Thread: Time for the whole ARU Board & Exec to go NOW

vCash

Time for the whole ARU Board & Exec to go NOW

If this has come from the board and/or the exec, all stakeholders need to pull the rug out and kick them to the kerb.

The Rebels owner has WELCOMED the idea yet the deaf dumb and blind dinos at ARU head quarters still not willing to consider the best option?

Backs my earlier point - the only reason the ARU "can" drop a side is because the broadcast will keep paying the same fees for 4 teams as it does for 5 on the provision the team that goes is the Force.

They are managing the game not for the good of rugby but the best outcome for someone else.

Sack them all.

ARU spokesman rejects Brumbies-Rebels Super Rugby merger
    by WARREN BARNSLEY, AAP

AUSTRALIAN Rugby Union is holding firm on safeguarding the Brumbies amid calls to merge the club with Melbourne Rebels as part of a Super Rugby downsizing.

Rebels boss Andrew Cox has welcomed discussion of the idea, raised by former Wallabies coach John Connolly who has backed the vulnerable Western Force to remain in the competition.

But an ARU spokesman said there had been no change in its position that the Brumbies were excluded from discussions around axing an Australian team.

An ARU spokesman has rejected the idea of a merger between the Brumbies and Rebels.

Both the Rebels and Force have insisted the ARU has no legal right to remove them following governing body SANZAAR’s decision to reduce Super Rugby by three teams, including two from South Africa.

Connolly, who also coached the Queensland Reds during a successful period in the 1990s, told News Corp Australia the ACT-based Brumbies were fortunate to survive the axe.

His merger proposal would see the “Melbourne Brumbies” split their home games between the locations, while the Force’s ability to produce homegrown talent entitled them a place in the competition.

Cox told News Corp no discussions with the Brumbies had taken place regarding a merger.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/ar...1268918a7d5698

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Why would Clyne entertain this when he clearly is a Victorian Rugby Supporter in the first instance being his home town. You can't tell me that these guys are acting in the best interests of the Union. When it all boils down the ARU board is still having it's strings pulled by NSWRU and QRU who hold the votes (and surprise surprise get the money!)

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

vCash
    With you 100% there S&C 👍🏼

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Alison we had this discussion a few yrs back and snob ( I think it was ) and got told to take our tinfoil hats off.. The NSWRU and QLDRU are worried that the threat of the force becoming a real contender to top the conference.. Our development programs are the best and the results on local player numbers are great...

vCash
    Now that I've hit retirement age I must be getting skeptical. could you imagine in my tin foil hat me telling you that NSW/QLD wait for the mungos to develop key players and then they throw money at code switching. Who needs development squads when you can do this. Same as melbourne. throw the possible Super rugby contenders down there so they can come home to mum on the weekends

It's obvious to everybody at every business skill level that this clown in Melbourne is not going to keep his ego running to the tune of a 2 mill loss per year with no results. He is waiting for the guaranteed marketing bump from a few wallabies and key players from the Force picked over carcass once the ARU hatchet men do their job. Afterall this is what the cronies promised him. Then somehow he will blame the ARU/NRL/AFL and then another rescue package EXACTLY the same as the Force one will come along and Clyney will protect his mexicans for the sake of a few good old boys who moved down from Sydney for business in the days when Randwick ruled the world.

And at the same time QLDRU will just sit back quietly and take the ARU cash to keep NRL from gaining a strong foothold in the bowter hat wearing schools of inner Brisbane

Mork calling Orson ... come in Orson ...

Sweetener from ARU

1. No more Force
    2. Keep your academy as you have proven you can develop home grown talent
    3. Keep the Perth Spirit as you prove you are competitive with Grade players

Outcome:

1. Future force South Africans all go home or east making the academy no longer viable
    2. 3-4 key force players get starting 15 contracts
    3. the rest are checking with the club which travel agent is a sponsor as they jet off
    4. Exciting grade players from UK/NZ/everywhere else no longer come as they want to get noticed by Super 15 and this was a good spot.
    5. Prem Grade rugby reduces as the sponsors realise it's no more fun owning their own team from the sidelines.
    6. Nothing happens to junior rugby .. it cranks along as always more or less unaffected as the force never really had the money to get serious about development (but tried hard with the limited drachmas they have)
    7. Foxtel replaces the Force with the Pirates and it's business as usual for television

I think this musical was written a fair while ago.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack & crac View Post
    Now that I've hit retirement age I must be getting skeptical. could you imagine in my tin foil hat me telling you that NSW/QLD wait for the mungos to develop key players and then they throw money at code switching. Who needs development squads when you can do this. Same as melbourne. throw the possible Super rugby contenders down there so they can come home to mum on the weekends

It's obvious to everybody at every business skill level that this clown in Melbourne is not going to keep his ego running to the tune of a 2 mill loss per year with no results. He is waiting for the guaranteed marketing bump from a few wallabies and key players from the Force picked over carcass once the ARU hatchet men do their job. Afterall this is what the cronies promised him. Then somehow he will blame the ARU/NRL/AFL and then another rescue package EXACTLY the same as the Force one will come along and Clyney will protect his mexicans for the sake of a few good old boys who moved down from Sydney for business in the days when Randwick ruled the world.

And at the same time QLDRU will just sit back quietly and take the ARU cash to keep NRL from gaining a strong foothold in the bowter hat wearing schools of inner Brisbane

Sweetener from ARU

1. No more Force

Outcome:

1. Future force South Africans all go home or east making the academy no longer viable
    3. the rest are checking with the club which travel agent is a sponsor as they jet off
    4. Exciting grade players from UK/NZ/everywhere else no longer come as they want to get noticed by Super 15 and this was a good spot.
    5. Prem Grade rugby reduces as the sponsors realise it's no more fun owning their own team from the sidelines.
    6. Nothing happens to junior rugby .. it cranks along as always more or less unaffected as the force never really had the money to get serious about development (but tried hard with the limited drachmas they have)
    7. Foxtel replaces the Force with the Pirates and it's business as usual for television

So now I want to slash my wrists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack & crac View Post

Sweetener from ARU

1. No more Force

Outcome:

Fox are one of the main opposers to a WA NRL side for the same reasons they want the Force gone - costs them too much for too little ratings.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Remember what WA is - the THIRD highest participation state for Rugby Union.

Last edited by LMSC; 27-04-17 at 21:26.

Player
    vCash
    not hard to top aussie conference. finish higher than tenth and get rewarded for being middle of the road.