Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Force v Lions, 2017

Senior Player
    vCash
    BLR it's not about gumption the boys had a Barry and lost. A loss that shouldn't have happened with 15 to go. I know we've got injuries etc. But we've gotta take those chances. I also commented to people last night that Hodgo is to conservative. We keep taking our foot off their throats by kicking goals. For god sake take a risk go for the try. And before you all pipe up and say our line outs weren't flash well you are allowed to tap the ball and run hence taking a shaky set piece out of the equation. Goal kicks don't attract positive feedback from joe public nor do they help to attract more people to games. The players have to take some responsibility as well after all they are fighting for their lives!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    And by no means am I bagging Hodgos playing abilities. I still reckon Heath should be skipper and let Hodgo run rampant without the pressure. 1 try scored in the last 2 games is not gonna cut the mustard.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Turnout was 7351 according to ABC.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    You guys understand the reason we are where we are is this non supporting bullshit....... Have some god damn gumption.
    Just watched the replay. Don't feel much different. Guess what- the game was still there to be won and we still kicked possession away. I know the situation the team is in. So does the coach. Both of us have had enough of brave losses. Both will be at the next home game too.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    But what really galls is that though we may be losing, we are not losing by anywhere near as big a margin as the Rebels are against similar calibre opposition.

Once again I ask the ARU, why is WA the one that has to take the bullet when WA is not in any way responsible for the situation the ARU has got itself into?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    But what really galls is that though we may be losing, we are not losing by anywhere near as big a margin as the Rebels are against similar calibre opposition.
    We now have a coach who has attracted some good new players and implemented a winning playing style. Yet, at crucial times, some are reverting to a losing strategy. With the Rebels getting handed another thrashing it was a golden opportunity against a top line opponent, to make a big statement - in the PR stakes if nothing else.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    With the Rebels getting handed another thrashing it was a golden opportunity against a top line opponent, to make a big statement - in the PR stakes if nothing else.
    Yeah totally agree Shasta... would have been huge

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Regarding the officiating in both the Reds/Tahs and Force/Lions - well, all I have to say is that it just wouldn't do to have "the pride of Australian rugby" sitting below the sacrificial goat in the Australian conference now, would it?

vCash
    Just watched the replay. Don't feel much different. Guess what- the game was still there to be won and we still kicked possession away. I know the situation the team is in. So does the coach. Both of us have had enough of brave losses. Both will be at the next home game too.
    For soooooooo long now, the kicking away possession drives me insane! I'm no expert at rugby, so can anyone explain it to me-like Wessels or the coaches?

vCash
    It's all about playing a strategic game, Val. Kick long, tie the opposition up in their own half and play for the turnover or penalty as they get frustrated and desperate.

It only works when your kick hits grass, goes out correctly or has a chase arriving to pressure the catcher.

Many of our kicks had none of those and we ended up in pretty much the same place without possession. It would have been better in most cases to pick n drive, gain a metre and get turned over, because at least we would have gained a metre

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    You guys understand the reason we are where we are is this non supporting bullshit...
    Sorry BLR, have to disagree. The commentators in the East routinely refer to the Force's astonishing support, mostly because they can't understand how it still exists given so little to work with. We are not where we are because there isn't support, we are where we are because our team has never fired a serious shot in 12 years of the competition...two wins ten years ago are all it really took to make the Brumbies safe. And because well over six years of being brave but never either getting the result or changing tactics has driven away so many fans, corporates and sponsors. A few finals appearances and a clean financial record and we'd be in a very different place when defending the Force's inclusion.

So without those things, we are left with promoting the idea that the Force has new players, new coaching and a bright future. So to see that style of play reappear now, just when (as you observe) there is so much going on and so much on the line - well, words fail...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    With the Rebels getting handed another thrashing it was a golden opportunity against a top line opponent, to make a big statement - in the PR stakes if nothing else.
    A Tahs loss to the Reds and a Force win over the Lions would have been just too delicious a scenario to contemplate, so close yet so far in both cases.

Champion
    vCash
    Does any other team have a 7.55 pm kick off! Seriously awful time for families. Feels like everywhere you look we have obstacles! Huge injury toll, crap game times, rough schedule with 3 home games against New Zealand teams! Just feeling a bit despondent today 🙁

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    For soooooooo long now, the kicking away possession drives me insane! I'm no expert at rugby, so can anyone explain it to me-like Wessels or the coaches?
    Keep the same coach who was with Foley, get the same results with better players.
    1 try in 160 mins. So much for our new much vaunted attack. The chiefs kicked for goal last week coz they knew the force couldn't score tries and they were too buggered to score themselves.
    All the force are is a nuisance during these games. When opposition sides put foot to the pedal they blow them away and score with ease.
    Force had 4 wallabies in their pack, 2 midfield backs that are supposedly in wallaby frame, and still nothing. Brache a fullback ..pleeeeease! How many times has Newsome been caught out in defence.
    As with these future force guys, they have all been developed elsewhere, they come here and then are taught force ways! Which is.....?
    The good news for the force this week is that the rebels were belted! Force will win that game you would hope.
    A solution could be in the month off, is to send them all to their WA clubs and play, they may win with fun and enjoy the camaraderie of clubland. Great for crowds and clubs coffers.
    Tho ,Heard Wessels doesn't support clubland, apparently the clubs are lucky they get players playing now! So there goes that idea.

vCash
    Don't feed the troll.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast