Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ROUND FOUR METRO RUGBY 2017

vCash
    ...so anyway, Wests defeated Uni in prems yesterday. Uni got ahead early. Led at 1/2 time. Wests pegged them back to record what appears to be a comfortable win, but I think they got quite the fright.

Great game to watch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    watched the Neds-Kala game on podcast,Neds down to 13 with yellows at one stage;the Kala #4,their captain i presume,was constantly whinging to the ref about everything except the weather;while he was doing this Neds were scoring tries

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Once upon a time (last year in fact) there was a sporting apparel company which heavily marketed itself in the Australian rugby community. It's sample products were of good quality, and it's prices surprisingly competitive. Many clubs, including quite a few from WA, ordered their next season kit from them, including Palmyra. Palmyra in fact ordered six sets of new kit, including womens.

That company's name was BLK. You may have heard about them.

Now Palmyra had 3 teams in the grand finals last year, and as is customary, the players in those teams were permitted to retain their playing jumper as a memento and recognition of their successful season.

Then disaster happened. Early this year BLK went into administration and production stopped. They were unable to fulfill their orders Australia wide.

There was panic and re ordering from other suppliers by some clubs, but eventually after many weeks, BLK'S Administrators managed to arrange for the manufacture and delivery of kit to some clubs, I suspect to those who hadn't prepaid their order, of which Palmyra was one.

However that delivery has only just commenced, and Palmyra has received one set of first grade jumpers last week, which they wore yesterday, with the promise of the other to follow shortly.

You will appreciate, hopefully, therefore, that there was a logistic problem when the season commenced.
    Old sets of kit in the clubs store room were sorted, and players were asked to temporarily return their last season's gear.

At the end of all this pre season muddle, Palmyra had six sets to start the season with, but the numbers of each set were perforce jumbled to a considerable extent, because the sets retained had jumpers missing, and not all of those given away made their way back. There was duplication of numbers in every set.

I trust therefore that the above goes some way towards allaying your concerns, Mr. Rascal, and allows you time to concentrate on the rest of your no doubt exhaustive investigations of other conspiracy theories.

Did you see Elvis at Perth's clubrooms last night? I'm sure he was there.
    Good story, and like all good fairy stories there will be an element of truth

However it is in breach of the comp rules / policies, but then again you have your own CRAC rep so things will be disregarded as irrelevant

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio I find this news courtesy of Dizzy quite disturbing, I will disregard your post because it's full of legitimate reasons and we don't allow that.

On to Uni v Wests and the Scarfies tore into Wests and at one stage were leading 25-12 just after halftime. Have a good set piece and some very very quick outside backs.

Wests awoke from their Easter egg eating slumber and tightened up their game and after some energy draining pick and go's started to open up the scarfies. It became one way traffic but Wests wouldn't have been happy with such a slow start and if Uni had any type of impact off the bench they could of easily shut the game down.

Was quite impressed with Uni and think they could be there or thereabouts come September. Wests have a few deficiencies in vital positions and need to work on them in the coming weeks in order to give the all conquering Panasonic Palms a decent run for their money.

Fulvio what are thoughts on your reserve grade winning their last 3 game's and racking up a hundred points in each of them.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Serious answer first.

We have had a strong second grade at our club for 4 or 5 seasons now, and this year the team is even stronger, as a result of a number of our colts graduating through the system, and as a result of the club recruiting a number of quality players, some of whom made firsts and some now in seconds. You will remember that our colts too have been strong over the past several seasons.

I know our seconds are a very good team, but In any other season they would not be 40 points better than any other, let alone 100.

I think that the reserves standard has dropped considerably in all the other teams we have played to date, with our standard having appreciated. That's due (in my opinion), not only to the player calibre we have, but to our coaches and coaching style.

We have Gerry, the Associates premier grade coach from last year running our seconds, and I think our players are attuned and more receptive to his style and programs. Gerry, Donny and Lex have an excellent rapport with each other, and the committee have shown good judgment in letting them run the show, with some suggestions and a lot of help, but no interference.

Also, our two senior teams train together and against each other and the players are interchangeable from grade to grade without disrupting either, and I would include some of our colts in this.

Importantly, we don't seem to have egos interfering with what is happening, as has happened in the past. If a player is dropped he knows why, and what to do to fix it.

I'm not saying this to big note our club, and we are due to lose a few games in both grades as we hit the big boys in the Comp., including Joondalup, but I am really pleased with what I have seen so far this season.

Not serious answer, we intend to enter a second First grade side in the Premier Comp next year, to take Cottesloe's place, and we are establishing our credentials.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hi dizzy having watched the video of the game and then looked at the teamsheet on rugbywa ,can you tell me who 18 ,20 and 24 are because they are not on your sheet which is published . Cuts both ways

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    watched the Neds-Kala game on podcast,Neds down to 13 with yellows at one stage;the Kala #4,their captain i presume,was constantly whinging to the ref about everything except the weather;while he was doing this Neds were scoring tries
    Watched it last night. At every stoppage I was waiting for the input from the Kala captain. Though the ref did a good job, good communication and kept control of the game.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4