Thread: I have posted a link re the rebels please read

vCash

I have posted a link re the rebels please read

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    OK. The Rabble's Wiki page What is your point? Nothing sticks out to me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yeah I had a look and have no clue what you're on about.

vCash
    Did you read the article Shasta

just a copy and paste about the debarkle that got them there..
    On 12 November 2009, after an arbitration process between themselves and South Africa's Southern Kings, Victoria was awarded the 15th Super Rugby licence, as it was considered more financially viable to SANZAR.[19] The bid was provisionally offered to the Vicsuper 15 consortium[20] but when the ARU declined to offer a AUD4.3m grant commensurate with funding supplied to the other Australian franchise, the Mark Ella led consortium withdrew its bid.[21][22] The licence was subsequently awarded to the Victorian Rugby Union's Melbourne Rebels.

Given that SANZAR could not reach a unanimous decision the matter was sent to arbitration. The arbitrators felt that the Southern Kings' bid was more advanced with regard to business and financial planning and organisation structure and governance. They also felt that the Southern Kings also had a stronger player base and rugby tradition. Revenue however, from the sale of broadcasting rights to Australasian broadcasters, would be reduced by US$15–20m over the course of a five-year agreement should the 15th team be resident in South Africa.[18]

vCash
    Sanzar were told that the rebels was not a viable team to consider entering the comp..
    Eddie Eddie Jones said the Rebels should not have been added to Super Rugby: "The reason they're in is because of TV rights. The current 14-team competition is just starting to find its feet [and the] addition of another Australian franchise is not good for Australian [or Super] rugby ..." Jones went on: "Another Australian side is just going to weaken the third and fourth teams. ... It's unrealistic for Australia to have five teams and it will be bad for Wallaby rugby in the short-term, for the next 10 to 15 years."[34]

vCash
    It also states what it has cost the ARu over the past 6 yrs since inception

The Rebels proved to be a financial drain on the Australian Rugby Union; the franchise was responsible for more than half of the ARU's deficit of A$6.3 million in fiscal 2014. In June 2015, the ARU announced that the Rebels had been purchased by locally based Imperium Sports Management.[50]

vCash
    OK. And yes I read it and most of that is right and has been on the public record AFAIK. We all know what is going on is terribly wrong but I'll leave it to any of our fellow TWF members with legal expertise to comment on whether it is relevant to the current situation if they want to. Maybe the ARU could be sued for negligence. I wouldn't have a clue.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David