Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Rally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Been to a few glory games now and their hard core supporters in the shed have a series of canned chants for different scenarios.. the opposition goal kick for example.. and EVERY time it happens they sing it... ask any football supporter fron rival teams what they hate about glory supporters and theyll bring up that chant..the chant when the home side scores is also a well known one.
    Those chants have been around for at the very least 15 years. Usually other teams change their chants all the time or for certain players but it seems the Glory supporters can't be bothered.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Cheers so much for the offer but I think that might obscure the advertising hoardings just below you? In which case, someone will defs ask us to take it down! At 6m x 4m it would cover up quite a bit!

I asked RWA if they could set aside a few seats for it behind the goal posts at the southern end, or in your part of the Eastern stand. No reply as yet though.
    It's been approved to enter the venue by the Stadium Manager, at soccer matches, its normally in the possession of an individual and they use it as they see fit. Maybe just bring it along and find a good position to put it in on game day?

Otherwise maybe retire it until a more suitable fixture?

Not sure, it certainly got the media attention it deserved last week.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Why are Sea of Blue so quiet at games.. I love watching the Aviva Premiership and how the crowd gets involved.. We need some really big voices to get it going..
    I agree with Gigs here; we do make quite a lot of noise. Do you sit in the East Stand? If so, it seems quiet because there's not much noise coming out of the West Stand at you. However, the Fox cameras in the West Stand pick up the East Stand's noise fairly well.

I've even heard over the Sportears once a ref, during a break in play when he was getting a drink from a waterboy, mention "Loud here, isn't it?" To which the waterboy replied "No, they're quiet tonight."

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Hi guys,

Re the banner, RWA got back to me today and they are planning to replay the Fox montage on the big screen just before the game and then pan to the banner which they will keep in the western stand as before. That will give it much better exposure than last week. I think that's a good compromise. As it was a key feature of the Fox montage I don't think it's as necessary as it was before to get it on the TV during the game. I guess the focus now is on getting the local fans behind the message and promoting the hell out of the Own the Force scheme.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 27-04-17 at 19:20.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    Kinda surprised my little back of jersey protest made the cut!

Attachment 4758
    I have to say that I have been very tempted to start a 'F U A R U' chant in the stands. If it wasn't for Hansie's cool guiding words I may well have. But if things get nasty then all gloves are off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I have to say that I have been very tempted to start a 'F U A R U' chant in the stands. If it wasn't for Hansie's cool guiding words I may well have. But if things get nasty then all gloves are off!
    So you're saying the gloves aren't off yet. Disappointed

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Andrew if not that one try..
    Keep it Tight..
    Keep the Force...

But I must admit EFF You A R U has a better ring to it..

I am amazed at how "Sweet Chariot" gains momentum at the Poms games.....

Champion
    vCash
    3:05 pm on 6PR today - Listen to Alan Jones being interviewed.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Saw Alison's TV debut on the Restart. Well done and fantastic effort!

vCash

Own The Force Fundraising idea

Hi Guys

Hot off the success of the IATWF Banner, I have been talking to Val and RugbyWA about a fundraising idea for the Own the Force campaign.

What I am proposing is to produce (with Val's assistance) ‘I am the Western Force’ bumper stickers in two styles – one plain, just like the avatar many of us have, and the other with a club logo attached, hence we would have IATWF stickers for Kalamunda, Neddies, Cott etc eg;

We would then sell these at Force home games and also at club home games as well. Please review the spreadsheet in the link below to see the cost breakdown. In the spreadsheet I have based my calculations on 700 stickers - 200 plain and a further 50 per club with logos. The 50 per club was a guestimate based on 6 teams (3 senior, 3 junior) with 20 players per squad and selling a sticker to roughly half of them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxP...ew?usp=sharing

I conducted a straw poll of some rugby friends asking what they would be prepared to pay. Responses ranged from $5.00 to $9.00. Cost to produce is $1.65 each. One suggestion I quite liked was putting some rugby stick figures on the sticker - such as in a lineout or scrum, but this is far above my abilities (hint.. val!).

I've had some discussion with RugbyWA who are supportive of the idea but have not received final OK to use club logos.

At this stage I have only looked at printing stickers for the premier grade teams. If these sell successfully, then we could approach the other clubs to see if they are interested in participating.

With the money raised we could either

1. Incorporate as a not-for-profit organisation and buy the shares. Not a terribly difficult proposition, just time consuming.
    2. Divide and share the money evenly between those clubs currently running their own initiatives.
    3. Pick a few club names out of a hat, and bestow a share on them.

Should the Own The Force initiative fail and the money is returned, then we could donate the money to the WA Junior Rugby Union or some other worthy entity (RugbyWA legal fund?)

What I am asking of you all is

1. Are you willing to stump up some cash to help pay for the printing costs
    2. Can you assist with selling the stickers at Force game days and at club games (junior and senior)

If sufficient interest (and money) is forthcoming then I will proceed to the next step. Of course, there is the risk that if we don't sell sufficient stickers to cover costs then you will lose a proportion of your money, but I think this is a pretty good idea..if I do say so myself!

Any thoughts etc greatly appreciated.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewM; 29-04-17 at 07:56.

vCash
    Andrew and Val - you are superstars!! I would definitely buy a few and stick one on every single car in my entire family!

More than happy to help with the costs

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Happy to buy and help with costs.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Hate to be that guy, but I would suggest passing it by someone at the Force. You would be using Force logos and symbols for nominal profit, and they may well fall under the IP we no longer own...

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Happy to buy if produced (and allowed to do so), but since I have no car, it'll have to go on my front window....and maybe I'll buy another for the back window.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I'm in! Get the ok and I'm more than happy to put a few bob in.

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast