Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you calling unsustainable Mr Clyne?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Alison - is it possible to also draw up a graph displaying the monies given per team as per year? Maybe a breakdown comparison of clear unencumbered grants/donations & player payments ie Rebels seem to think the $33mill included player payments or are they separate?
    Something like this? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...g%20Charts.zip

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    They're great Gigs - maybe also showing versus par year, maybe more of a bar graph?

vCash
    I'll do my best on some graphs but I'm not great with that sort of thing. The other problem is that because the ARU didn't move to franchise-by-franchise breakdowns until the 2014 financial year, it is really hard to do any comparisons for the earlier years. The best that can be done for the years 2011 to 2013 is to apply the percentages from 2014-2016 to the gross figures that are reported for 2011 to 2013.

The other point that needs to be made over east is that Andrew Cox is a businessman first, last and always. He may well have given the Rebels a commitment that he won't sell but that's only a verbal commitment and could be rescinded at any time, blaming "unforeseen circumstances" or any manner of other excuses. So, even if the ARU keep them this time, they could be opening themselves up for another multi-million dollar bail out if Cox pulls the pin - just like when the first owner pulled out. What would be the point of culling the Force with that sword of damacles hanging over them? Well, the cynic in me wonders if that is their strategy for the real end game which is to go back to the 3 teams of Super12 days.

I really wish I could get into that EGM next week or, at least, give a detailed background briefing to the person who is going over to represent WA! I do a pretty mean briefing as that's my day job!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Can you just do Table 1 into a graph - just makes it easier for people like me to understand the breakdowns whereas I may as well be looking into a forest! Wish there was a clear breakdown of the 'grants' & player payments to compare the franchises. I've lost track of the original thread you posted the figures. Also hasn't Cox been handed more unsecured payments as part of his deal? Didn't want this to turn into us vs them, but am sick of the arrogant attitude by Rebs fans that they are sacred!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Can you just do Table 1 into a graph - just makes it easier for people like me to understand the breakdowns whereas I may as well be looking into a forest! Wish there was a clear breakdown of the 'grants' & player payments to compare the franchises. I've lost track of the original thread you posted the figures. Also hasn't Cox been handed more unsecured payments as part of his deal? Didn't want this to turn into us vs them, but am sick of the arrogant attitude by Rebs fans that they are sacred!
    Al, get me a copy of table 1 and anything else, ill have it in graph form in minutes

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    guys and gals, if anyone wants to up a bit of an article on this, I'd be happy to publish it on GAGR. Really should shine a light on this.

Doesn't have to be complex. But it's a story worth telling

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Cox just wants to "mediate" on how much the ARU are going to pay him for The Rebels

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyReg View Post
    guys and gals, if anyone wants to up a bit of an article on this, I'd be happy to publish it on GAGR. Really should shine a light on this.

Hi Reg, thanks for that. I have done a very long essay but it needs cutting down! I'm trying to get that done with help from AndrewG and Transiting in time for next week's EGM! Would love to be able to post it on GnGR by Sunday!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Cox just wants to "mediate" on how much the ARU are going to pay him for The Rebels
    You know what; that's one of the things that really confuses me in all this (because I have SFA knowledge of how these things work).
    Given the continual losses the Rebels have made since day one, I fail to see that any damages claim would be worth much. Should it succeed at all. If past history is a reference to potential future earnings, it would be easy to conclude Cox is trying to pull off a major bluff. But like I said, "I know nussink".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyReg View Post

Definitely Reg! We need to be getting this out more public - the Force are copping all the financial blame via Clyne, with no one actually realizing the reality of what the ARU have actually been doing all these years. And in my opinion we need it now before arbitration or even the EGM meeting!

vCash
    Sgt Schazta

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Hi Reg, thanks for that. I have done a very long essay but it needs cutting down! I'm trying to get that done with help from AndrewG and Transiting in time for next week's EGM! Would love to be able to post it on GnGR by Sunday!
    Alison, email sent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Alison, email sent.
    You are an absolute star! Thanks so much. I'll take a closer look tomorrow and see if we can't get it off to Reg before the weekend :-))

GIGS - do you want the tables in Word or PDF format to make the graphs from?

Player
    vCash
    I think getting it to the Roar and GNGR on Sunday night would be best. Then it will be online first thing Monday morning, and it won't get swamped on Sunday with the post Test reviews and articles.

Also its still pretty rough after my machete. Needs some love!

Player
    vCash
    Also getting Hansie on Alan Jones on Monday morning could be a masterstroke. He could highlight some you the financial points the day before the EGM.

Just a thought.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast