Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Great Australian Rugby Furphy

Player
    vCash
    Dear Alison
    I think you have led the "people power" response from TWF and the WA Rugby public outstandingly well and with consummate good grace. Thank you for everything you have done so far and thanks for what you will do going forward from here.
    The RugbyWA Administration is "hog tied" presently eg Mr Sinderberry is an ARU employee and reports to former Rebels CEO Rob Clarke, the ARU COO. This arrangement clearly affects the RugbyWA Boards ability to carry the fight to the ARU. I think this means that the "people power" movement that you have established is vital.
    Stay strong and thanks again!!!

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Don't forget Longbottom
    Is he still an Aussie? Or has he switched over to the scum?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Is he still an Aussie? Or has he switched over to the scum?
    Eligible until capped, yes he's totally an Aussie

I'm sure he would happily return to Australia if his chances of being overlooked reduce.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

I'm sure he would happily return to Australia if his chances of being overlooked reduce.
    If he gets offered a contract with the Tahs..?

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash

When he went to the UK he contacted the Wallabies coach at the time (Ewan McKenzie, I presume, or his forwards coach) and told them about the offer from Saracens, but that he'd stay if he was in the reckoning for the Wallabies. He was prepared to forgo a significant pay raise for the Wallaby jersey.

He's had a better season at Sale - played 20 games so he's over his horrific injury-ravaged time at Saracens, but I think he's mainly off the bench as the Sale website says he's only played 516 minutes (and a fortnight ago his first try!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Dear Alison
    I think you have led the "people power" response from TWF and the WA Rugby public outstandingly well and with consummate good grace. Thank you for everything you have done so far and thanks for what you will do going forward from here.
    The RugbyWA Administration is "hog tied" presently eg Mr Sinderberry is an ARU employee and reports to former Rebels CEO Rob Clarke, the ARU COO. This arrangement clearly affects the RugbyWA Boards ability to carry the fight to the ARU. I think this means that the "people power" movement that you have established is vital.
    Stay strong and thanks again!!!
    Thanks PBS. I couldn't do it without the support of all you guys on here and in the great big sea of blue out there.

I have been a bit sidetracked with family issues this week (both parents have severe dementia and are at the stage where permanent residential care is needed very soon) so I haven't been able to quite finish the work on the ARU accounts yet. Will have it all done by this weekend though and will do a covering article to spam the journos' in-boxes with!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Hello again Alison
    Keep up the good work.
    I have not looked at the ARU accounts. To help answer Gerry's question..... Have a look in the current liabilities. I would suggest that in the notes about unearned revenue there should be a breakdown of pre purchased Force memberships. The cash assets might have a breakdown but may be more difficult analyse. Also the accounts to 31 December will not include memberships purchased post 1 January. Gerry's question will only be partially answered by analysis of the 2016 accounts.
    Again.... Keep up the sensational work and look after those close to you kindly. 🙂

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Burgs, do you have any idea on the numbers of Aussie union players who have switched over to RL? Guys like Cronk for example. I wonder if there's another XV's worth there? Or at least, a group of backs.

Champion
    vCash
    The RugbyWA Administration is "hog tied" presently eg Mr Sinderberry is an ARU employee and reports to former Rebels CEO Rob Clarke, the ARU COO. [B]This arrangement clearly affects the RugbyWA Boards ability to carry the fight to the ARU.

I greatly concur with your sentiments about the fabulous work Alison has done.
    However I have to disagree with the comment I have marked. Sure Sinderberry is in an awkward position but not once have I heard or read of him backing down to take the fight to the ARU.
    The board have issued a writ against the ARU, they have kept us informed about the things they found in the so-called business plan and Hans has shouted from the rooftops - or at least Alan Jones' beams.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I heard a rumour that the Force is out recruiting again for next season ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I heard a rumour that the Force is out recruiting again for next season ....
    But there has been a freeze on contracts for all non-wallabies. That's why I thought nobody but the Waratahs would be doing any recruitment

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I suspect someone's given the Force a nudge and a wink.

I hope, whoever it was, wasn't the same guy who gave them to the Rebels.

vCash
    But there has been a freeze on contracts for all non-wallabies. That's why I thought nobody but the Waratahs Reds and Brumbies would be doing any recruitment
    Fixed it forya at no charge

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4