Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebels Statement

Champion
    vCash

Rebels Statement

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It is like it is written by robots. The Rebels to me seem to be more heartless corporation than sporting team.

vCash
    I, with zero legal knowledge, reckon the part that mentions Clyne's assertion/admission that the ARU thought the SANZAAR model was a dud "for years" might bite them on the arse. Does that mean the deals with.Rugby WA and Imperium were.not "in good faith", so possibly void?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    There's' no mention of any legal action/writ as what the Force has already done. TAken them a while to come out with the statement.

Champion
    vCash
    Just means the Rebels believe they have a case against expulsion through deals they have in place. Its a long worded version of the same stance as us but swap Rebels with Western Force and Super Rugby deed with alliance agreement. Also the Rebels will sue for damages to their business and brand resulting from this drawn out process. Thats what i read it as anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    It is like it is written by robots. The Rebels to me seem to be more heartless corporation than sporting team.
    That there is legal doublespeak blr. It's intended to put the willies up the ARU legal team, not to inform the public. Isn't it interesting that neither team who has been mentioned in the initial announcement believes that the ARU has the power to cut them? I wonder how clone will fail to respond to this?

C'mon the

vCash
    ARU Broadcast Money

MRRU reluctantly accepts that the ARU board has voted to reduce the number of Super Rugby teams but it does not accept that the ARU arbitrarily takes the surplus funds ($6.0m) resulting from this decision.

This money is generated by the Super Rugby licencees and should be going back to the Super Rugby licence holders on an equal basis to ensure that they can be financially independent going forward – a stated ARU objective.

Growth of the game at all levels relies heavily on the success and sustainability of the Super Rugby teams and with their success will come greater participation and a profile for the game. The ARU has substantial revenue outside of this broadcast money and a judicious and unbiased allotment of this money will be sufficient to fund the direct investment they wish to allocate to the grassroots level of the game.
    I reckon they've hit this nail on the head. Every time I hear Clyne open his mouth he's crapping on about grass roots getting the money saved from axing a side, I assume in an effort to get nsw and qld inside with the mice where as my reading of GAGR this week most of the NSW and Qld fans think 5 sides should be kept.

vCash
    Hence the reason why they need to be paid off with the promise of mountains of money.

Even the Shute shield flogs seemed in favour of 5 teams, it meant more of their club men were playing fully professional rugby, that was good for their club.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Certainly bears the hallmark of someone who was told they were safe then double crossed.
    So much for the open and accountable and due process that the ESRU said would happen.
    Just shows that they only came to Perth to tell us were were canned.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That there is legal doublespeak blr. It's intended to put the willies up the ARU legal team, not to inform the public. Isn't it interesting that neither team who has been mentioned in the initial announcement believes that the ARU has the power to cut them? I wonder how clone will fail to respond to this?
    Most probably right, I think the ARU has tried a bluff to get the Force or Rebels out by 2018, and see if the savings make a difference by 2020. At the end of the agreements in 2020, with a plan that if the financial situation has improved the 15 would stay in place. However with income/attendances expected to worsen, I would say that the competition will look very different.

vCash
    In legal terms, are the ARU liable for selling a business that they knew wasn't kosher? A bit like selling a house knowing it's about to fall down, isn't that called concealment or containing hindrances or something? What's more if Tony Cox is such an astute businessman, I can't see how he'd enter a high risk purchase like a rugby team without checking the ins and outs, unless he was offered a great big sweetener so the ARU could offload, even though they knew the deal had baggage.
    The whole thing is like something out of the mafia FFS! Are these nobs for real? Hope Sinders doesn't find a horse head in his bed in the morning.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    In legal terms, are the ARU liable for selling a business that they knew wasn't kosher? A bit like selling a house knowing it's about to fall down, isn't that called concealment or containing hindrances or something? What's more if Tony Cox is such an astute businessman, I can't see how he'd enter a high risk purchase like a rugby team without checking the ins and outs, unless he was offered a great big sweetener so the ARU could offload, even though they knew the deal had baggage. The whole thing is like something out of the mafia FFS! Are these nobs for real? Hope Sinders doesn't find a horse head in his bed in the morning.
    A 20 million dollar sweetener perhaps

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Knee jerk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Certainly bears the hallmark of someone who was told they were safe then double crossed.
    So much for the open and accountable and due process that the ESRU said would happen.
    Just shows that they only came to Perth to tell us were were canned.
    Absolutely TG. Clear that the Rebels had been told they were safe and were taken by surprise by last Monday's ARU announcement. May be why Pulver himself went to Melbourne and we just got the office boys 😡

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    My bad, I didn't see this beforehand when I posted the statement in the other thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast