Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Western force vs Chiefs 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I'm sure Alison will have a word with one of her contacts and hopefully it can be more prominent at the next game!
    As has been suggested, I'd like to see it float across the sea of blue in the eastern stand

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    Yp, hopefully we will never get him again....
    As a cliche ..be careful what you wish for ......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    As has been suggested, I'd like to see it float across the sea of blue in the eastern stand
    Will talk to Jess tomorrow about whether we can have it at the stadium again next week and, if so, whether we can have it located in a place where it can actually be seen!! It's been suggested to me that maybe behind the goal posts at the southern end. Good idea about the eastern stand though too from Andrew.

Can you guys let me know today where you would most like to see it and I'll feed that back to Jess tomorrow.

Gus Cotterrell asked what we were going to do with it during the week and suggested that we see if we can have it displayed on the outside of the RWA HQ building in Perry Lakes. If the ARU stooges are coming to meet with the RWA Board on Thursday, that may be a really good idea!! Not sure how the Board would feel about that though. Certainly Mark Sinderberry may not want to be associated with anything that could be considered rabble rousing from the western colonies!

Hansie & General - could you maybe advise us on the Perry Lakes idea and also on the location for the banner at next week's game?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Can it be hung from the advertising section on the eastern stand (https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...tern-stand.jpg) without getting too much in the way?

If not there, then either side of the standing room stand.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    How about under the big screen on opposite where we sit Ali!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    If the banner is on the east side it's more likely to be picked up by the cameras which are in the west stand

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Can it be hung from the advertising section on the eastern stand (https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...tern-stand.jpg) without getting too much in the way?

If not there, then either side of the standing room stand.
    I think it's too big to hang there as the banner is 4 metres tall. Wonder too if the advertisers might have an objection to that location too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If the banner is on the east side it's more likely to be picked up by the cameras which are in the west stand
    Very true. I would vote either for low in the upper tier of the east, or immediately behind the goal posts on the southern side. Think RWA would be more likely to go with the southern end as the seats are cheaper there so it would be less costly to set some of those seats aside than ones in the eastern one

vCash
    Ruck Involvements - Force v Chiefs

Remember:
    1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
    2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
    3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Name:  2017-04-23_18-56-46.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  181.0 KB

Name:  2017-04-23_18-55-26.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  120.6 KB

1. The Chiefs speed into contact was impressive forcing the Force to commit ≥3 players to 50% of their Attack rucks. Another 41% of rucks drew 2 Force players.
    2. Force stood off a low 23% of Defence rucks. For 62% of the D Rucks pressure was applied by a single Force player who was often blown away by greater Chief numbers.
    3. Rucks Won: Chiefs 96%; Force 93%
    4. Turn Overs Won: Chiefs 6; Force 3.
    5. Force had 60% of Possession and 52% of Territory.
    6. Handling Errors: Chiefs 37; Force 33 (SR average around 15)
    7. Force Handling Errors:Brache 6; Hardwick 5; TPN 4; Carmichael & Meakes 3.
    8. Nobody who watched the game would be surprised that Hodgson had the leading Ruck Involvements. Close to his season average.
    9. Defence Ruck Involvements (DRIs): Meakes 8, Hodgson 7 and Hardwick 6 made 34% of the Force's DRIs. Backs had 40%.
    10. Total Ruck Involvements (TRIs): Apart from Ben Daley (21TRIs) the Front Row was well below their level of involvement shown against the Kings.
    11. Last 10 Minutes: Some big efforts from the Forwards in the closing stages.
    12. Charmichael had a good game for his first SR effort.
    13. Best Involvements by Backs: Meakes - 22T (14A/8D); Burton - 16T (13A/3D); Brache - 15T (12A/3D); Rona - 15T (11A/4D).
    14. Leading Tacklers: Hodgson, Meakes & Prior 8; Brache & Burton 7; Rona & Stander 5; Hardwick, Naisarani, RHP & TPN 4.
    15. Leading Ball Carriers:Hodgson 7 carries for 48m; Lance 7/37; Meakes 9/30; DHP 5/29

Didn't collect any ruck data on the Chiefs

Update of Ruck Involvements by OSF & Back Rowers after Round 9

Name:  2017-04-23_19-13-22.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  88.5 KB

1. Hodgson continues to lead the pack (week-in, week-out) by some margin
    2. Alcock was used as a wide defender against the Hurricanes.
    3. Hooper fell off the pace with only 12 TRIs against the Kings (only 3 in the 1st half)
    4. Fainga'a from only one game.
    5. Naisarani maintaining his work rate with better discipline.
    6. Ross H-P maintaining his work rate whether playing Lock or Back Row.

Aussie SR Attendance Figures

With a lot of help I've managed to track down most home game attendance figures up to Round 9.

There are still 3 games for which attendance numbers have not been released: Waratahs - Brumbies & Crusaders; Rebels - Chiefs. Rather than give an average of the known games I've allocated an arbitrary 8,000 for these missing games.

Average attendances as follows:

Reds - 15,400 (Best 17,900 Crusaders & 17,400 Hurricanes) (Brisbane population 2.2 Million)
    Brumbies - 10,000 (Best 11,500 Reds) (Canberra 0.4M)
    W Force - 9,900 (Best 14,100 Chiefs) (Perth 2M)
    Waratahs - 9,600 (Best 12,000 Force - Opening game) (Sydney 4.5M)
    Rebels - 8,500 (Best 10,300 Blues - Opening game) (Melbourne 4.4M)

The Force average from only 3 games (all others from 4).
    Would expect the average to increase after the Lions game next week.

If this is the best that SR can do then it's in a lot of trouble and simply culling one team IS NOT going to make a difference.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good work Andrew. I have said all along that going from 5 to 4 won't make the blindest bit of difference to the mess the ARU has allowed rugby to get into. It's like using a bandaid to stem an arterial bleed. They seem to be caught up in the $$$, thinking that if they save a bit of $$ 'here' and stick it 'there' the crowds will come flooding back. The hole they've got us all into is far deeper than that sort of shallow short-term thinking will ever get us out of.

And I think they should pulp that 2016-20 Strategic Plan as it's not worth the paper it's written on. Would love to know how much it cost to produce it as they no doubt got consultants in to do it at about $500 an hour.

The entire governance model needs taking apart and a completely new one putting in its place.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The entire governance model needs taking apart and a completely new one putting in its place.
    The trouble is, it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. The vested interests who hold the power won't give it away to produce a truly national body as they fear that any national body will reduce their slice of the pie.
    What they don't see is that the size of the pie is shrinking, and that if they let people take over who knew what they were doing, the pie could grow and their reduced slice could end up bigger than before.

(Two things: a) I think I stretched the pie analogy too far, and b) I'm now hungry.)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    The trouble is, it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. The vested interests who hold the power won't give it away to produce a truly national body as they fear that any national body will reduce their slice of the pie.
    What they don't see is that the size of the pie is shrinking, and that if they let people take over who knew what they were doing, the pie could grow and their reduced slice could end up bigger than before.

(Two things: a) I think I stretched the pie analogy too far, and b) I'm now hungry.)
    I'm currently making a chicken & leek & mushroom pie for dinner

Rookie
    vCash
    I love Brache's attitude....but I cringe every time he gets the ball because he drops it in contact so many times.

Much prefer Rona at 13 ..put Brache on the wing where he can use his pace at least. But he wouldn't be in my first 15.

Otherwise a great effort by the boys.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    give him a week in the 24th jersey as punishment though

vCash

Not really. Now if you'd suggested putting people in charge who know how to grow pies......Anyway, now I'm off to the Miami Bakehouse.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast