Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force coach Dave Wessels reveals rival clubs are trying to poach his players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    And being restrained unfairly while the ARU knowingly turning a blind eye to those clubs ignoring the contract freeze.

Add this corporate vandalism to the pile, Governor McCusker.
    While everything you say is true Ham, I wouldn't worry.

Dave Wessels appears to be capable of turning Pindan Premier players, Saffer schoolboys and Shute Shield cast-offs into competitive Super Rugby players, it'll just take a year or two to build our team back up if it gets pillaged by the Tahs.

After a lifetime of coaches who take great potential and turn it into shit (Like the disaster that Mike Foley wreaked on Kyle Godwin) it's really heartening to see the things that Dave can make happen with blokes like Ryan Louwrens (who was part time at best before the end of last year) Alex Newsome (Nobody until he took the field for us) Verity-Amm (Basically still in short pants) and Mitch Short (Not contracted by any of the 5 franchises at the start of the season)

If you think it's just the backs, think about Onehunga Havili (Isi Nasairani, but not from New South Wales. Jermaine Ainsley (how soft was he a couple of years ago, now he's our first choice) Brynard Stander (Fringe player last year, now fights his way genuinely into an extremely good back row) Ross Haylett-Petty (remember how much he used to drop the footy)

I'm happy for us to continue to be the place where unfashionable rejects come and get turned into the players that Australia needs playing rugby. It's obvious that NSW and Qld have no idea how to do it! Along the way, we'll build a bloody good team that doesn't get broken by the Wallabies!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    April 21, 2017 2:22pm|
    by Justin Chadwick, AAP|
    Source: FOX SPORTS

WESTERN Force coach Dave Wessels has revealed a number of his players have already been approached to join rival sides but he hopes they will resist the temptation to jump ship despite the uncertain future of the Super Rugby franchise.

The Force and Rebels are in a two-way battle for survival after the Australian Rugby Union confirmed it would axe one of the sides in a reduced 15-team competition.

With both franchises now threatening legal action against the ARU, the saga doesn’t appear likely to end any time soon.

The Force and Rebels are unable to re-sign any of their non-Wallabies players until a decision on their future is made, leaving them vulnerable to raids from rival sides both domestically and abroad.

Force winger Luke Morahan has already signed on with English side Bristol for next season, while a host of other Force players are also being targeted.

Wessels hopes they will hold off on signing elsewhere.

“All the players I’ve spoken to want to stay,” Wessels said ahead of Saturday night’s clash with the Chiefs in Perth.

“But I also understand they have families and different things that need to be taken care of.

“So what we’ve said is let’s just be honest with each other about those things.

“And some of the players have come and sat with me and said they’ve been approached by other teams and they’re talking to them; but with a view that they want to stay with us.

“We just keep playing the ball that’s delivered to us. I’m not really sure how it’s going to pan out.

“But certainly the sooner things get resolved, the better from that perspective.”

Wessels admits the ongoing saga has been a distraction for his group although he and his players have been blown away by the support shown by the WA public.

“I’ve seen some photos overnight of fans making big banners. It’s pretty special,” Wessels said.

“Their response has really galvanised the players.”

The Force kept their slim finals hopes alive with a win over the Kings before last week’s bye.

And they’ll be aiming to cause a major boilover when they take on the powerful Chiefs at nib Stadium.

They’ll have to do it without a host of big names, however, with star winger Chance Peni and skipper Ben McCalman the latest to join the Force’s bulging injury list.

Peni is set to miss the rest of the season after rupturing his groin, while McCalman will miss at least one game after suffering suspected nerve damage in his shoulder.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/fo...68b6641a3c40c7

Pandaram's rubbish is old news!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    his articles should have a home in Womens Day not in the Sports News Section... or maybe they should have a "gossip" section just for him... At least Grumbles had the temerity to put gossip up as "rumours" this guy is just an Anti Force Troll.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    GIGS...don't forget Brache who has played his best ever 2 games for the Force in the past few games from full back.
    Last Friday night he was an asset and danger to the opposition. Didn't think I would ever say that of the great team man but perennial dropper of the ball.
    Wessels influence.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Not sure why you're addressing your comments to me pj, but I'll bite anyway.

Marcel has been enthusiastic and hard-working wherever he's been Placed, that hasn't changed since he has played fullback. He's also looked a little less out of his depth.

At this moment, with mozzarella looking like he's got one foot on the plane, Marcel is looking more like a genuine option.

But the canes will be a massive test and I still wish Dane was available.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    He is! You got your wish GIGS.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

But the canes will be a massive test and I still wish Dane was available.

Wessells just said on the Webstream that DHP will be playing this week.

Lots coming back for Rebels game...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Wessells just said on the Webstream that DHP will be playing this week.

Lots coming back for Rebels game...
    Would be great to see Gus back on the field! Still no Kane, is he still injured or are there guys in front?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Wessells just said on the Webstream that DHP will be playing this week. Lots coming back for Rebels game...
    Cool, Marcel to the bench as the utility man?

C'mon the

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3