Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Force v Lions, 2017

vCash
    Constructive trytime.

Brache did well in fullback considering he has never been seriously considered for the role.

Newsmen is green, but shows potential and as for the wallabies in the pack, lions were playing silly buggers in the scrum all night, I called them scared of the contest, but they played the ref brilliantly.

At the end of the day, this team hasn't been belted this year, despite having played some of the best teams in the comp, won the ones we should have (how long has it been since we can say that) and are currently playing with injuries in every position other than centres and front row.

When you take that into account, we can't complain too much

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It's all about playing a strategic game, Val. Kick long, tie the opposition up in their own half and play for the turnover or penalty as they get frustrated and desperate.

It only works when your kick hits grass, goes out correctly or has a chase arriving to pressure the catcher.

Many of our kicks had none of those and we ended up in pretty much the same place without possession. It would have been better in most cases to pick n drive, gain a metre and get turned over, because at least we would have gained a metre
    Agreed. I think Meakesy understood this too .What I like about him most is his rugby brain. On more than one occasion he picked and drove from the base, even as a back.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    And by no means am I bagging Hodgos playing abilities. I still reckon Heath should be skipper and let Hodgo run rampant without the pressure. 1 try scored in the last 2 games is not gonna cut the mustard.
    Tessmann can throw, and Polota Nau can scrummage. But our scrum loses power when Heath comes on.

Solution 1 - more throwing practice and less guitar practice for Tatafu (which coach hasn't said that I wonder?)

Solution 2 - give Anaru Rangi a go.

Solution 3 - give captaincy to Billy Meakes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Does any other team have a 7.55 pm kick off! Seriously awful time for families.
    Yes, or similar. The Chiefs - Sunwolves was 7.35 pm, the Reds - Tahs was 7.45 pm and our was 7.55 pm. We all have 2 hours time difference between, so all the games kicked off in the evening.

The question is why were all the games in the evening rather than late afternoon (5.35 pm, 5.45 pm & 5.55 pm)? I'd imagine that could be due to TV schedules.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    'd imagine that could be due to TV schedules.
    Bingo.

vCash
    Curtis has also played really well so far, he's a strong tackler IMO, but we could've done with a hard running wing, or a better link up with 2 outside like Newsome & Curtis. I think I've been expecting more line breaks from Curtis, but he does seem to get targeted as much as Dane. Had to love seeing TPN having a good run on the wing at one stage- who'd a thought! Reckon he'd be a great Captain too to take the pressure off Hodgo. Hodgo looked a lot happier the first few games when he didn't have it all on his shoulders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Curtis has also played really well so far, he's a strong tackler IMO, but we could've done with a hard running wing, or a better link up with 2 outside like Newsome & Curtis. I think I've been expecting more line breaks from Curtis, but he does seem to get targeted as much as Dane. Had to love seeing TPN having a good run on the wing at one stage- who'd a thought! Reckon he'd be a great Captain too to take the pressure off Hodgo. Hodgo looked a lot happier the first few games when he didn't have it all on his shoulders.
    Matt Hodgson is the real heart of this team. There is no other player to lead them. He has been there from the beginning and leads like a champion every week.

Player
    vCash
    The boys need to back themselves and go for trys. They started doing it at the start if the year but seem to have backed off on that.

But the way they kept it upto the lions, and with a few more tweaks to their game, I think they will win against the sharks and the jags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    Matt Hodgson is the real heart of this team. There is no other player to lead them. He has been there from the beginning and leads like a champion every week.
    I didn't say he isn't the heart of the team, am merely pointing out that from his request at the beginning of the season he wanted to take a back step and have Benny Mac/Heath carry the load. Last season was a big ask for him, and not having to worry about captaincy earlier, he seemed to be happier and had just as much impact but enjoying the game more. I believe we are pretty lucky in the calibre of the Force that we have so many who can easily take on leadership, not the same can be said for the other franchises who are seem to struggle having a true leader. So calm your farm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    The boys need to back themselves and go for trys. They started doing it at the start if the year but seem to have backed off on that.

But the way they kept it upto the lions, and with a few more tweaks to their game, I think they will win against the sharks and the jags.
    They do seem to have had their confidence shaken a bit in the try line end of the field. Certainly do need to back themselves more and just have a go- just enjoy their game!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Too many times when they had a sniff, the backline didn't align, nor did they drive it up the guts when there was weakness, they can't really play off the cuff what's in front of them; they always wait at the ruck to set up for the next phase, rather than quickly picking up the ball and either rampaging forward, picking and driving or shuffling it to space. Even when they turnover possession, the kick-covering players aren't quickly joining the line and sniffing out the opportunity.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I didn't say he isn't the heart of the team, am merely pointing out that from his request at the beginning of the season he wanted to take a back step and have Benny Mac/Heath carry the load. Last season was a big ask for him, and not having to worry about captaincy earlier, he seemed to be happier and had just as much impact but enjoying the game more. I believe we are pretty lucky in the calibre of the Force that we have so many who can easily take on leadership, not the same can be said for the other franchises who are seem to struggle having a true leader. So calm your farm!
    Thanks for the advice Tiger though no need - I am perfectly calm. I am puzzled that you seem to be putting Heath Tessman in the same league as Matt Hodgson when it comes to leadership. Sounds to me like the roos are loose in your top paddock!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    Thanks for the advice Tiger though no need - I am perfectly calm. I am puzzled that you seem to be putting Heath Tessman in the same league as Matt Hodgson when it comes to leadership. Sounds to me like the roos are loose in your top paddock!
    Maybe the cows are are running rampant down the creek - who gives a F### Why don't you have a little think before you make a post here in the next 14 years. Members here actually don't need lessons on supporting the Force.

vCash
    Maybe the cows are are running rampant down the creek - who gives a F### Why don't you have a little think before you make a post here in the next 14 years. Members here actually don't need lessons on supporting the Force.
    I wasn't giving advice to anyone you w..ker, I was expressing an opinion and responding to your churlishness, which seems to be escalating. Now who needs to calm the farm?

vCash
    *grabs the popcorn*

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast