Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Criteria?

vCash
    That wasn't the way he made it sound on Kick & chase! Made it sound as though it. Was shared between the Force and Rebels.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    From the Financial perspective Mr Clyne keeps mentioning the figure of $28 million to prop up the Australian Franchises.

Does anybody have the breakdown of that $28 million?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I thought 28Million was to support all 5 Franchises for one year.
    Exactly me point Ex and now I have the breakdown

$20 million to Rebels
    $4 million to Force
    $4 million between the rest

I'm not that good with maths, but I think it is obvious who took all the revenue in the $28 million. So getting rid of the Rebels and us buying back from ARU, they would be $24 million better off, or just get rid of the Force and they have a franchise they cant sell and would still be forking out the rest.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    My likely only support for Rugby will through Palmyra RUFC and even then the ARU still has it's sticky fingers in the takings via rego fee's etc.
    Does Rugby WA (the WARU) have the option of disaffiliating from the ESRU, if the Force are killed off?

The growth potential for rugby in Asia has been used as a justification for replacing the Rebels or the Western Force with the Sunwolves in the Australian-Asian SR conference. Perhaps the WARU should be affiliated with unions in Asia, to take advantage of that expected growth. We are on the same time zones as many Asian countries and it takes about the same time to fly to Singapore as it does to Sydney (and costs less!).

Football has the Asian Football Confederation. Might we see an Asian Rugby Union one of these days?

If China were to spend on rugby one tenth of what they are spending to develop football (soccer) in China, then rugby in Asia would be set to explode.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    $4 million to Force
    Does that $4 million include the sale of our intellectual property or is it on top of that?

Champion
    vCash
    Wow glad to hear him get stuck in and defend the force. Sounds like ARU really did expect us to just say oh yes bye thanks for memories.. seriously hope we can survive and do well!!

vCash
    Sorry I don't agree, it's us v them no matter which way you look at it. It was in 2005 and it still is today.
    Absolutely! Sorry Ex

2 go in 1 come out!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Does Rugby WA (the WARU) have the option of disaffiliating from the ESRU, if the Force are killed off?
    Technically speaking. I dont believe it is an option. As I understand it - and I am sure that Fulvio, Darkness or even Hansie would be able to answer this question better. Rugby Union has an Hierarchical structure. Under the International Rugby Board. They have absolute power over all of Rugby. They delagate this power to the "Home Unions" ie England Rugby Union, Wales Rugby Union, France Rugby Union, South Africa Rugby Union and Australia Rugby Union (etc etc etc) there are over 90 Home Rugby Unions.

The Home Unions deligate authority to the Provincial Unions like RugbyWA. (QRU, VRU, NSWRU etc etc)

The last time someone broke away from the Home Unions - They made Rugby League.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post

The growth potential for rugby in Asia has been used as a justification for replacing the Rebels or the Western Force with the Sunwolves in the Australian-Asian SR conference. Perhaps the WARU should be affiliated with unions in Asia, to take advantage of that expected growth. We are on the same time zones as many Asian countries and it takes about the same time to fly to Singapore as it does to Sydney (and costs less!).

Football has the Asian Football Confederation. Might we see an Asian Rugby Union one of these days?

If China were to spend on rugby one tenth of what they are spending to develop football (soccer) in China, then rugby in Asia would be set to explode.
    well, as an aside there is rumourmongering from South Africa that they may even shitcan the bulls, which the govt clearly dislikes because of their almost complete Afrikaneer support base.

maybe we can replace them in the SA conference(s), same colour and everything. rename ourselves eastern force

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    well, as an aside there is rumourmongering from South Africa that they may even shitcan the bulls, which the govt clearly dislikes because of their almost complete Afrikaneer support base.

maybe we can replace them in the SA conference(s), same colour and everything. rename ourselves eastern force
    Is there any way we can vonceivably apply to join another union? Or stand alone.. scotland and wales have their own unions.. still part of the uk..at least for now! Thats to say apply to the irb to stand alone like they do

vCash
    Absolutely! Sorry Ex

2 go in 1 come out!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I heard the ARU put to the RWA Board some dodgy Powerpoints on how the Wallaby Performance had dropped since the 5.
    I have done by own dodgy analysis and graph. Feel free to use Hansie.

Name:  graph.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  40.7 KB

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I wonder if there are any regrets at ARU headquarters! Wouldn't it work out better to say right all 5 teams you have to 2020 to sort yourselves out after that the team in the worst position goes and it gives everyone insensitives in their own State to try things out of the box like the Force is doing..

vCash
    Doubt that. It's quite obvious that, despite their pathetic denials, that they have been on this pasth a long time and given the broadcasters and SANZAAR undertakings.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    On the talk of joining another union, I don't think we would be allowed to do that via the IRB, however, this step is unnecessary, what we can look into is the possibility or running a pro team in another country's competition. Numerous teams do this in many sports, so I think it would be pretty bloody-minded of the ARU or the IRB to seek to stop that.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    On the talk of joining another union, I don't think we would be allowed to do that via the IRB, however, this step is unnecessary, what we can look into is the possibility or running a pro team in another country's competition. Numerous teams do this in many sports, so I think it would be pretty bloody-minded of the ARU or the IRB to seek to stop that.
    I might go for a drive up to the Principality of Hutt River to see if he can make the Force the national team there so we can go direct to World Cup qualification.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast