Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Criteria?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

What Criteria?

I have been thinking about the possible criteria that the ARU would be looking to base their decisions on

People Power - This what got us the franchise in the first place, and nothing has changed. The support from local community is clear to see. Melbourne clearly do not have the same support.

Location - Geographically we are smack bang in the middle of everyone involved. This has to be on the positive side of the list.

Time Zone - Our location allows for a continuous broadcast from NZ through to SA and Argentina if the schedule allows. It is interesting that the ARU have agreed to allow Japan in our conference and they are in the same time zone. I feel this point of difference would have critical in getting the broadcasters agree to the changes.

Breeding Ground - You know the names, we've certainly done what was the original goal to breed Wallabies and local products. The current team lost is evident of the locals, and the Wallabies debuts and current training camp involvement proves that we have achieved in this department.

Participation - I believe that WA is the only state than can clearly show an increase in participation since having a Super Rugby team introduced.

Results - Sure this is not our strongest point, however we would not be any worse that the Rebels record over that same time.

Stadia - We probably have the newest and best viewing stadiums about, sure it's not massive, but it is all we need. The commentators were wetting themselves on Sunday about a daytime game in picture perfect conditions. Not to mention the soon to be achieved ability to host Bledisloe/World Cup/Lions fixture in Australia's premier stadium from 2018 on.

ARC/NRC - No doubt over all of the season's we would have to be the most successful.

Culture - Interestingly the Rebels on have one Foundation Player left in Laurie Weeks. Over a longer period of time I will just use three names, Sharpe, Hodgson, Cowan. There are plenty of others that have stayed the distance which proves that we have built a culture in which players want to stay.

Fans - The Sea of Blue is know throughout the Rugby Nations. Does any other team have an active supporters website like TWF?

Own The Force - We know that we are leading the entire rugby community on this front and I am proud to be part of it.

Sponsorship - Although we have struggled, the initiative shown at HQ to take on multiple sponsors when Emirates left was a great initiative when a major sponsor was on board. We're over that now and the Rebels don't have a jumper sponsor for now.

Press - This story is all over our AFL dominated press and news. I have been asking friends in Melbourne, and they do not have the same coverage. They don't care.

Finance - if we are comparing Apples with Apples, this has to be a mute point.

Last on first off - It's only fair!

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I just cant see how if we compared and transparent and level playing field, how they could come up with Melbourne as the team to stay.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 12-04-17 at 09:56.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I can see the Rebel Army on twitter but not their website?
    https://twitter.com/Rebel_Army/media

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I can see the Rebel Army on twitter but not their website?
    https://twitter.com/Rebel_Army/media
    Not an Army, more like the Rebels Reserves - Weekend Warriors only.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    TIF - with respect.

I really dont think that this fight should be about Force v Rebels. And it definitely shouldn't be about who has the better fans.

Its what the ARU are trying to screw one or both of us over.

I imagine that the Rebels fans are feeling the exact same way we are.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Rebel Militia?

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    TIF - with respect.

I really dont think that this fight should be about Force v Rebels. And it definitely shouldn't be about who has the better fans.

The ARU went to London and offered to cut an Australian Side from the competition and despite this being a massive act of treachery to the very people the ARU exists to promote the interests of, the Australian Rugby Community.

In a perfect world it wouldn't be Force vs Rebels in a fight for survival but that's exactly what it is now as SANZAR have their proposed format change and the ARU agreed to it. I don't think a veto of the plan when the ARU realised they'd fucked it all up going by the agreements in place reported by the media.

The decision is coming and sides have to be chosen.

Last edited by jargan83; 12-04-17 at 10:27.

vCash
    TIF - with respect.

Sorry I don't agree, it's us v them no matter which way you look at it. It was in 2005 and it still is today.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I agree 100% with jargs here. Unfortunately it is a fight between them an us.

vCash
    Follow up to my last post, the ARU made this a fight to the death when they could have blocked it with the power of veto on any proposed team changes. Instead their eyes probably lit up when they were promised extra money to accept the Sunwolves into the Australian conference.

I certainly won't be supporting the Rebels, the Brumbies or anyone else if the Force do end up getting the chop. I won't be supporting the Wallabies either.

My likely only support for Rugby will through Palmyra RUFC and even then the ARU still has it's sticky fingers in the takings via rego fee's etc.

Champion
    vCash
    TIF - with respect.

Unfortunately it has now got to the point when sides do have to be chosen and the ARU have forced this upon us by their actions. I would prefer to have 5 teams but the ARU don't want 5 and have clearly shown where their preference lies so I am going to fight to keep my team!

Champion
    vCash
    TIF we certainly do meet all the criteria you mentioned but it looks like the ARU have changed the criteria for us and its all about the financials now

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The reason why I bring this up is this:

At the moment the Western Force has a huge amount of support on the East Coast. I believe that if we start to go Negative, we will start to lose that support.

And if we lose that support - I think that we are lost.

As I have stated previously I will continue to support Club Rugby here in Sydney. But I will find it very difficult to support the Wallabies.

I would never support another Super Rugby side.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    TIF we certainly do meet all the criteria you mentioned but it looks like the ARU have changed the criteria for us and its all about the financials now
    In any fair comparison we would be in front there too. I hope Rugby WA has called their bluff, as Cline seems fond of saying you shouldn't bluff unless you have the ammo. I also Hope Pulver is in Melbourne offering Cox an easy path to walk away on.

Also -X- I don't really see anyone ragging the Melbourne fans. When the choice is between two comparisons are going to be drawn. Thats not really going negative.

vCash
    From the Financial perspective Mr Clyne keeps mentioning the figure of $28 million to prop up the Australian Franchises.

Does anybody have the breakdown of that $28 million?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I thought 28Million was to support all 5 Franchises for one year.

Exile
    Sydney

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast