Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force launch legal action in fight over Super Rugby future

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Your Board are angry and we will fight to protect our players, refs, community and fans. You have asked us to do that.
    The board is a huge part of the reason 'the force' are in this mess with the ratshit decisions and appointments that have been made over the years!
    Tough talk now is only to save your chardonnay and gold seats that you might now be missing out on!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Can Twiggy Forrest spare a couple of Mega Lawyers to help out as well! ARU SANZAR need to get full barrels right up 'em!
    Why? We have our friends at Name:  lavan.png
Views: 567
Size:  4.4 KB legal to help us [/endplug]?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Your Board are angry and we will fight to protect our players, refs, community and fans. You have asked us to do that.
    And for that we thank you all hankie. Good luck with the arsehole tearing.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    And for that we thank you all hansie Good luck with the arsehole tearing.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I have taken some of the the salient points from Nick Taylors article and he has the Govt saying we will support the Force.
    Fulvio - ready to go pro bono?

Western Force have taken unprecedented legal action against the Australian Rugby Union in their fight for Super Rugby survival with the Melbourne Rebels.
    They served a writ on the ARU on Monday night, notifying the governing body of their intention to apply for an injunction against the plan to revoke their Super Rugby licence.
    And they have the weight of the State Government behind them.
    The writ, issued in the Supreme Court, was served after a two-hour meeting between the RugbyWA board and the ARU's chief operating officer Rob Clarke and chief financial officer Todd Day, which the club labelled “unsatisfactory” on Monday night.
    Sports minister Mick Murray said the government would seek to enforce the terms of the agreement.
    “The State Government is prepared to support RugbyWA in the enforcement of any rights that necessarily arise under that agreement,” he said.

More here
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88442784z

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFUB View Post
    If we lose there will be no club left anyway and rugby in WA will enter a death spiral
    True and it's something I've mentioned in the past. I'm happy for RugbyWA to go down this path.

Might as well go down swinging.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I thought that Lavan Legal bloke on the Board might come in handy one day.

If the State Govt comes out swinging I will be impressed, and I'm not easily impressed.

Losing the Force will make WA less relevant on the world stage and no govt would want that, no matter what colours they fly.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Fulvio how does a writ work?
    So now you're asking a bottom of the pond scum feeder?

Oh well....

If you are suing somebody for a breach of contract or for causing you damage for which you seek a specific remedy, such as damages, or specific performance of a contract, you usually issue a Writ.

The Writ contains a statement of claim which sets out and particularises the cause of action and the remedy you are seeking from the Court.

The Writ, once filed, is served on the defendant who has a certain amount of time to indicate whether he will defend the Action, and if so he files a statement of his defence. The parties then exchange disclosure of their relevant documents and the court eventually orders that the matter be listed for a trial.

This is of course a very simplistic explanation, and there can be, and are, many other twists and turns in the proceedings before the parties get to the trial stage.

If the party bringing the action seeks an injunction of some sort (eg to prevent being kicked out of a Rugby competition) that party usually issues an Originating Summons specifying the relief sought, accompanied by an Affidavit or Affidavits of evidence in support. The applicant can do this Ex Parte (without serving the other side or putting them on notice) in an extremely urgent case, or, more usually the applicant will serve the papers on the Respondent who will have an opportunity of filing documents setting out his position.

The application will be heard quite quickly, and the remedy (injunction) will be granted or refused by the court. Whichever the result, the applicant can continue with his action by issuing or continuing with his writ, which is usually filed at the same time.

This is just a very basic outline, and the lawyers for RugbyWA would decide on the best approach based on all the information available to them and their client, which, based on what I have read on this site so far, no one here fully knows or properly understands, myself included.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by fulvio sammut; 10-04-17 at 21:42.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Note, pulver goes to Melbourne and two ARU hatchet men to Perth. ..

Consultation Processes 101.
    You (the CEO) meets with ALL parties in the consultation process. Sending a delegate will give the impression that the organisation's views don't matter as you've already made your decision before the consultation takes place.

Billy and Cameron Clyne clearly haven't watched House of Cards

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Wholetruth, I wouldn't touch it with a $10,000,000 retainer, paid in advance, let alone pro bono.

Besides, I'm just a suburban mug who posts on dodgy sites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trytime View Post
    The board is a huge part of the reason 'the force' are in this mess with the ratshit decisions and appointments that have been made over the years!
    Tough talk now is only to save your chardonnay and gold seats that you might now be missing out on!
    I always thought that the coach hiring decisions between Mitchell and Wessels were suspicious, but not necessarily the fault of RWA.

Dickhead Graham was the Wallaby 'skills coach' and was assigned to the Force by the ARU. Then, when Mitchell left, Graham was senior coach to take over. He ruined the skill levels of the Wallabies, ruined the Force and then ruined the Reds.

To replace Graham the Force looked to Stade Francais and a relatively unknown Australian coach by the name of Cheika. Then Foley, 1 season into his coaching contract at the Waratahs, gets the elbow and Cheika walks into a job in Sydney. Foley winds up here with his outdated, kick-first tactics.

The hiring of both Graham and Foley smack of ARU involvement - Graham wanting a head coaching gig and the ARU not wanting to pay out Foley's contract, so they send him to Perth.

Now I've no proof of ARU involvement in either hire, but we've always been considered the poor cousin of the ARU, where they shift ageing players who might possibly be useful to the Wallabies in an injury crisis, but their own teams don't want them anymore (Dunning, Ma'afu, etc) and the hiring of Graham and Foley smelt of the same.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Rookie
    vCash
    Content removed by request.
    Darren

16 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 05-05-17 at 16:06. Reason: Take Down Request

vCash
    Sheikh, don't need a tin foil hat to figure that one out. There's been piles stinky poo amassing at the Force for years now. ARU must have been drooling at their sloppy gums at the chance now to really put boot in. Now the sleeping tiger is out and not a minute too soon, maybe Ewen Mackenzie is partying away in NZ at the news coming out! BTW, has Cheiks gone into hiding these days- Cheiks, Cheiks where for art thou?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Darren
    We can steal the Sydney Sevens and Brisbane Tens and host those too while we're at it!

Last edited by Darren; 05-05-17 at 16:38. Reason: Take Down Request

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Rookie
    vCash
    Darren

Last edited by Darren; 05-05-17 at 16:05. Reason: Take Down Request

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast