Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: VRU, RUPA vote for ARU EGM

vCash
    Jodi Hodgson has posted a brilliant tirade on rugby.com.au great to see the passion wonder if she will get a phone call

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Jodi Hodgson has posted a brilliant tirade on rugby.com.au great to see the passion wonder if she will get a phone call
    That wasn't a tirade, it was a passionate statement of reality

If it were a tirade it would have mentioned unconscionable conduct, fiduciary irresponsibility and incomplete (and misleading) statements by public officers of a legally constituted association.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Can some one please inform me if rugby WA got to vote in todays meeting and if not why ??

vCash
    Confirms this is definitely a fight to the death between us and the Rebels (unfortunately) - five teams surviving got outvoted by vested interests, so no choice buts no holds barred now Rugby WA, go for the full 80 and rake any bastard lying on the ball.

Oh, and long studs in please!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    What a waste of time and energy!!! FFS!
    And money Jules! More bloody money down the drain due to the ARU's incompetence and mismanagement. Not happy Jan!!

Oh and apparently WA has no voting rights anymore as we lost them when the ARU took back our licence.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Can some one please inform me if rugby WA got to vote in todays meeting and if not why ??
    No they didn't Tonkar. We lost our voting right when we lost our licence to the fools at the ARU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Could you copy Jodie's views here please?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    No they didn't Tonkar. We lost our voting right when we lost our licence to the fools at the ARU.
    Alison I could be wrong but I thought WARugby got a vote as all States do, and that Pulver had stated that the Force would still get to vote even though they are 'owned' by the ARU.

vCash
    Just found Jodie's post

Well said Jodie, heart-felt words from someone at the front line of this cluster

Jodie's words follow

Clyne it's another day & you are regurgitating the same excrement as you have for months. So there was a vote today & the majority have supported the idea of cutting a team. Not surprising given the make up of the ARU is heavily in favour of the teams not in the firing line. But the problem remains that even with this support you are still neglecting the facts of the situation. The ARU signed an agreement that keeps the Western Force in the Super Rugby competition until 2020. You have a privately owned Melbourne Rebels that you don't have the power to oust. So you stupidly short listed two teams you couldn't forcefully remove & told the world it would take less than 72 hours to determine which would go. 72 long days later you still haven't got any closer to completing the task. But please continue to shift blame onto the teams for stalling the process by simply defending their legal rights. Sir this cluster is squarely due to your ineptitude not anything else. So if it is still agreed that the ARU should remove a team, which team will you choose? The Waratahs, Reds or Brumbies? You have the power to remove any of these 3, not the other two. So if you are so desperate to remove a team & they have supported you to do it, get it done. It will certainly improve each of the other teams to have this injection of Wallabies across the other teams. But I can't see that flying can you? Instead we are 72 painful & stressful days into a mess of your own creation. 72 days where over a hundred families have been unable to plan for 2018. 72 days where recruitment of the Force & Rebels has been critically compromised to a point of extinction for the 2018 season. 72 days since the fans & sponsors have been able to simply enjoy supporting their team. With budgets getting done now how do the sponsors dedicate funds to the Force or Rebels at the moment? How do players take the gamble to sign on with these teams when they might not exist? Or is this all part of the plan to ultimately reduce down to 3 teams from the beloved home lands of rugby in Australia? I wouldn't put it past you. You think you are going to save $6 million dollars a year by cutting a team. Sirs you have lost this ten fold in sponsorship, memberships, playing stocks, good will & grassroots support. All this drama is incredibly premature & shortsighted given that in 2020 the new broadcast deal needs to be renegotiated so the structure of the competition will likely drastically change then anyway. Why go through the pain & related costs twice? What is there really to gain? Where is the strategic planning? Where is the critical thought behind this mess? I can't see it either. Tomorrow will be 73 damning days since this kicked off Clyne & Pulver. What exactly have you achieved to date?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Macattack; 20-06-17 at 20:17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Alison I could be wrong but I thought WARugby got a vote as all States do, and that Pulver had stated that the Force would still get to vote even though they are 'owned' by the ARU.
    I saw one of the journos tweet today that we didn't get to vote at today's EGM because the ARU owns our licence. Maybe I misunderstood. Perhaps it meant that they could vote, but not against the ARU or its voting intent?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I saw one of the journos tweet today that we didn't get to vote at today's EGM because the ARU owns our licence. Maybe I misunderstood. Perhaps it meant that they could vote, but not against the ARU or its voting intent?
    All state unions have votes (some have multiple - guess which ones )and all franchises get one vote - the Force vote is held by ARU. IIRC.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    so how come there were only 5 votes cast,according to reports?

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I didn't think anything would be accomplished out of today. I am disappointed that RUPA and Victorian rugby union who called this meeting did not front up to make a statement as to what they accomplish or are they happy with the result.

The only reason we are not pulling down the blinds and turning off the lights is because of the alliance agreement. Which with the court ruling will not be finalised until the end of July. Without details and with the cone of silence firmly lowered who the hell knows what will happen. So it's a 50/50 from the outside in and that not great odds is you have passion and have been listening to this drivel for 72 days.

How did it get to this. I am sick of the ARU blaming the clubs when it is a wider issue and should have been dealt with by them. I understand deflection but come on really.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    so how come there were only 5 votes cast,according to reports?
    A lot of abstentions? Also RUPA has a vote - and also IIRC.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Qld 2 votes, NSW 2 votes, rest of states 1 vote, Sr franchises 1 vote rupa 1 vote, I think that's it, so 5 votes out of 13?

C'mon the

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast