Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Future Force Players

vCash
    The fact we have a group willing to put money into developing talent for the Force, we should be applauding. I agree developing local talent would be better but I think they have scouts that suggest the guys that they sponsor

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Champion
    vCash
    As long as the Force keep engaged with the local community game then WA born/raised numbers will increase over time. Having a look the other day i counted 19 teams between the U/18s and Under 20s colts grades. 19 colts aged teams is the most i can remember for a while.
    I don't have a problem with where the Future Force players come from as they all play in the local comp and the local guys still have Premier Grade, Super Under 20s and NRC to push their cases if they get missed the first time round. Also i think the plan is to increase the number of spots in the academy from 12 to 20.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Kalahard;429558]As long as the Force keep engaged with the local community game then WA born/raised numbers will increase over time. Having a look the other day i counted 19 teams between the U/18s and Under 20s colts grades. 19 colts aged teams is the most i can remember for a while.

Kala interesting view on the state of U/20s comp. my mail has the Comp down to 7 teams by round 5 ( also of those 7 currently in the Comp 2 have already forfeited games this year ) - my best guess is the conp will be 5 teams by round 12.

Clubs lacking depth/quality in senior grades are taking u20's to play grade leaving a gaping hole in the 20's comp which will lead to to a weaker state for rugby in was for at least 5 years. Every club needs colts to back up senior grades but not to the detriment of the 20's comp in numbers and standard.

Not too mention every club needs a rowdy bunch of colts amusing the club with their antics .

Many people in this forum pass comment on the ARU and its lack of grassroots focus. What has rugbywa done for the colts comp in recent years.........(this would require multiple pages of content, not much positive ). They must have been focussed on running a successful professional team on and off the field with a strong profit & loss / balance sheet

colts is about as grassroots as it gets

Rookie
    vCash
    Do not forget the early graduates who were WA - Koteka, Hardwick and Scoble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    ....What has rugbywa done for the colts comp in recent years.........(this HAS multiple pages of content, not much positive ). They must have been focussed on running a successful professional team on and off the field with a strong profit & loss...
    Alison has revealed what we all speculated about on those muktiple pages wjm, the Force has been given nothing from ARU especially for grassroots while dealing with economy downturn and no sponsor....running on an oily rag.

Now is not yhe time to trash talk

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    As long as the Force keep engaged with the local community game then WA born/raised numbers will increase over time.
    Matt Phillip was down at our club last night helping out with scrums with my U11's. The boys loved it. Thanks to Matt and the Force for sending him down.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=wjm;429561]
    As long as the Force keep engaged with the local community game then WA born/raised numbers will increase over time. Having a look the other day i counted 19 teams between the U/18s and Under 20s colts grades. 19 colts aged teams is the most i can remember for a while.

Kala interesting view on the state of U/20s comp. my mail has the Comp down to 7 teams by round 5 ( also of those 7 currently in the Comp 2 have already forfeited games this year ) - my best guess is the conp will be 5 teams by round 12.

Clubs lacking depth/quality in senior grades are taking u20's to play grade leaving a gaping hole in the 20's comp which will lead to to a weaker state for rugby in was for at least 5 years. Every club needs colts to back up senior grades but not to the detriment of the 20's comp in numbers and standard.

Not too mention every club needs a rowdy bunch of colts amusing the club with their antics .

Many people in this forum pass comment on the ARU and its lack of grassroots focus. What has rugbywa done for the colts comp in recent years.........(this would require multiple pages of content, not much positive ). They must have been focussed on running a successful professional team on and off the field with a strong profit & loss / balance sheet

colts is about as grassroots as it gets
    Yes, I've seen some of the forfeits etc, my point was in WA it has been a long time since we have had 2 colts grades and 19 teams to start the season. By seasons end, a couple of teams may fall apart but my main point is that it has been more than 7 or 8 seasons since we've had so many U/18s and U/20s teams in our comps.
    Some may blame RugbyWA for the state of colts rugby, but its not like RugbyWA is responsible for going to each individual club and recruiting for them, the societal shift away from sport participation and the other temptations out there that lure young fellas away from sport. The last 4 to 5 years RugbyWA has been focused on restructuring the professional arm of their operations which has resulted in the set up of the Future Force, Own the Force and a reengagement of the community competitions. The benefits of theses actions may not see an immediate change but over time things will keep improving and hopefully one day we're regarded as a strong development state.

Champion
    vCash
    As I have posted several times previously the whole colt aged player thing needs an overhaul.

Only 3 premier clubs have the numbers to field both 18's and 20's with a few premier clubs having neither through no fault of their own but the harsh reality is that there is not enough players in this age group to go round.

Again I will put it out there that the colts comp should be a premier and junior division and as long as the player is under 20 then he can be eligible for both divisions.

This whole 18's thing where players can drive down to Brittania for a game on a Saturday morning along with all the other schoolboy teams and then head to his club and get on the piss is a bit of a joke.

These players are young men and should be part of the senior club.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I don't have a problem with where the Future Force players come from as they all play in the local comp and the local guys still have Premier Grade, Super Under 20s and NRC to push their cases if they get missed the first time round. Also i think the plan is to increase the number of spots in the academy from 12 to 20.
    Last time I looked the under 20's were down to 7 teams. Wests and Cott gone. Arks battling but at least they are still turning up given their results. 5 competitive teams with two more making up the numbers. Not exactly a competive and developing age group is it?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forceable View Post
    Last time I looked the under 20's were down to 7 teams. Wests and Cott gone. Arks battling but at least they are still turning up given their results. 5 competitive teams with two more making up the numbers. Not exactly a competive and developing age group is it?
    Where have i said this years U/20s are the most competitive competition WA has ever had? All ive said is between the 18s and 20s we have had the largest number of colts teams i can remember for at least 10 years. Ive said nothing about forfeits or standards of play because i know how dynamically these grades can change.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Ok sorry mate. I did not factor in the under 18's who for some strange reason are included in the Juniors. Now, we know why the under 20's does not have a lot of numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2