Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elsom Trying To Save The Rebels

vCash
    seems like cox is trying to take the money and run..he is a businessman after all. whether that comes from the ARU or another source. If he can walk away from a 2m(?) liability per year with 6m then happy days.

Elsom is a complete nitwit if he thinks he can make the rebels viable...or that they will even be around in 5 years irrespective of the mess now.

Just think now the club and supporters know that their is a possibility that they be the team that gets the boot. Their supporters on GAGR are far less smug now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    And Cheika has the temerity to go on Kick and Chase last night and pontificate about the Force and Rebels players being in charge of their own destiny and being no different to anyone else who has decisions to make on their career?

He must be as thick as he sounds. These guys are anything BUT in charge of their own destiny right now.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I have not watched Lick and Chase last night but absolutely have to agree with Alison that these players sure are not in total control of their career. That guy is an absolute plonker for even believing it, let alone saying it publicly. It is obvious that 30 players will miss out on a contract next year if the ARU end up cutting a team from Super Rugby competition. Yes there might be opportunities overseas but it surely is not everyone's cup of tea to head overseas to earn your living and feed your family. It is very different for players who have been in Super Rugby for a while and represented their country to head to France or Japan for the superannuation but that does not apply for young ones who are at the start of their rugby careers. Cheika, you are an absolute MUPPET and I have absolutely no respect for you!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In essence he was saying that they should go overseas!! What national coach has that as his mindset? A muppet as you say Yungfen!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    What an absolute CLUSTERFUCK! 😔

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Champion
    vCash
    Just another example of the business prowess of Bill Pulver and Rob Clarke, they sell the Rebels for $1, spend $33 million propping the thing up, then spend another $9 million trying to buy it back. Just outstanding business skills .... *starts a slow clap

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wayne Keith Smith‏ @WayneKeithSmith · 6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING: Australian Rugby Union likely to head to an emergency general meeting over the state of game. RUPA votes unanimously for summit.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And Cheika has the temerity to go on Kick and Chase last night and pontificate about the Force and Rebels players being in charge of their own destiny and being no different to anyone else who has decisions to make on their career?

He must be as thick as he sounds. These guys are anything BUT in charge of their own destiny right now.
    Seems to be contradicting himself. If DHP is in charge of his own destiny and decides he wants to play in europe he gets quickly reminded of how he has to honor his contract but the other players who aren't Wallabies get told they are in charge of their own destiny.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Wayne Keith Smith‏ @WayneKeithSmith · 6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING: Australian Rugby Union likely to head to an emergency general meeting over the state of game. RUPA votes unanimously for summit.
    The ARU are still doing things backwards I see. Shouldn't the ARU have had consultations with their stakeholders before they went to London? They had from September 2016 until March 2017 to do the groundwork for culling a team.

Hey look, RUPA still thinks it is relevant to the discussion. Welcome back, i was worried we weren't going to hear from RUPA after they completely went to ground after the cull announcement.

Last edited by Kalahard; 17-05-17 at 13:01.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Social Media is alight with it. I don't think they can avoid it.

Iain Payten‏ @iainpayten · 9m9 minutes ago
    Under ARU constitution, a general meeting must be held if requested by two voting members. RUPA want "transparent" update on SR saga.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Ill save them the time, money and effort. The ARU doesn't have any idea how to get itself out of the jam its created for itself and this emergerency AGM wont do anything to progress the situation or provide any answers.

vCash
    I wonder if this will lead to a spill move against the Board and/or CEO. Puller must be squirming.... and deserves to be!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Seems the easiest option is to cut the brumbies/tahs/reds now!
    ha ha I think you're right. I wonder if the ARU predicted this complete clusterf**k!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    ha ha I think you're right. I wonder if the ARU predicted this complete clusterf**k!
    I can now see the ARU giving the rebels more money to play games in Canberra and change their name to the brumbies

vCash
    If the intention of the meeting is a spill, anything is possible. Especially if Pulver and Co walk the plank willingly. This is might not be ideal for us. I hope they are left to clean up their own shit pile - and only then resign and run away.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast