Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ACT Brumbies now in Australian Rugby Union's gun ahead of Super Rugby cull

vCash
    the problem isn't if the team survives. It's if the team doesn't survive then the poor players are left with a contract that's of no use to them and no other contract to go to.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Comparing that to the current situation Dog, at the moment they have no contract that's worth anything and nowhere to go.

Which is better?

C'mon the

vCash
    Yes that is true; but at the moment they cant sign with any team in Australia so nor real difference; I still think they would be in a less stressful environment if such a contract could be signed. It would still be out of their hands but would have reassurance that their team is behind them and willing to have them going forward contractually rather than just verbally.

This would also stop the vultures trying to lure them....

vCash
    The problem isn't the 'embargo' as there are a million and one ways around that. The problem is the uncertainty.
    You can sign what you like with the Force (or Rebels or Brumbies) but if they're not going to be around to honor the contract what's the point.
    Better to sign with someone who you know will be there.

I'm sure the players all want to stay with the Force and will if they can but with this uncertainty hanging on they need first to look after themselves and their families.

And while they could sign something that says 'If the Force are still around then...' and then look for another contract if the Force aren't around but then what other team will sign them if they know that their first loyalty is to another team?

The longer this goes on the less likely it is that we will have any players still around for next year of those that are out of contract.
    RUPA should be jumping up and down about the delay.

And the players, in all seriousness, should be telling everyone that will listen about any overseas offers they are getting so that the ARU and RUPA understand exactly who and what they are giving up if the Force goes.

If the vultures at the other Aus Super sides suddenly find out that their player roster won't get better if the Force goes because all the players are buggering off to bigger money overseas you might find that those sides start complaining about having the Force cut.

To tell the truth I'd be happy if the players as a group all publicly told the other Australian sides to go f*ck themselves because as a team they've decided to give Aus rugby and the ARU the grand middle finger salute.

It's the Force or nothing!
    Even if it wasn't exactly true I'd like to see how the Aus Rugby public, the other sides, RUPA and the ARU react.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    It's the Force or nothing!
    Even if it wasn't exactly true I'd like to see how the Aus Rugby public, the other sides, RUPA and the ARU react.
    Lighting my way with the bridges I'm burning.

I always was one to cut my nose off to spite my face.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Lighting my way with the bridges I'm burning. I always was one to cut my nose off to spite my face.
    I don't think the grand gesture of support for the force Is a bad idea actually. One effect of killing a team will be a player glut in Australia. Any time supply outstrips demand, prices go down. There won't be the same issue in Japan or Europe. Meaning that the big money on offer over there will become relatively bigger. It could be just the strategy the accountant ordered.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I maybe didn't get my point across. If players are signed despite the embargo and the ARU refuses to to accept that, would it be a restraint of trade? Would that bring matters to a head and stop the ARU stonewalling?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I maybe didn't get my point across. If players are signed despite the embargo and the ARU refuses to to accept that, would it be a restraint of trade? Would that bring matters to a head and stop the ARU stonewalling?
    The players can sign with the Force but must also sign with the ARU for the contract to be binding. The ARU won't sign off on any of the contracts. Technically not restraint of trade unless the ARU agree to sign off if the player signs with another team but won't if they sign with the Force (specifically) and I doubt if it would stop the ARU stonewalling.

It's in the ARU's best interest to stop players signing with the Force.
    What will bugger up the ARU is if they continue to stop players signing with the Tahs or Reds but only if there are not any secret handshakes. And we all know how much the ARU love their secret handshakes.

Player
    vCash
    Wessels has said in an interview that the players are openly talking to each other about being approached By other clubs as a way of dealing with the stress off he situation.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I really don't know what to say to the article below. I deleted what I was going to say multiple times. Although this crowd is larger then the brumbies crowds and the brumbies have played on a Friday night. Great to see they got a get out of jail free card.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gre...79b86b0d4f300d

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I thought the Bulldogs banner was on the money.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4