Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force launch legal action in fight over Super Rugby future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Yep, Sunwolves into the Aussie conference is gonna fix absolutely nothing.
    Just saw Crusaders/Sunwolves 50-3 result. How the fuck is that good for the game? It's such an uneven playing field it's laughable! Top teams getting an easy season draw to play bottom teams, it's a joke! There should be a pools setup where the finals come from the best of pools, as has been suggested by people before. Crusaders game was so pathetic it was laughable. And the Force are being shafted for that performance?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That was noted by the commentators after the game too. Why the Force or Rebels should be dropped for Sunwolves when they're rubbish

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    That was noted by the commentators after the game too. Why the Force or Rebels should be dropped for Sunwolves when they're rubbish
    That's actually VERY interesting considering the NZRU has been pushing for us to drop a team & supporting the Sunwolves.

If the Kiwi's rise up against the NZRU as well we could be into a monumental backflip.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    The idea and the thought of losing my team the Western Force makes me sick. If we lose Rugby in WA I will turn my back on the ARU and Super Rugby. The sport captured my attention in 1991 during the RWC. Since then I've been hooked watching wallaby games and hoping Perth would have a team so I could watch the sport live more regularly at a top level. I am an inaugural member of the Force and have missed only 3 games due to injury and a family commitment. The fact is for West Aussies everything is expensive so geographically having our own team has been fantastic. There is a saturation of the sport over East with four clubs that sit on the East coast. I don't want them to disappear, but fair go why should we be denied the sport in the west. I would be insulted if the ARU decided to appease us by sending Wallaby games to Perth or even worse super rugby exhibition games of one of the other 4 francises. I am basically saying after the blood, sweat and tears our club has been through to cut us would virtually make Rugby dead in WA. Betrayal is something that sits very uneasily with Western Australians and the Eastern States continues to punch WA in the guts. ARU - don't take our team- let them survive!

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    The idea and the thought of losing my team the Western Force makes me sick. If we lose Rugby in WA I will turn my back on the ARU and Super Rugby. The sport captured my attention in 1991 during the RWC. Since then I've been hooked watching wallaby games and hoping Perth would have a team so I could watch the sport live more regularly at a top level. I am an inaugural member of the Force and have missed only 3 games due to injury and a family commitment. The fact is for West Aussies everything is expensive so geographically having our own team has been fantastic. There is a saturation of the sport over East with four clubs that sit on the East coast. I don't want them to disappear, but fair go why should we be denied the sport in the west. I would be insulted if the ARU decided to appease us by sending Wallaby games to Perth or even worse super rugby exhibition games of one of the other 4 francises. I am basically saying after the blood, sweat and tears our club has been through to cut us would virtually make Rugby dead in WA. Betrayal is something that sits very uneasily with Western Australians and the Eastern States continues to punch WA in the guts. ARU - don't take our team- let them survive!
    Perfectly put. My sentiments exactly

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    We'll probably see the NRL invest money, revive the RL programs at places like Aranmore College get them into their S G Ball Squad on a pathway to the NRL.
    NRL will invest here, but I don't think they will ever over expose themselves again in WA. Keeping in mind the current situation with the Force, I would say the Ball squad will stay, and I feel the ARU will opt for a similar scenario based on the young players that have come from the Force system.

vCash
    Former ARU boss John O'Neill reveals he could see 'Armageddon' coming but board did nothing about it

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...13-gvkenh.html

...Management suggested some serious structural changes about how the game was governed and financially managed.

For political reasons, those adjustments were not made. At the same time, on-field performance had not improved and O'Neill urged the ARU to adopt the same centralised model as New Zealand...

...Meanwhile, over in New Zealand, the model O'Neill wanted has delivered back-to-back world cups and Super Rugby titles for the Highlanders, Chiefs and Hurricanes.

Champion
    vCash
    Same model we signed up too through the Alliance Agreement but NSW, QLD and Brumbies have not. Those 3 are still under the State Union based ownership that has lead to the blow out in costs. The same State Union model that has seen the Brumbies post 9 straight years of losses, 2 bailouts to NSW and 1 bailout to QLD.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    So what's the likelihood anyone else will be signing an Alliance Agreement with the ARU...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    So what's the likelihood anyone else will be signing an Alliance Agreement with the ARU...?

Good point Andy, don't ever form agreements with an untrustworthy bastard and that's what the ARU has shown itself to be, along with being an absolutely incompetent manager of the most important issue facing its constituency in decades. Amazing really.

vCash
    BUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

If you are suing somebody for a breach of contract or for causing you damage for which you seek a specific remedy, such as damages, or specific performance of a contract, you usually issue a Writ.

The Writ contains a statement of claim which sets out and particularises the cause of action and the remedy you are seeking from the Court.

The Writ, once filed, is served on the defendant who has a certain amount of time to indicate whether he will defend the Action, and if so he files a statement of his defence. The parties then exchange disclosure of their relevant documents and the court eventually orders that the matter be listed for a trial.
    Since this writ was served the Rebels have issued the ARU a letter from their lawyers - disguised as a press statement. Rugby WA has done similar. The ARU has revised it's "shock and awe" tactic of going through a "transparent process" in 3 days and allowed the two franchises under the gun to "make their case"...... then promptly gone into hiding in a bunker somewhere north of The Bridge. It looks like nobody is able to make those cases as they are refusing to talk to anyone since the "Alan Jones Interview". It's like a game of "Where Are the Wallys".

So going on Fulvio's post above, how long does the ARU have to respond to the writ, given it's been 25 days so far? Can they just keep their heads in the sand indefinitely - given that, though they have not actually announced a decision, the damages are mounting by the day?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Unless the parties have agreed otherwise, in the absence of compliance with the Supreme Court Rules or orders of the Court, the party not in default can make application to the Court. That application could be for summary judgment and for the assessment of Damages.

But let us accept the politics of the situation and our lack of knowledge of the nature of the "Writ" or the remedies sought.

The parties may be happy to leave the action where it is while they negotiate, investigate and consider their options.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Unless the parties have agreed otherwise, in the absence of compliance with the Supreme Court Rules or orders of the Court, the party not in default can make application to the Court. That application could be for summary judgment and for the assessment of Damages.

But let us accept the politics of the situation and our lack of knowledge of the nature of the "Writ" or the remedies sought.

The parties may be happy to leave the action where it is while they negotiate, investigate and consider their options.
    We may not find out anything until next Wednesday, which is when SANZAAR meet again in Tokyo. Surely the ARU will have to spill the beans at the meeting as to their current position and how they are dealing with all that has transpired since the last meeting in London.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Another thought bubble......

Interesting but a competition which would include even more travel than the 2nd tier teams are currently undertaking.

UK, Europe, Sth Africa, Pacific for lower grade teams is going to be hard to afford.

So the view is, MAYBE, have a year in the wilderness and then there COULD be something to join in 2019.
    Kings and Cheetahs are meant to be greatful.....?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast