Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Rally

vCash
    This is a scandalous decision by the ARU. I agree that we need to cut one team, but the Rabble are a no-brain choice. As I look at their pathetic season results (again) and compare that to how the Force fought so hard this year with a limited roster, I just shake my head. The Force was born out of a genuine rugby community with tremendous spirit. The Rabble are transplanted ex-pats sitting in a town that cares only about it's obsession (read "sickness") with AFL. I am very sorry for what has happened to you and can tell you that genuine Reds supporters are behind you in this fight.

11 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    This is a scandalous decision by the ARU. I agree that we need to cut one team, but the Rabble are a no-brain choice. As I look at their pathetic season results (again) and compare that to how the Force fought so hard this year with a limited roster, I just shake my head. The Force was born out of a genuine rugby community with tremendous spirit. The Rabble are transplanted ex-pats sitting in a town that cares only about it's obsession (read "sickness") with AFL. I am very sorry for what has happened to you and can tell you that genuine Reds supporters are behind you in this fight.
    Nice one tic

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    gday tic - welcome back mate.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    A better idea zimeric, a Glory jumper it is then!
    Foxtel won't even let me cancel.... only open 9:00am till 6:30pm Mon-Fri (Vic time)! Not happy.
    I'll be happy to sign up again with Foxtel if the ARU change their mind.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    https://www.facebook.com/events/787934218041561/?ti=as protest march being planned. Sorry if this is duplicated somewhere else

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Protest march? Im there, hell ill be there on the 25th, just to make sure im there.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'll be at the rally
    First draft..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I'm there

vCash
    I'm in!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Also a rally on 26th 1.30pm Challenge City Beach...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I'll be at the rally
    First draft..
    I'm in.. and I will try and make a banner too!!

vCash
    Would love to be there but I will be in bloody Qld. Will be with you in spirit at least, give them hell!

vCash
    This Bloody Hans Sauer guy..name keeps on popping up everywhere! Must be driving poor Bill and Cameron insane

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...f99727738e3f86

Western Force supporters will snub Wallaby jerseys in favour of a sea of blue in Test against Springboks

RUGBY
    August 12, 2017 4:34pm
    by JAMIE PANDARAM, NICK TAYLOR AND BRADEN QUARTERMAINE
    Source: The Sunday Telegraph
    Force cut from Super RugbyForce cut from Super Rugby2:15
    THE ARU’S decision to axe the Western Force will create an unprecedented “away” Test for the Wallabies in Perth next month.

Furious Force supporters have already started asking for refunds on tickets purchased for the September 9 Test against South Africa at nib Stadium, while others have resolved to snub Wallaby gold in favour of blue Force supporter gear.

With a large take-up of tickets now expected to come from South African expats in Perth, and the Australian contingent in the crowd wearing blue, the Wallabies will be the first national team in history to play a home game with more rival jerseys on show than their own.

“There will be a massive boycott, that is sad, but I think the stadium will be full because there are a large number of expat South Africans living in Perth,” WA Rugby president Hans Sauer told the Sunday Telegraph.

“It will be an away game for the Wallabies, there will be very few yellow jerseys in the crowd. That is what our national union has forced us into.

“I am advocating to all Force fans not to boycott it, but to wear the Force colours.

ANGER: ‘darkest day in history of Australian rugby’

LEGAL: Force vows to fight ‘cowardly’ ARU in court

GONE: Bill Pulver exit 123 days in the making

“We expect to have three or four of our own playing in that Test, it’s not the players who are at fault.

“We have a culture here, and a fan base and community that is still focusing on the principals of the game. We’re not ruthless, duplicitous and cowardly operators.”

A number of supporters on social media have declared they will wear their Force jerseys to the game.

The axing of the Force prompted ARU chief Bill Pulver to announce his impending resignation, and Brisbane Broncos boss Paul White emerged as a potential replacement.

Meanwhile, suspicions that the Force was the only side facing the ARU axe deepened when it was revealed the governing body turned down billionaire Andrew Forrest’s guarantee the club would be run debt free.

The Wallabies will be playing an “away” game when they face the Springboks in Perth.
    The Wallabies will be playing an “away” game when they face the Springboks in Perth.
    Source: Getty Images
    Forrest’s offer was made over a week ago during a telephone call he made to ARU chairman Cameron Clyne.

It is understood the governing body also refused to enter into official talks with the Force who wanted to buy back their licence and intellectual property sold to the ARU for $800,000.

Further claims that the ARU already had the Force in its sights when it bought the licence are being investigated

The revelations come as the Force legal team prepare an appeal against Friday’s decision to chop them and not Melbourne Rebels from Super Rugby.

The appeal will be lodged in the NSW Supreme Court tomorrow with a hearing expected within four-six weeks.

The move will effectively neuter the ARU from serving last rites on the Force.

The ARU was ready to send administrators to Perth to start dealing with Force staff but were told if they made the move they would be served with in injunction.

Force fans are set stand behind their team.
    Force fans are set stand behind their team.
    Source: AFP
    “The ARU claim this is all about finances and saving $18 million dollars. That’s absolute bulls..t. They just wanted the Force out because we were seemingly an easy target,” one insider said.

“It would not have mattered how much we offered them they just wanted us out.

“They are keeping the Melbourne Rebels who have lost almost $30 million in six years while the Force have only cost $5.5 in 12 years.

“We have the financial backing to be independent. I haven’t heard anything coming out of Melbourne. What are they going to have to put up?”

His comments come in the wake of the similar sentiment in the resignation letter of former RugbyWA chairman Geoff Stooke from the ARU board.

“This decision is not about the financial viability of teams,” Stooke said.

“They were seen to be the easiest to remove. The process lacked due diligence and contained significant levels of bias.”

WA Rugby’s legal team is now preparing their strategy to appeal the arbitrator’s decision that allowed the ARU to axe them.

Champion
    vCash
    Just out of interest how much would it be to put a full page letter from Force and fans in the Sydney Morning Herald or some other newspaper over there? Would it be head spinning sums?

vCash
    http://www.adcentre.com.au/wp-conten...-Rate-Card.pdf

About $80k

If we could use it to actually expose some of the corruption that is behind this decision it would probably be worth it.

C'mon the

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast