Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaguares v Force

vCash
    I trust that our coach has a plan in mind which he hopes that the guys that he has picked will execute; I also believe that his plan does not necessitate a natural #7. Hopefully the players have better faith in the coaching staff than some of us on this forum. A lot of us are criticising with limited information apart from what comes out in the open. Let's support the team and criticise after the game if we end up having a shocker. Go the Force!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In Dave I trust.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Calm down fellas, Dave has demonsrated he is a thinking coach....he has a plan

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Update: Hodgo was ruled out with ankle injury, Taf rested due to having played every game including Brisbane 10's

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Update: Hodgo was ruled out with ankle injury, Taf rested due to having played every game including Brisbane 10's
    from the west
    Coach Dave Wessels has rested top tackler Hodgson after he injured his ankle in the disappointing loss to the Sharks in Durban last weekend,
    Polota-Nau, who has played every game this year, is rested as part of Wessels’ rotation policy.
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88473541z

vCash
    Wouldn't it be good IF we actually got the truth about injuries rather than what we're handed out on a regular basis.

Hodgo's ankle was good enough for him to train with the squad all week.

Do you remember the rubbish which was issued about McCalman's broken thumb AND then his recurring fractured scapula (which was talked about as a shoulder problem)?

Lack of information, mis-information or lies - we deserve more........

And please, this is a FORUM i.e. "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be EXCHANGED".

We should NEVER be happy with group think or censorship when some matters can't be talked about as that just leads us down the road to ruin.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    A lot of you trusted Foley as well and that got us long way

vCash
    I think it is more of a case of trying to keep other teams guessing than deliberately holding information from fans re injuiries..plus the fickle nature of rehab.

I am very concerned re McCalman and his shoulder injury though. Kind of seems undefined and Dr's seem as to a bit of a loss as to how to treat it properly. the sought of injury that hangs around and permanently crocks players...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Senior Player
    vCash
    I like Davo our coach. Understated, doesn't say too much. I think his selections have been great. He's got a brain full of good ideas.

Only empty Wessels make the most noise.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    A lot of you trusted Foley as well and that got us long way
    I think thats stretching it a bit SJC

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Rookie
    vCash
    I think Wessells has a tough job managing the workloads of players like TPN and Hodgo.
    They are only human and we wish they could play 80 minutes every game.
    There are a few winnable games to go and sometimes you have to see the bigger picture.
    Wouldn't be much good if they were unavailable for the rest of the season due to fatigue related injuries.

It does give other players a chance to prove themselves and I like that RH gets a chance to start.

We are certainly going for height and some boof. The bench looks pretty good for some late game injection.
    Surprised we have Peter Grant starting but no Burton in the 22. Is Burton injured?

Again no information on injuries. It's the most frustrating lack of information from head office. It would have been an opportune time to inject Robbie Coleman but no news is bad news on the injury front.

Highlanders and Reds are both winnable games if we have 22 fit players available.

vCash
    Bearing in mind that Hodgo indicated he wanted to step back more from the playing side, this season is the opportunity for new guys to get their game time. This was all said at the beginning of the season, unfortunately due to injuries its made things a lot harder. But I also feel that sometimes the team relies on Hodgo to be carrying the majority of the work in the game. Likewise with TPN. The team have to step up each week and take responsibility and learn even with those 'dumb' mistakes that occur. As mentioned, they did well without Hodgo at the start. However lack of info/communication gets frustrating - whatever happened to those regular meetings at HQ which seemed to do well?

Champion
    vCash
    At least Wessels has recognized a couple of things. 1 - Super Rugby is about building squad depth. As we can see by our injury list, Super Rugby is as much attritional as it is brutal. Squad depth is a must in Super Rugby and giving them all experience is essential for moving forward.
    2 - Our try scoring has dried up as our gainline success has reduced. We need to get back to a performance from our piggies like the first 40mins against the Blues. Brutal carries, getting over the gainline and laying the platform for our backs to work off. The last couple of games we have struggled to have impact after 5 or 6 phases or look lost for ideas after 5 or 6 phases. Having the extra boppers to truck it up the guts gives us a simple but effective option if we keep getting lost after multiphase to reorganize and to set up from.
    3 - Argentina is a helluva long road trip and we will be welcomed by a big Argentine forward pack who will look to grind us out of the game. We are gonna fight fire with fire.

All 3 things are things Foley never really planned for. Foley was insistent on doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Someone must have forgotten to tell Hodgo about his ankle injury on his twitter post then.

Player
    vCash
    It's a 6-2 bench with some big and dynamic boppers to come on in the second half to hopefully continue the momentum and keep getting front foot ball for the backs for the full 80.
    There is only two spots for backs so who are you going to take off at 60 mins? Jono? I don't think so. It will be Prior, hence Mitch Short who has proven himself a pretty handy player. Vertiy-Amm is the same as Mitch, pretty handy and exciting to watch and develop and he can probably cover back three (not sure on fullback but Jono maybe able to fill in there if required and Prior moves to 10. So basically there is no room for Burton.

With the back row chosen I think the game plan will be about hard running from the forwards to open up the defense for the backs. Doesn't seem like an attritional\grinding game plan team. I think we will see similar playing style to the Tah's match, hopefully without the ball dropping.

Without Hodgo the team has done well, we have proven we can play well without him, Heath has proven himself as a more than capable leader. We have experience\leadership from the likes of Grant and Jono. I see it as a positive, and I'm sure Hodgo, does as well that he can jump back on a plane and we aren't left with a hole in the team.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast