Thread: NSW Rugby deserves to benefit from Super Rugby team being cut: Roger Davis

Apprentice
    vCash

NSW Rugby deserves to benefit from Super Rugby team being cut: Roger Davis

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would very much like to see how all 5 of the Super Rugby franchises in Australia stack up to this mystical criteria the ARU used to attempt to knock the Force off on Monday.

I reckon even NSW and Qld wouldn't be traveling so well if they were measured against it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    Vultures picking and tearing at the carcass before it's even drawn its last breath. What lowlife bottom feeders they are. Hate to say it, but hell, I'm starting to hope the Wallabies crash and burn disastrously at RWC19 so everyone gets to share the fallout of the ARU's rank incompetence and mismanagement of our great game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    "Even Queensland and NSW, who weren't in the spotlight for this, it's affected our game. It's affected attendances and uncertainty is a very poor bedfellow". Nothing to do with a shit coach and on field performances then?

The NSWRU are drinking the ARU Kool Aid quite obviously.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Ok, sure. Interesting argument.

but, a counter:

- NSW/QLD produce 80% of the players yet we still (apparently) suck - even though we are third in the world.
    - Those 2 states have the most amount of funding already (apart from the financial bailouts)
    - we're still not getting consistent results in super rugby with 80% of players from these states

that IMO unequivocally tells me that those states are tapped out. and we need to be looking into new markets to attract and develop players (I.E how many of the kiwis are actually from the P.Is - but that's apparently ok because the ABs don't play the PI teams anyway! [sorry, off topic])

using HIS numbers, I think it's a massive case for the ARU to take a new approach with this additional funding and invest it in markets that are relatively unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I would very much like to see how all 5 of the Super Rugby franchises in Australia stack up to this mystical criteria the ARU used to attempt to knock the Force off on Monday.

I reckon even NSW and Qld wouldn't be traveling so well if they were measured against it.
    I think it's unfathomable that this "criteria" hasn't been made public. either by the ARU or leaked to the media. If i was a betting man (and i am) i'd be putting money on it not even fucking existing.

The rugby public is invested in their franchises. grade rugby even more so. the stakeholders deserve to know the assessment criteria.

I mean imagine if this was an assessment at school or uni grade. or if at work you had to just hope you hit your KPIs because you're never going to be told them. you can't play the game if you don't know the rules.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    This is what we're up against.
    And this:
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...09-guu4u5.html

Last night, a former rugby-playing colleague in Sydney asked me why the Western Force was fighting so hard against the proposed culling. My reply was that for rugby union in WA, this has become an "all or nothing" situation; i.e. if WA retains the Western Force, then rugby will continue to grow in WA, including the schools, but if WA loses the Western Force, then the profile of rugby in WA will collapse to just about nothing (and the code probably will revert to being a game played mainly by a few NSW, QLD, Kiwi and South African expats in Perth) - I think I've got that right.

Last edited by FingerTips; 13-04-17 at 10:06.

Champion
    vCash
    Shameless puff piece. Ignore.

Apprentice
    vCash
    It's sickening and out of touch for Cully to even think DHP and Peni would play for the tahs. I can see his argument for Hodge and some of the rebels players, but his argument falls flat when he talks of stealing WA raised players.

Champion
    vCash
    DHP is on record as saying he will go overseas if the Force are cut im pretty sure.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Not to mention that regardless of which team goes, the remaining team should have first opportunity to negotiate with the out of contract players. Forcing them all to the Tahs is exactly why we are in such a mess now. We don't have anything close to a level playing filed in Australia. If not, they may as well drop the two team now, because without this kind of support, the remaining team will still be the poor cousins to the "heartlands"

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    And this:

Last night, a former rugby-playing colleague in Sydney asked me why the Western Force was fighting so hard against the proposed culling. My reply was that for rugby union in WA, this has become an "all or nothing" situation; i.e. if WA retains the Western Force, then rugby will continue to grow in WA, including the schools, but if WA loses the Western Force, then the profile of rugby in WA will collapse to just about nothing (and the code probably will revert to being a game played mainly by a few NSW, QLD, Kiwi and South African expats in Perth) - I think I've got that right.
    I think the ARU is probably asking the same question! I'm sure they thought there would be no issue.,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    And this:

That's obvs the attitude of many NSWers as it's what Georgina Robinson was driving at when she wrote that 'the real worry for the ARU is that none of the teams facing the chop have volunteered to take one for the team.' Is the N in NSW short for Narcissistic?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It's sickening and out of touch for Cully to even think DHP and Peni would play for the tahs. I can see his argument for Hodge and some of the rebels players, but his argument falls flat when he talks of stealing WA raised players.
    I dare say Rona and Peni may go back to League, the reson they swapped because they could come home to WA to play a professional sport.

I had heard the same as Kalafan that DHP will go overseas if the Force are culled and Hansie said on the radio the other day that alot of the squad may head overseas as well.

I would imagine Hodgo may retire as he has put down roots here in Perth.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Not to mention that regardless of which team goes, the remaining team should have first opportunity to negotiate with the out of contract players. Forcing them all to the Tahs is exactly why we are in such a mess now. We don't have anything close to a level playing filed in Australia. If not, they may as well drop the two team now, because without this kind of support, the remaining team will still be the poor cousins to the "heartlands"
    That would suit the Rebels if the Force go but not vice versa. There are very few Rebels that I'd be interested in at the Force- McMahon, Hodge and maybe Shipperley or English is about it. Maybe a couple of their younger guns- but not at the expense of WA ones.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I definitely would take the first 2 names as they would be very good additions and are both Wallabies which are not from the Tahs. I would also take Timani.