Thread: The other axings

Senior Player
    vCash

The other axings

Perhaps spare a thought for our comrades in the RSA.

Everyone has assumed that the Kings and the Cheetahs are the two South African teams for the chop. But the Kings came into the current mix because of pressure from the government (i.e. from the ANC).

What if the ANC puts its foot down and says "Leave the Kings alone"? Who would the second team then be? Talking with a colleague in the Republic last night, he gave two interesting alternatives which have been mentioned.
    1. Merge the Lions and the Bulls (they are both based in Gauteng, after all).
    2. Axe the Bulls.

I can't imagine the ANC would shed any tears over the demise of die Blou Bulle, but Pretoria and Afrikaner land from Zeerust to Nelspruit would probably explode.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Perhaps spare a thought for our comrades in the RSA.

Everyone has assumed that the Kings and the Cheetahs are the two South African teams for the chop. But the Kings came into the current mix because of pressure from the government (i.e. from the ANC).

What if the ANC puts its foot down and says "Leave the Kings alone"? Who would the second team then be? Talking with a colleague in the Republic last night, he gave two interesting alternatives which have been mentioned.
    1. Merge the Lions and the Bulls (they are both based in Gauteng, after all).
    2. Axe the Bulls.

I can't imagine the ANC would shed any tears over the demise of die Blou Bulle, but Pretoria and Afrikaner land from Zeerust to Nelspruit would probably explode.
    Yeah there is no fucking way the Southern Kings will get the axe. The ANC have the biggest erection for that place.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If the Bulls were axed then where would the up and coming players take flight to.....certainly not Melbourne.....

Name:  Perth-sign-chogm_620.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  109.3 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Logic has the Southern Kings boned and the merger of the Central Cheetahs and Golden Lions to reform the Golden Cats

Johan Ackermann is off to Gloucester