Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 153

Thread: Force vs Highlanders 2017

  1. #1
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    355
    vCash
    5082000

    Force vs Highlanders 2017

    Naholo suspended for one week

    Highlanders winger Waisake Naholo will miss the Super Rugby clash with the Western Force in Perth on Saturday after copping a one-game ban for a shoulder charge against the Bulls.

    All Blacks flyer Naholo was sent off for the incident midway through the second half of Saturday's 17-10 win in Pretoria.

    His shoulder collected the head of Burger Odendaal after the Bulls inside centre passed the ball.

    A SANZAAR foul play review committee accepted a guilty plea from Naholo and said the incident was at the lower end of the scale.

    A two-week ban was reduced because of Naholo's good judicial record and early plea.

    http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/05...rce-suspension

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Player yungfen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Duncraig
    Posts
    495
    vCash
    5432000
    That is good news for us

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    14,745
    vCash
    73306000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Yeah only Faddes, Li, Osborne, Fekitoa, Buckman, Banks, Smith, Smith & Smith in the backs to worry about now

    5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  4. #4
    (Previously WFDS) WFDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rocko
    Posts
    1,391
    vCash
    5454000
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    That is good news for us
    Thats good news for Newsome!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

  5. #5
    Player chiraag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northbridge
    Posts
    209
    vCash
    1686000
    Sopoaga is apparently going to be back however, which will make a huge difference to their attack

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    14,745
    vCash
    73306000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    Showers forecast and no roof = advantage Force

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  7. #7
    Player yungfen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Duncraig
    Posts
    495
    vCash
    5432000
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Sopoaga is apparently going to be back however, which will make a huge difference to their attack
    That can turn to our advantage; specially if we put lots of pressure on him.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,265
    vCash
    5312000
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/i...51fa6c16bf7000

    THE Western Force are set to be boosted by the return of a host of stars as the franchise plot their path towards becoming Australia’s sole representative in this year’s Super Rugby finals.
    The Force boosted their chances of winning the Australian conference by notching an upset 16-6 win last week over the Jaguares in Argentina.
    The Brumbies lead the Australian conference on 19 points, but the Force are just six points back and boast the luxury of having four of their final five games at home.
    The Force have been decimated by injuries all season, but the tide is about to turn.
    Veteran Matt Hodgson (ankle), winger Luke Morahan (fractured cheekbone) and Wallabies hooker Tatafu Polata-Nau (rested) are set to return for Saturday night’s home clash with the Highlanders at nib Stadium.
    And they could be joined by prop Jermaine Ainsley (dislocated elbow), lock Matt Philip (foot) and reserve halfback Michael Ruru (ankle).
    Skipper Ben McCalman has targeted next week’s away clash with Queensland for his return from an ongoing shoulder issue, while Wallabies utility back Dane Haylett-Petty (hamstring) is also closing in on a return in coming weeks.
    Prop Ben Daley (knee) and scrumhalf Ryan Louwrens (knee) won’t play again this season, but star winger Chance Peni is a chance to return after the June Test window bye.

    http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/wa-s...16-gw600q.html

    Same article on WAnow

    8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,265
    vCash
    5312000
    A bit of info on our injuries for those who were looking for it.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Senior Player Herbasimplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valley Forge
    Posts
    529
    vCash
    7504650
    same article here

    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/in...51fa6c16bf7000

    States that force are looking at the finals and mentions the rebels seem more vulnerable for the chop. Dare I suggest a positive article.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

  11. #11
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Brabham
    Posts
    202
    vCash
    5008000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/i...51fa6c16bf7000

    winger Luke Morahan (fractured cheekbone)
    Same article on WAnow
    Luke Morahan is down the pecking order in my opinion, rather persist with Newsome, Verity-Ann and Masiwera.

    8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    5564000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!
    maybe play him at fullback

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Player yungfen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Duncraig
    Posts
    495
    vCash
    5432000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Luke Morahan is down the pecking order in my opinion, rather persist with Newsome, Verity-Ann and Masiwera.
    Not blaming him for taking up a contract overseas, but we are better off giving game time and experience to the likes of Newsome and Verity-Amm.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,643
    vCash
    202000
    Dry July! 141 Club Award
    Matt Phillips coming back might mean Carmichael missing out. Personally, I've been impressed by the young Scot, but I guess we've only got him on loan and Phillips needs the games.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  15. #15
    (Previously WFDS) WFDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rocko
    Posts
    1,391
    vCash
    5454000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/i...51fa6c16bf7000

    THE Western Force are set to be boosted by the return of a host of stars as the franchise plot their path towards becoming Australia’s sole representative in this year’s Super Rugby finals.
    The Force boosted their chances of winning the Australian conference by notching an upset 16-6 win last week over the Jaguares in Argentina.
    The Brumbies lead the Australian conference on 19 points, but the Force are just six points back and boast the luxury of having four of their final five games at home.
    The Force have been decimated by injuries all season, but the tide is about to turn.
    Veteran Matt Hodgson (ankle), winger Luke Morahan (fractured cheekbone) and Wallabies hooker Tatafu Polata-Nau (rested) are set to return for Saturday night’s home clash with the Highlanders at nib Stadium.
    And they could be joined by prop Jermaine Ainsley (dislocated elbow), lock Matt Philip (foot) and reserve halfback Michael Ruru (ankle).
    Skipper Ben McCalman has targeted next week’s away clash with Queensland for his return from an ongoing shoulder issue, while Wallabies utility back Dane Haylett-Petty (hamstring) is also closing in on a return in coming weeks.
    Prop Ben Daley (knee) and scrumhalf Ryan Louwrens (knee) won’t play again this season, but star winger Chance Peni is a chance to return after the June Test window bye.

    http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/wa-s...16-gw600q.html

    Same article on WAnow
    It would be a shame if those who stepped up big time last week are not rewarded for their efforts. I'm sure they will be.

    One of the biggest changes I noticed against the Hhhhhhhhhhhaguares was how they played with out fear. Especially in the 2nd half. That was a massive change to what I've been used to in the past.... it was great to watch.... fu@kin loved it!

    6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Force v Lions, 2017
    By blueandblack in forum Western Force
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 02-05-17, 09:34
  2. Western force vs Chiefs 2017
    By volvo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 26-04-17, 10:46
  3. Round 2 Force v Reds 2017
    By Herbasimplex in forum Western Force
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 07-03-17, 00:18
  4. Force vs Tahs round 1 2017
    By volvo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-03-17, 20:07
  5. Ebersohn re-signs with the Force to 2017
    By Timbo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-11-14, 13:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •