Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Force vs Highlanders 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Matt Phillips coming back might mean Carmichael missing out. Personally, I've been impressed by the young Scot, but I guess we've only got him on loan and Phillips needs the games.
    Was very impressed with Philips' ball-carrying ability, before he went out injured.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    If I recall it was also Kieran who pushed the final try scorer out wide at the end.
    He is a good lad. Devastated by having to go to England after being ignored by the Wallabies.
    Fixed

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Anyone know of a place in Okpo South Korea where I can watch the match on Saturday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    FORCE v HIGHLANDERS in Perth, Saturday 7.45pm AEST

ALL Blacks halves Aaron Smith and Lima Sopoaga will start from the bench as the Highlanders visit the Force in Perth.

Smith has been given a breather at halfback, where Kayne Hammington earns a rare start, while five-eighth Sopoaga returns via the bench after missing nine games with a hamstring injury.

Tevita Li replaces the suspended Waisake Naholo on the wing, All Blacks hooker Liam Coltman returns to start and Elliot Dixon will captain the side from No 8.

Lock Tom Franklin has been named to play his 50th game.

The Highlanders are riding a seven-game winning streak while the Force revived their finals hopes with an upset win over the Jaguares in Buenos Aires last week.

FORCE (TBC)

HIGHLANDERS (15-1): Matt Faddes, Patrick Osborne, Malakai Fekitoa, Richard Buckman, Tevita Li, Marty Banks, Kayne Hammington, Elliot Dixon (c), Dillon Hunt, Gareth Evans, Tom Franklin, Alex Ainley, Siate Tokolahi, Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown

Reserves: Ash Dixon, Aki Seiuli, Guy Millar, Joe Wheeler, Jackson Hemopo, Aaron Smith, Lima Sopoaga, Rob Thompson

Referee: Shuhei Kubo (JAP)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...90aa42b7e599e5
    Look at that puss weak bench!

We got this boys!!!!!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Anyone know of a place in Okpo South Korea where I can watch the match on Saturday?
    Google tells me this place might help: https://www.facebook.com/tigertigerokpo/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Rookie
    vCash
    If we play the young guns and leave out Brache (sorry mate but too many errors) and Morahan I think we have a show.

Hopefully they are underestimating us with Smith and Sopoaga on the bench.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Reinforcements Back to Host Highlanders

By Fraser Smith on Thu 18th May 17

The Road Safety Western Force have welcomed back into the side a host of players for the huge clash with the Highlanders at the Force Field this Saturday, 20 May kicking off at 5:45pm AWST.

Tatafu Polota-Nau returns as the starting hooker jersey after missing the Jaguares match last week. Jermaine Ainsley will start at tighthead after recovering from an elbow injury he suffered against the Crusaders in Round Five.

Brynard Stander is the only change in the backrow, as the ferocious ball runner is set to start at openside flank.

Veteran Peter Grant will start at flyhalf after an impressive performance in Buenos Aires last week. Jono Lance will miss the game with an injured hand.

In the back three, Luke Morahan returns from a fractured cheekbone and will start at fullback.

In the reserves Anaru Rangi and Tetera Faulkner will look to bring plenty of impact off the bench, along with locks Lewis Carmichael and Matt Philip who makes his return from an injured foot. Michael Ruru is the last inclusion in the reserves, returning from an ankle injury he suffered in Round 7 against the Kings.

Road Safety Western Force Head Coach says the endeavour shown in Argentina was pleasing, and just reward after a tough performance, but his side will need to be back on task against an in-form Highlanders side.

“Our performance in Argentina was built on the back of our intensity in our preparation. Our challenge is to match that again this week. We’re excited to be back at home in front of the Sea of Blue.”

Road Safety Western Force Team v Highlanders

1. Pek Cowan
    2. Tatafu Polota-Nau
    3. Jermaine Ainsley
    4. Richie Arnold
    5. Adam Coleman
    6. Ross Haylett-Petty
    7. Brynard Stander
    8. Richard Hardwick
    9. Ian Prior
    10. Peter Grant
    11. Alex Newsome
    12. Bill Meakes
    13. Curtis Rona
    14. Semisi Masirewa
    15. Luke Morahan

Reserves

16. Anaru Rangi
    17. Francois van Wyk
    18. Tetera Faulkner
    19. Matt Philip
    20. Lewis Carmichael
    21. IsireliNaisarani
    22. Michael Ruru
    23. James Verity-Amm

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...st-highlanders

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Hmmm

Rookie
    vCash
    So I guess Hodgo's ankle is a bit more serious than he let on? Anyone hear anything on him?

vCash
    With the injuries and after a trip across the world that is not a bad line up.

