Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: Blue Rally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Ali, we obviously don't care for each other but I'm offering you the opportunity to - and genuinely asking you to - apologise for these comments as you 100% have no absolutley no idea what you're talking about at the moment.

I've never met pruc and I'm in Brisbane, but even over here with no connection to WA club rugby I know how off base you are with that post.
    I've nothing to apologise for. I spoke my mind and am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. And I'm certainly not doing anything on your say so.

Remind me again what you've done to save the Force?

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    Like I said why not have it where THE WHOLE COMMUNITY can attend and support each other.

What I have I done... really?

My name is Hayden Croghan
    I play rugby and have done since I was 11 for Palmyra
    I coach rugby at both school and club as well as at representative level in this state
    I have sat on my club committee for 6 years (since i was 19)
    I run our clubs social media (among other things) which is the largest online presence in the state constantly promoting Western Force/RWA media
    I have grown up through the pathways that the force created for grassroots as a Junior player
    I bought owntheforce shares
    I am a foundation member of the WF
    I have been a member of this forum since I was 14

Does that answer your question. At no point did I say the march was a bad idea - but how about have it where the whole rugby community can be involved instead of segregating it - LIKE THE GRAND FINAL

I think I've done my fair share for rugby in this state.

PS. Even the ARU thinks I have done my fair share as I also won the 2016 HSBC ARU Youth Volunteer of the Year
    Great CV. Good on you.

-3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I think the above really highlights the difference between rugby people and Force supporters. Rugby people (who are also Force supporters) go to rugby on Saturdays, not help old ladies with their shopping, do the laundry etc, plenty of other times for that.

A proportion of Force supporters aren't connected to the rugby community so probably didn't even know the local finals were on .

Ps Alison, if you knew pruc you wouldn't ask that question. The answer is a major contributor.
    You are are total prick. I have to look after two elderly parents - one with advanced vascular dementia and one with advanced Alzheimer's - while working full time in a high profile, high stress job and running a home. So piss off with your disgusting comment about helping old ladies etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Way to marginalise the age group that is actual future of Rugby in WA. You know, the ones who might actually go through the pathway that were trying to protect. There are some damn good kids out there playing in this weeks Colts Grand Final.

For the record I won't be able to attend the rally. I will be down at Tompkins Park setting up the venue for the Grand Finals from about 8am.

Enjoy your shopping.
    Get back in your pram along with Jono.

vCash
    My two cents, stop arguing, it doesn't help anyone.

Petty arguments about X should be done or Y should be done don't help out.

If the Force are cut club rugby is buggered in the long run anyway so having extra crowds for the colts isn't going to make a difference, these extra fans are there to rally for the Force, not to engage with club rugby. Focus on one enemy at a time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am sick to death of this "let's blame everything on RugbyWA and the Force" bullshit that comes from the lower tiers of rugby in this State. You have all benefitted massively from having the Force but for some reason love to throw shit at them and those that have worked bloody hard and are continuing to work bloody hard for us all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc View Post
    I meant everything I said.
    As did I.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Clearly you have issues Alison. Thought you were a well meaning Force fan trying to help. You are not the only one with elderly parents who need care. It's not a pissing contest.

From your comments above you clearly don't have any
    connection with the rugby community in Perth nor wish to. Stop attacking the people that want to support you.

vCash
    The rally has been promoted pretty widely so it will be hard to change now. Shame it clashes with the finals. It doesn't suit everyone, parking is pretty tight there too but hopefully they get a decent turn out. Maybe someone can organise a group at the finals too, another rally can only help

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I've nothing to apologise for. I spoke my mind and am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. And I'm certainly not doing anything on your say so.

Remind me again what you've done to save the Force?
    Bought shares for my wife and I with Twiggy last week (one of the major reasons i'm so pissed we at the moment don't really have a team)
    I'll also clarify the sentence above as i had mentioned to several people offline I was initially planning on buying 10 shares, but then had decided against it; in the meantime between initial announcement of OTF and release we decided to get ahead on the mortgage and pay down a HECS debt. We used Forest's offer to pay it off over time and get RWA a 2 for 1 monetary gain.

*edit* Also 10 years of membership from inauguration. Even after I moved to QLD in 2011

I have also just this morning been pushing your financial analysis to the greater rugby community on twitter. I did tag you in it providing credit to you; but as my tweets are protected and there is no way in hell you will ever follow me on twitter, unfortunately you wouldn't have gotten a notification. You're welcome nonetheless.
    And sincerely, thanks for all your hard work on the accounts, your summaries have made this argument a whole lot easier when people try to tell me the force were expensive for the ARU.

Also - There is no if's and buts about it, you went off on a rant before you knew what you were talking about. I believe you owe Pruc an apology, not just the condescending "Great CV. Good on you" that you provided. By doing this in your usual combative manner you have quite frankly have just missed out on an opportunity to get some begrudging admiration back from this community. I am speaking for myself and others I am chatting to offline this evening as well here.
    I asked you to apologise, i didn't say you should or tell you to. So don't you dare appease yourself by saying you don't have to apologise because i told you to.

You're absolutely entitled to an opinion, just as i am entitled to tell you when what you have said isn't appropriate. My opinion in this circumstance is that you owe someone an actual apology.

Pruc was right on the money. Unfortunately this protest is well intentioned, but poorly organised. Logistically it isn't possible for people who either play in colts, watch family members in colts, help organise colts or the other grand finals on this weekend to attend the rally AND their games, no matter how much they want to.
    While i support the rally and any form of protest locally back in WA against the ARU's decision. It is not able to be debated that SOME people who want to support this cause will have to choose between it and their club rugby commitments. Club rugby runs on volunteers - if they were all at the rally the grand finals would not happen. I know where i would be if i was a team manager or supplying the oranges for a club.
    The way it has been organised now, "the whole of the Perth community - playing and non-playing; rugby and non-rugby (believe it or not)" will be divided.

I also can see your point in the rally suiting the majority of people. However - the main target audience are the players, families and volunteers of club rugby, as they are the future of rugby in WA. The rally should be at a time when they are all able to participate. I.E at the ground before, during and after the grand finals. Like a vigil or a union protest. Always there. Always seen.

Last edited by jono; 16-08-17 at 20:20.

Champion
    vCash
    This has not been thought through. You generally get a crowd around the 2 thousand mark at grand final day, there is plenty of parking at Tompkins Park with the 1st grade game starting at 3 30 ,for more impact Force supporters and grassroots supporters standing side by side chanting FUARU at halftime with LMSC recording it.
    I applaud the intent of whoever organised the rally for Sunday morning but all the timing does is rub out a lot of people who would otherwise be there.

Wests costumed character Bennett the Boar will lead the chant at halftime so get amongst it Sunday arvo and send a message,

Bennett will also be leading another chant 'EWW OO Where's Fulvio'.

Last edited by westies man; 16-08-17 at 20:16.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Get back in your pram along with Jono.
    Play the ball not the man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Stop attacking the people that want to support you.
    This.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Pruc is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself.

The clash with finals is unfortunate, and someone in the know could well have pointed it out before momentum started building, but it is what it is.

This thread has gone to shit, time to start a fresh one.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Before we do that, boss...

From Failbook:

"Hi Folks,
    Another update and more positive news. Our little supporters meeting is really building momentum and is now being supported by RugbyWA and the media at large.
    We have a confirmed MC in Tim Gossage and another speaker in Geoff Stooke OAM.
    The message we're getting is that The Force players and staff are keen that the rally is a positive display of support for rugby in WA and a celebration of rugby and its supporters and the values of our great game.
    As guests in RugbyWA HQ offensive banners or chants will not be tolerated and will not be in the spirit of the event.
    Parking and traffic control measures are in the process of being finalized and we will advise in due course.
    Please keep spreading the word and getting friends and family along for one big display of FORCE in numbers.........#savetheforce"

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast