Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I don't understand....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Because someone at the ARU obviously wrote certain clauses in the contract etc etc?
    Who is someone?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Who is someone?
    Well I was going to say "some f**k knuckle" but thought I would censor myself.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    To quote Mr PT Barnum, the celebrated circus impressario, in his discourse on the subject of suckers, "There's one born every minute".

And to paraphrase Mr Kerry Packer, "You only get an ARU once in a lifetime, and I've had mine."
    poor Bondy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    ... How Andrew Cox can ask for $5-$7 Million Dollars for the Melbourne Rebels when it didn't cost him a cent to begin with, nothing like making a $5-$7 Million dollar profit.
    If Cox bought the team in 2015 and it's been costing him $2m a year, then $5-7m makes sense!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If Cox bought the team in 2015 and it's been costing him $2m a year, then $5-7m makes sense!
    But...but...they'll be SAVING him $2m per year until 2020, so it evens out as a nett $0, especially as he "aquired" it for $0

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Look at Alison's figures, the ARU has been pretty much covering the debt

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    ... How Andrew Cox can ask for $5-$7 Million Dollars for the Melbourne Rebels when it didn't cost him a cent to begin with, nothing like making a $5-$7 Million dollar profit.
    Supply & demand.
    All this process has done is up the perceived value of MMRU.
    The imperium group suddenly don't want to sell for the 4.5 they wanted. Because to close this saga down the ARU would be getting off cheay for that initial amount. So they're going to crucify them and get 10+ out of the deal, as the ARU will still see it as the easiest option when weighted against the participation agreement with RWA

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    It is all about earning potential as well. Without the force the rebels stand to earn more (lose less) money if what the ARU have been saying is true. The ARU has pumped up the price for Cox by their statements and plans.

What it looks like:
    1. The ARU culls the Force. RugbyWA takes the ARU to court in a protracted battle that costs the ARU significant coin. The Rebels still sue the ARU for damages relating to the effect of the announcement and not being able to secure talent for next year. This sees the ARU battling on two fronts and high potential losses that significantly effects the game and national body for years to come.
    2. The ARU purchases the Rebels and shuts them down this is expensive. Own the Force purchases the Force License in a not entirely mitigating windfall against the whole scenario. No court action against the ARU is sought.

Both of these options don't take into account some of the biggest factors in my view player development and fan participation.

vCash
    Let's not forget that each team gets a 4 (roughly) million dollar grant from ARU to operate. buying the Reds license for 12m will only use the grant money to 2020. Remembering that over the course of their history, the Rebels have received an average of 5m a year in bailouts, that would point to a potential saving of 15m by the end of the current broadcast deal.

Given the force bailout history and other commitments received, force should be self sustainable so it would save 12m minus legal costs.

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2