Good to see Meakes captaining the side, another that leads by example, great choice.

Looking forward to another physical encounter.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Lance is a notable absence too. Did I miss an injury update?
    Hopefully Peter Grant will keep up his unexpected spike in form!

vCash
    WELL KNOCK ME OVER WITH A FEATHER!

Brynard Stander is NOT an OSF. He has earned 1 TOW in 438 minutes of game time.

Matt Hodgson is NOT injured.

In 2017 Stander has averaged (for 80 mins played) 20 Ruck Involvements (16A/4D), 8 Tackles and 8 carries for 50m.
    In full games his Ruck Involvements have been as low as 15.

In 2017 Hodgson has averaged (for 80 mins played) 38 Ruck Involvements (29A/9D),13 Tackles and 9 carries for 38m.
    In full games Hodgson's Ruck Involvements have not been below 35.

I hope the lads do well against the Clan.

GO THE FORCE!

vCash
    So we've lost 3 Captains!

vCash
    Taking the replacements one by one, I'm pretty happy with this
    Tatafu Polota-Nau
    I reckon this was a scheduled rotation to cater for the demands of the massive road trip
    Jermaine Ainsley
    Looking at the way he was playing when he got cheap shotted by the lowest asshole of a prop in the competition, he deserves to start as soon as fit. I hope he hasn't been rushed back.
    Brynard Stander
    This is the really interesting one, Leaving out Hodgo (Injured, or just working some crazy plan) Dave has named 2 locks on the bench, I'm sure there's some devious shit running around in his head, with 5 locks named in the side. Are we worried about our lineout? could that be because Taf isn't a noted thrower? Does Dave think our locks are just as good in the loose as the tight? One thing's for sure, this will be the area to watch come Saturday night!
    Peter Grant
    I've ripped on him plenty in the last couple of years, but he was good last weekend. Forced by injury, and we have nothing left in the cookie jar, but I can see how it isn't a disaster.
    Luke Morahan
    Plenty of people have ripped on Mozza this year, I've been one of them at times, but when we consider that last week it was Marcel in 15, this HAS to be a step up! (love Marcel, but he always looks like he's playing 15% above his capabilities) Hopefully Luke gets some broken field to run into, because I still reckon he's one of the best in Oz.
    Anaru Rangi
    Heath rested? It could be planned, the travel would be killer, but Ru-Dozer did good last weekend and will follow that up by another 20-30 minutes of hitting stuff really hard. Interesting that both of the hookers have a similar playing style, does that indicate that Dave is looking to beat the Landers into a pulp, then run through the mush?
    Tetera Faulkner
    This might be a rotation, it might be just because Jermaine deserves to pick up where he left off, It might be the safety valve if Jermaine isn't quite ready. I think these two are the best tightheads we have, and I think they're named in the right order.
    Michael Ruru
    At this point, any halfback who is fit should be named. Ian has done a pretty good job covering, but he's pretty much out of the swing of halfback now, If Ruru is fit enough, I'd like to see an early replacement with Prior being used at 10 or 15. It appears that Ian is the utility cover, because Verity-Amm is the only other reserve back.

Overall, I'm excited by the mix, glad to see some boys back from the quack and can't wait to see what Dave has planned for the crazy number of locks that he's named.....should be exciting!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    WELL KNOCK ME OVER WITH A FEATHER!

Brynard Stander is NOT an OSF. He has earned 1 TOW in 438 minutes of game time.

Matt Hodgson is NOT injured.

In 2017 Stander has averaged (for 80 mins played) 20 Ruck Involvements (16A/4D), 8 Tackles and 8 carries for 50m.
    In full games his Ruck Involvements have been as low as 15.

In 2017 Hodgson has averaged (for 80 mins played) 38 Ruck Involvements (29A/9D),13 Tackles and 9 carries for 38m.
    In full games Hodgson's Ruck Involvements have not been below 35.

I hope the lads do well against the Clan.

GO THE FORCE!

Maybe it is intended that like they did against the Jaguars, Richard will keep switching between OSF and 8th man, Brynard is more an 8th man.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast