Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force v Sharks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I get what you are saying but if our players were a bit smarter they would go 'hey, if he can do it, why can't we?' and use their superior skills to actually make something out of the game. But nope, they don't do that so we look pedestrian. Brache should be used as an example of what you should do, despite the end result.
    I still haven't changed my opinions about him. Love him for his enthusiasm and ticker, but it truly sucks that we have to give him 80 minutes at fullback. Almost as much as it sucks that Peter grant takes the field. The one rough diamond that came out of this week was Mitch short, obviously quite green, but he was pretty lively.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I thought Grant added a lot when he came on.
    Mitch has a nice delivery...pity about his first touch.
    Hope Adam is OK...replaced at half time.
    Lewis was solid.
    Brynard was good.
    Billy Meakes...sweethands....
    Curtis...sorry...looked like a schoolboy out there and the Yellow tho undeserved...cost us...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Tough night out for the guys but I think all the injuries have finally taken their toll. Our handling errors and some poor kicks cost us the game, I think if we had finished more of our opportunities and made a few smarter decisions the game could have been very different. The ref missed a lot of high tackles and neck rolls tonight. Some positives... Naisarani was a work horse tonight. I thought Grant provided some good impact off the bench tonight and I think he needs to start at 15 next week and again Hardwick also provided some great impact off the bench. Also special mention to Carmichael who did pretty well tonight and is improving every game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Waiting for the trytime to come blame the coach.........Tom Fearn can fix it...

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I'm still liking the way they are playing, if only they made a few less errors. It would be nice if a couple of the moves they have tried came off, just to boost their confidence.
    Totally agree there were some points in the game where we were playing some really nice rugby but unfortunately some errors and not so smart decisions didn't help us. I really think we are building towards something special, just need to boost the squad a bit and give our youngsters a bit more experience, I think next year could be a special year.

Player
    vCash
    We thought Rona was close to man of the match for the force. He was taking the ball to the line and leg driving through it. He was available to run onto the ball or act as dummy. The yellow was a dodgy call.

Force man of the match was billy leaked he was a key to a lot of good pay and the first try.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I did t think Rona was offside to get the yellow it was meakes. There was no warning and repeat infringement was the second penalty from a totally different play by the forwards.

Apart from that sweet back line move for our try I didn't see anything that bothered the sharks. Sorry but is jono injured? Or is he in a funk because most of the play seems to be just shovel it on and every once in a while take it to the line and get hammered.

Prior had an shit game as well that knock on 5 meters out hot on attack killed our momentum. Brache is playing to the best of his ability enough said.

The commentary was diabolical that supposed joke about TPNs dad started it and it just didn't end there.

I thought TPN was the worst thrower in Super rugby until Chiliboy performance last night. And not one called for not straight that's an achievement.

To top it all off it looked like some of the boys didn't even want to be there. Out enthused out played and just shocking play.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I thought that was probably our worst performance this season! There just didn't seem to be any spark or ideas out on the park!
    The only good news was that we weren't beaten by 30 points!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Tough night out for the guys but I think all the injuries have finally taken their toll.
    We shouldn't under-estimate the impact of the sabotage by the ARU.

2/3 of the Force player squad is out of contract beyond 2017 with the window of opportunity for Nthn Hemisphere contract rapidly closing. Many of these players are young and new to Super Rugby. This uncertainty would make it tough to maintain focus. The rev-ups only work for so long!

Both the Rebels and the Force have the longest injury lists of Aussie franchises.
    Must be really tough for the Rebels as they have such a young squad - with few old heads to provide a steadying influence.

Thanks for nothing SAANZAR & ARU!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Could have really done us some favours had we turned up. Nothing positive this week, bloody terrible
    Another week, another "brave" loss.

Enough already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    We shouldn't under-estimate the impact of the sabotage by the ARU.

2/3 of the Force player squad is out of contract beyond 2017 with the window of opportunity for Nthn Hemisphere contract rapidly closing. Many of these players are young and new to Super Rugby. This uncertainty would make it tough to maintain focus. The rev-ups only work for so long!

Both the Rebels and the Force have the longest injury lists of Aussie franchises.
    Must be really tough for the Rebels as they have such a young squad - with few old heads to provide a steadying influence.

Thanks for nothing SAANZAR & ARU!
    Just watched the Northampton v Quins game from yesterday. What rugby player wouldn't want to play in the U.K. - the top tier club rugby there is just awesome. And if they can get so much more money for it too, then it really is a no brainer.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    A win would just put a pep in us supporters step and I'm sure help the players confidence but they are up against it with injuries and the threat of no job at the end of the year :-(

vCash
    Biggest issue for me was that we seemed a bit lethargic and really lacked enthusiasm, just didn't seem to be as switched on as we need to be at this level - no idea how much the ARU debacle would be playing into that but it certainly wouldn't help.

Despite a long injury list our team sheet didn't seem that bad to me (acknowledging Marcel instead of DHP is an obvious big one). I reckon that run-on list should have performed better than we did.

Really need to lift our mindset before the next match (IMHO).

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Biggest issue for me was that we seemed a bit lethargic and really lacked enthusiasm, just didn't seem to be as switched on as we need to be at this level - no idea how much the ARU debacle would be playing into that but it certainly wouldn't help.

Despite a long injury list our team sheet didn't seem that bad to me (acknowledging Marcel instead of DHP is an obvious big one). I reckon that run-on list should have performed better than we did.

Really need to lift our mindset before the next match (IMHO).
    carmichael, verity-amm, newsome, brache, vui, short.... that is a very green list of people to have in the list...

vCash
    Let's forget last nights performance - David Wessel's face said it all. All I'd like to remember is Verity-Amm's turn of pace for that try... he's quick!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast