Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Rally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Hate to be that guy, but I would suggest passing it by someone at the Force. You would be using Force logos and symbols for nominal profit, and they may well fall under the IP we no longer own...
    yep, that's where we are at the moment. A

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Hi guys,

Re the banner, RWA got back to me today and they are planning to replay the Fox montage on the big screen just before the game and then pan to the banner which they will keep in the western stand as before. That will give it much better exposure than last week. I think that's a good compromise. As it was a key feature of the Fox montage I don't think it's as necessary as it was before to get it on the TV during the game. I guess the focus now is on getting the local fans behind the message and promoting the hell out of the Own the Force scheme.
    Can you ask them if they could raise the top a bit to improve the viewing angle?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hi guys
    Can you PM me how much you would be willing to stump up to pay for the printing costs? Our initial target is $1115 for 700 stickers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Can you ask them if they could raise the top a bit to improve the viewing angle?
    Will do

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Will do
    They want to interview me at the same time so I will make sure I definitely draw attention to it!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Hi Guys

Hot off the success of the IATWF Banner, I have been talking to Val and RugbyWA about a fundraising idea for the Own the Force campaign.

What I am proposing is to produce (with Val's assistance) ‘I am the Western Force’ bumper stickers in two styles – one plain, just like the avatar many of us have, and the other with a club logo attached, hence we would have IATWF stickers for Kalamunda, Neddies, Cott etc eg;

We would then sell these at Force home games and also at club home games as well. Please review the spreadsheet in the link below to see the cost breakdown. In the spreadsheet I have based my calculations on 700 stickers - 200 plain and a further 50 per club with logos. The 50 per club was a guestimate based on 6 teams (3 senior, 3 junior) with 20 players per squad and selling a sticker to roughly half of them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP...ew?usp=sharing

I conducted a straw poll of some rugby friends asking what they would be prepared to pay. Responses ranged from $5.00 to $9.00. Cost to produce is $1.65 each. One suggestion I quite liked was putting some rugby stick figures on the sticker - such as in a lineout or scrum, but this is far above my abilities (hint.. val!).

I've had some discussion with RugbyWA who are supportive of the idea but have not received final OK to use club logos.

At this stage I have only looked at printing stickers for the premier grade teams. If these sell successfully, then we could approach the other clubs to see if they are interested in participating.

With the money raised we could either

1. Incorporate as a not-for-profit organisation and buy the shares. Not a terribly difficult proposition, just time consuming.
    2. Divide and share the money evenly between those clubs currently running their own initiatives.
    3. Pick a few club names out of a hat, and bestow a share on them.

Should the Own The Force initiative fail and the money is returned, then we could donate the money to the WA Junior Rugby Union or some other worthy entity (RugbyWA legal fund?)

What I am asking of you all is

1. Are you willing to stump up some cash to help pay for the printing costs
    2. Can you assist with selling the stickers at Force game days and at club games (junior and senior)

If sufficient interest (and money) is forthcoming then I will proceed to the next step. Of course, there is the risk that if we don't sell sufficient stickers to cover costs then you will lose a proportion of your money, but I think this is a pretty good idea..if I do say so myself!

Any thoughts etc greatly appreciated.
    In addition, if HQ is ok with these- why not have an NRC/PerthSpirit range as well? Couldn't it tie in to the overall concept with grassroots?

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'll shout someone a few stickers. They're not going on my car - cos I'm weird like that.

vCash
    Hi Guys
    Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. We are up to $450 in pledges. Once we get to $800 I'll consider that a sufficient vote in confidence to proceed further and will PM you with instructions on collecting the money.

Andrew

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Now $600..

vCash
    Hi Guys

This is still happening, hopefully I will have some news for you all on Monday. Please PM me if you can afford to put a few bucks up to help pay for the printing costs.

Currently I am leaning towards selling them at $5 at Juniors games and $7 at Seniors and Force games. Reasoning being - Mum/Dad won't blink at a fiver and at the Force games it's less than a beer.

Andrew

Last edited by andrewM; 04-05-17 at 19:04.

vCash
    I am going to be at ARU HQ in Sydney over the weekend, on a course. I will only be wearing clothing indicating my support of all things . Thinking of printing out some messages and leaving them around the building.

Feel free to suggest what messages

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I don't think anything I want to say to the ARU would be considered polite or civil.

vCash
    I am going to be at ARU HQ in Sydney over the weekend, on a course. I will only be wearing clothing indicating my support of all things . Thinking of printing out some messages and leaving them around the building.

Dont know if Andrew has some prototype stickers you could strategically place around the place... like Pullers forehead

vCash

Are you OK with a defamation lawsuit?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Dont know if Andrew has some prototype stickers you could strategically place around the place... like Pullers forehead
    I can't imagine I'll be seeing him. I'll be seeing some match official-type people, but will ask if I can see the bigwigs' offices.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast