Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rebels and Force give ARU both barrels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    ...I even watched some of the AFL fixtures...
    I feel sick to admit, I was absolutely enthralled by the Melbourne Demons vs Freo Dockers game.

But, I will say this, the last two Kings games have reminded me why I love Super Rugby in the first place.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Just sent this to ABC Four Corners

I would think that the current saga engulfing Super Rugby in Australia can be the basis of a great story.
    The ARU have come out publicly stating misinformation and hiding facts and figures, when announcing that they have agreed to scrap 1 of the 5 Super Rugby Teams in Australia.
    Also the Charter of the ARU has not been followed.
    The ARU get a lot of public funding which is not been allowed the correct public scrutiny.
    They are now embroiled in legal action with the possibility of more to come from 2 separate parties.
    It would be great to see someone get to the bottom of what has transpired in the most damaging saga for Australian Rugby. This can only help the game as the direction this saga is heading could be causing irreparable damage for the future.
    There was also the whole McKenzie drama to add to the mix...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I even watched some of the AFL fixtures.
    Nobody suggested going full retard over this. Or did you just watch WCE cause there was nothing else on Thursday.

(that was my excuse)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Nobody suggested going full retard over this. Or did you just watch WCE cause there was nothing else on Thursday.

(that was my excuse)
    Bingo

vCash
    No SR at all or even any other sport this weekend, am camping.
    Introduced Kel to sleeping in a swag. She is not a fan. Now I have an avenue to get some peace and quiet

Player
    vCash
    Misleading and deceptive conduct say the Rebels??
    Sounds like RugbyWA was misled into signing a contract which provided for the Force to remain in place until the end of the broadcast deal in 2020 and were deceived because the ARU did not disclose to RugbyWA its intention to scrap an Australian team. This deception is compounded by the fact that the contract also has a "buy back" option and RugbyWA has relied on that in good faith to raise capital via the "Own the Force" campaign. It would seem that the ARU has not been acting in good faith and was in fact actively working to destroy the Western Force!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    PS
    Also wonder about the appearance of Conflict of Interest considering the deep involvement of the former Rebels CEO now ARU Chief Operations Officer, Rob Clarke in the process. You can imagine the thinking at the ARU..... "Here's a good idea lets send the former Rebels CEO over to Perth to give them the boot. No one could possibly be upset by that"

vCash
    Whichever way you look at it, we were set up to fail and now we're being set up to be fired because we "failed"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I agree Alison, that's definitely how it looks, BUT, this ain't over yet, we are still in the fight and may well win it yet!

I hope the owntheforce initiative is growing, if we don't make the 5,000 subscription we will lose a big part of our argument - Mark Sinderberry said on ABC sports talk on Saturday that we were at around the 3,000 mark - i hope we can get to 5,000 soon!

vCash
    I wonder if Twiggy Forrest would be interested in buying a bucket of shares to help keep the team in WA? or is there a limit to the number of shares someone can own?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I wonder if Twiggy Forrest would be interested in buying a bucket of shares to help keep the team in WA? or is there a limit to the number of shares someone can own?
    I think it would be a safe bet that Hodgo and Twiggy have already had a conversation

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I don't think that there is a limit, but apart from extra voting power the benefits of owning shares max out at 20 (prospectus para 12.6)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    I agree Alison, that's definitely how it looks, BUT, this ain't over yet, we are still in the fight and may well win it yet!

I hope the owntheforce initiative is growing, if we don't make the 5,000 subscription we will lose a big part of our argument - Mark Sinderberry said on ABC sports talk on Saturday that we were at around the 3,000 mark - i hope we can get to 5,000 soon!
    Had hoped it was more!! Let's hope for a big turn out next week. I read that rebels had less than 8000. Not huge support for a threatened team from a city with a lot more people than us..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post

on Saturday that we were at around the 3,000 mark - i hope we can get to 5,000 soon!
    Don't flail yourself about it, it is a pretty big ask for a sport that is absolutely marginalised in WA, and by the governing body, (The ARU). So far the ARU has decided to remove the time limit - and the Force has gone from "definitely out", to "one out of two out", to - "now we're looking at the Brumbies as well. Buy your share, and turn up, that's all I can say.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    See this one, sounds positive.....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/quartet-of-powerbrokers-trying-to-rescue-western-force-from-super-rugby-cull/news-story/7bc5e655e7838344429755ac87c7dfbd

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast