Thread: COLEMAN RETURNS FOR SHARKS SHOWDOWN

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

COLEMAN RETURNS FOR SHARKS SHOWDOWN

COLEMAN RETURNS FOR SHARKS SHOWDOWN

The Road Safety Western Force have been given a huge boost with Wallaby lock Adam Coleman named in the starting side to make his long-awaited return from injury against the Sharks in Durban on Saturday night (Kick-off 9:05PM AWST).

Coleman returns from a calf injury suffered against the Reds in Round Two as one of only two changes to the starting XV from Round 10, with Jono Lance returning to the starting side at flyhalf.

Champion hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau is set to play is 150th match of Super Rugby, and will look to continue his fine form on Saturday night.

In the only other change to the 23, Francois van Wyk comes onto the bench replacing the injured Ben Daley.

Road Safety Western Force Head Coach Dave Wessels says the addition of Coleman’s experience is a welcome inclusion ahead of a big clash with the men from Durban.

“We were very disappointed not to win against the Lions. We need to learn to put 80 minutes together if we want to be consistently competitive.”

“It’s great to have Adam back and special to be part of ‘Taf’s’ 150th game. It’s a really fantastic achievement from a guy who has given a lot to Australian rugby. He’s added a huge amount to our group with his physicality and enthusiasm.”

The Road Safety Western Force will kick off against the Sharks at Growthpoint Kings Park Stadium at 9:05PM on Saturday, 6 May.

Road Safety Western Force Team vs Sharks
    1. Pek Cowan
    2. Tatafu Polata Nau
    3. Tetara Faulkner
    4. Ross Haylett-Petty
    5. Adam Coleman
    6. Brynard Stander
    7. Matt Hodgson ©
    8. Isireli Naisarani
    9. Ian Prior
    10. Jono Lance
    11. Alex Newsome
    12. Billy Meakes
    13. Curtis Rona
    14. James Verity - Amm
    15. Marcel Brache

16. Heath Tessmann
    17. Francios Van Wyk
    18. Shambeckler Vui
    19. Lewis Carmichael
    20. Richard Hardwick
    21. Mitchell Short
    22. Luke Burton
    23. Peter Grant

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Love the look of that team and so glad that we have Adam back. I believe that we have a good chance at winning that game against the Sharks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Some good news for us! Come on Force, some more points would be a wonderfully thing!!

vCash
    Still not loving brache at full back. Grant looked decent there last week, and would at least give us a kicking option

vCash
    about time Coleman was back on the team sheet. team looks so much better with him in it. Van Wyk is another one with a terrible run of injuries so hope he puts in a good shift. congrats TPN on your milestone

the shorks have been average. we can do em. force by 2 tries.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    team sheet looks good great to see Adam back especially with the tests coming up congrats TPN Force by the length of the straight

vCash
    With the number of blokes on the injury list, that is still a pretty good squad. Here's hoping.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Kudos to TPN on his 150th. Have really admired his attitude since he joined the Force, and how he's playing now has been fantastic-defo miles ahead of Moore, am loving him for it! Surely if the Rebels strung out a dismal draw with the Sharks the Force can get a positive win?!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Agree with all its great to see the big boy back, as a side can anyone tell me what's happening with the other Coleman ...Robbie?

vCash
    I can only go with what iv read on here, but from that source the general consensus is "eating all the pies"

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Agree with all its great to see the big boy back, as a side can anyone tell me what's happening with the other Coleman ...Robbie?
    Roo Dogs took a bite out of him apparently when playing for Joondalup

vCash
    It's not a vastly different team to the one which faced the Lions; lost one Wallaby (Daley) and gained Coleman. But suddenly the team feels much better balanced.

I thought Carmichael did really well against the Lions, and Brache did well for (I think) his first action at full-back.

Is Carmichael staying for the rest of the season, or only while we had our horror run of injuries? (Which at lock isn't over, we only have Coleman and RHP.)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Still not loving brache at full back. Grant looked decent there last week, and would at least give us a kicking option
    I'm surprised Brache passed the concussion test with the knock he took last week. I think Grant's defense is worrisome at 15 which is why Brache gets the nod.

Only change I would have like to see is Hardwick at 8 and Naisarani at 6 with Stander coming off the bench.

And I'm surprised not to see Masirewa in the 23 but instead we have 2 10s as reserve for the 2nd straight week?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Is Carmichael staying for the rest of the season, or only while we had our horror run of injuries? (Which at lock isn't over, we only have Coleman and RHP.)
    I would say we need him for the rest of the season as Philips injury looks very bad and Matwijow is out for the whole season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    It's not a vastly different team to the one which faced the Lions; lost one Wallaby (Daley) and gained Coleman. But suddenly the team feels much better balanced.

I thought Carmichael did really well against the Lions, and Brache did well for (I think) his first action at full-back.

I believe that Lewis has been here and will stay on as part of a player development program so hopefully he can help out until seasons end.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”