Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Jaguares v Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Andrew, re the missed tackles, I would think the Jags offload game is a recipe for missed tackles, so while 25 missed tackles looks bad, it's probably explained to some extent.

I would think that also explains a low dri.
    The game stats are interesting from a number of aspects:
    1. The Jags were reluctant to take the ball into contact. They had 64 rucks v Force's 94.
    2. Kicks from hand about the same.
    3. Force had more Offloads (20) than the Jags (17).
    4. Missed Tackles have been a part of the Force's year to date. Our tackle success is one of the lowest in SR.
    5. ARI's for the Force were well up with strong support for our ball carriers - but not always in response to direct threat from the Jags. 50% of our Attack Rucks had 3 or more in support of the ball carrier.
    6. Clearly the Force's game plan was to NOT over-commit to Defence Rucks. 47% stand-off on Jag rucks also came about as the Jags were moving the ball very quickly. Another 36% of D Rucks only a single involvement. i.e 83% 1 or less involved.
    7. I really enjoyed the passion to make an impact off the bench. There were some top cleanouts from Anaru, Pekahou, Isi & Lewis

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 15-05-17 at 10:01.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Sorry I can't find a way of copying Wayne smith article in the Australian today re the force win but it needs framing -captures everything about the spirit and guts behind the team and our win- note McMahon off to Japan too-
    Too soon for beginning to think we are safe??
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...l=1#post429862

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Did anyone else notice that as Richard Hardwick was reaching over the ruck to put the ball down, he was grabbed around the neck which stopped him short and that's what made him drop the ball. The number of head tackles by the Argies I saw in that game and not picked up by the touchies was ridiculous.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agrugger View Post
    I am very perplexed by the selections as well.
    1,2,3 are ok; probably giving TPN a rest
    4,5 I like
    6,7 I don't like, I still think RHP is better suited at 4,5; and as WM pointed out Havili should be a 6 and I would have had Naisarani at 7 if Hodgo is out
    8 I love finally getting him back in the starting lineup
    9,10,12,13 are the best we have right now
    11,14 Very surprised not to see Verity-Amm starting
    15 Why the hell not

Another thing not mentioned yet that there are only 2 reserve backs (with a combined 4 caps, I think). I hope this works else Wessels has some explaining to do.
    Dear Coach - I'm sorry for questioning your selections. No need to explain. After watching the match, it makes perfect sense how you wanted a big mongrel pack to disrupt the Jags for 80 mins. Please continue to ignore myself and the rest of the us who will be sore for the next 2 weeks from playing 60 mins of Golden Oldies yesterday. GO THE FORCE.

Regards,
    Agrugger

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Did anyone else notice that as Richard Hardwick was reaching over the ruck to put the ball down, he was grabbed around the neck which stopped him short and that's what made him drop the ball. The number of head tackles by the Argies I saw in that game and not picked up by the touchies was ridiculous.
    Head tackles are being ignored this season (unless the victim plays for one of the protected, "premium" teams)

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Great effort from the boys.

Whilst Prior did well to set up the first try I thought he was just so slow to the breakdown and even scooter getting it out.

Limited our attack as it gave the Jags time to set.

When the young Fella Short came on with about 12mins left the difference was noticeable as was it in his first match.

Also Verity-Amm Is a gun

I agree Gaffa. It wasn't until about the 65 mark that he started with the quick distribution and the boys started offloading that our attack picked up momentum and we got the 2 tries. Yes, Short continued when he got in but Prior did start it. It must have been a message from the bench to change our ways. The energy off the bench was the best I've ever seen from the boys.

vCash
    I agree completely but getting used to a blind eye being applied to us. Last week when i think it was Rona who got dumped on his head and rolled over, didnt even get mentioned. I try not to blame the ref (unless its Hoff coz thats just blatant). Happy the boys just got on with it and showed how we are

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I notice from your post you have over half a billion in vCash. That has to be a record!

vCash
    I don't even know where that's from - am a bit clueless on the vcash side thingy here.

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I notice from your post you have over half a billion in vCash. That has to be a record!
    Almost a record!

vCash
    I don't even know where that's from - am a bit clueless on the vcash side thingy here.
    I think you put 10 million on the Force to beat the Jaguares at odds of 50-1! Nice if you could do that in real life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Almost a record!
    Bloody Hell! I only just saw your 629 million! Wonder where Ravi is??

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    From this sort of 'work':

Name:  forcewin.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  45.3 KB

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Bloody Hell! I only just saw your 629 million! Wonder where Ravi is??
    He's not taking my calls anymore.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think you put 10 million on the Force to beat the Jaguares at odds of 50-1! Nice if you could do that in real life.
    I know - and forgot to put my usual bet at Sportsbet. I need to give myself a big uppercut. LOL!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast