Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Hans Sauer fires up on Alan Jones show!

  1. #16
    Player antiussentiment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bayswater
    Posts
    453
    vCash
    5068000
    Ever since Alan Jones basically told a bunch of Australians to go and fight each other on the beach, I've disliked the man.
    The dude he was chatting to I'm inclined to feel differently about.
    I think he put his case very well.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

  2. #17
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,021
    vCash
    5428000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    There's not much point in worrying about the barking dog in the house on your right, when your neighbour on the left is throwing molotov cocktails over the fence .....
    haha

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #18
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,328
    vCash
    5442000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    There's not much point in worrying about the barking dog in the house on your right, when your neighbour on the left is throwing molotov cocktails over the fence .....
    What about the one who has gone quiet, and seemingly managed to plug the leaks after being served with a writ?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  4. #19
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    16,667
    vCash
    1082000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    What about when the neighbour on the right begins to unexpectedly run in your back yard and throw the Molotov cocktails back?

    Thank you Mr McGowan.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  5. #20
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    5044000

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,039
    vCash
    5446000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Interesting. From memory Papworth met Jones in his Sydney CBD residence to ask his opinion before publishing the "luminaries" letter which saw Puller, Clone & Clunk backflip on the "pissing money against the wall" rhetoric. They are, in Jones' own words, close friends.

    Papwoth's position at the time was the ARU should look at withdrawing from Super Rugby and strengthen an Australian Competition. Presumably Jones has "educated" him on the folly of his "blow up the Rebels AND Force" stance of that time.
    In light of the canning of today's meeting I'm guessing there are moves afoot in the East. These blokes have a ton of clout, no mistake. Interesting that Jones is raising the profile of Hans Sauer.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #22
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Perth
    Posts
    1,162
    vCash
    5302000
    He can raise the profile of Hans Sauer as much as he likes. It would be a failure to replace Stookie and Hans Sauer has no intention of taking a board position where Hans knows none of the president's of Sydney and Brisbane's club sides. You need people on the board who have a direct line to the coal face of community rugby. ARU needs to get out of Super Rugby and allow The 5 clubs to form their own "board" to manage the Australian contingent. Each club dies or survives on it's own merits. The management body liaises with SANZAAR and ARU but brings about a draft or some equalisation system. Let the ARU focus on Community as there is a heck of a lot of community that is not aligned with a super team - e.g. South Australia, Tassie, country regions etc. grow schoolboys, women's, 7-a-side, laws and everything they do now just take Super rugby away from the ARU.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #23
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bullcreek
    Posts
    560
    vCash
    5436000
    I can't understand this lot still not saying anything! Surely they see the damage they are doing! Seriously I think they would get more respect if the admitted they f$&@ed up and don't know what they can do.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #24
    Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wattle Grove
    Posts
    1,662
    vCash
    5430000
    TWF Contributor!
    Sorry I am confused. One member called for a EGM which was seconded. The ARU then offered a meeting instead or as well due to the timing, that meeting was subsequently called off. So is the EGM still occurring 21 days from the two members voting for it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you arenít learning much if your lips are moving!!!

  10. #25
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,039
    vCash
    5446000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    He can raise the profile of Hans Sauer as much as he likes. It would be a failure to replace Stookie and Hans Sauer has no intention of taking a board position where Hans knows none of the president's of Sydney and Brisbane's club sides. You need people on the board who have a direct line to the coal face of community rugby. ARU needs to get out of Super Rugby and allow The 5 clubs to form their own "board" to manage the Australian contingent. Each club dies or survives on it's own merits. The management body liaises with SANZAAR and ARU but brings about a draft or some equalisation system. Let the ARU focus on Community as there is a heck of a lot of community that is not aligned with a super team - e.g. South Australia, Tassie, country regions etc. grow schoolboys, women's, 7-a-side, laws and everything they do now just take Super rugby away from the ARU.
    No argument there. He mentioned you as perhaps being a good pick for a Super Rugby "steering committee" to find a way forward from this mess. His words not mine. But in any event I didn't take it that he was talking about a board position. Some type of circuit breaker is imperative in light of the genuine player welfare concerns you raised.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  11. #26
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    177
    vCash
    5060000
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    So is the EGM still occurring 21 days from the two members voting for it?
    I'd say so. From 4.1 (c) of the constitution:

    The directors must, if requested to do so by at least two Voting Members, convene a general meeting.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #27
    Senior Player Macattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    537
    vCash
    5156000
    keep it up Hans, you're doing well!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #28
    (Previously WFDS) WFDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rocko
    Posts
    1,354
    vCash
    5350000
    What's then latest from the coal face Hans, John? Rebs have been making some big noise recently.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    5020000
    I think the Force put out a clear statement on the field tonight against the Reds

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    (Previously WFDS) WFDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rocko
    Posts
    1,354
    vCash
    5350000
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    I think the Force put out a clear statement on the field tonight against the Reds
    Agreed Moono. But it would be good to know exactly what's going on.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Robbie Deans out of his depth - Alan Jones
    By GAFFA in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-08-12, 20:18
  2. Alan Jones interview
    By Happy in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-10-11, 13:06
  3. Will Deans be ruthless enough: Alan Jones
    By KenyaQuin in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-06-08, 19:55
  4. Alan Jones named to coach Barbarians
    By KenyaQuin in forum Rugby
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-06-08, 12:01
  5. Alan Jones applies for national coaching job
    By zimeric in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-07, 19:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •