at 10:00.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I don't understand why the Force (or anyone) did not apparently question on the $28mill and other monies situation? Wouldn't it have been the chance to highlight the issues?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I don't understand why the Force (or anyone) did not apparently question on the $28mill and other monies situation? Wouldn't it have been the chance to highlight the issues?
    Why would the 4 beneficiaries of the $28 million in bribes question where the money went? The ARU has them in their back pockets.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast