Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force launch legal action in fight over Super Rugby future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Thanks Tazz.

The real killer is all this is happening when it feels like we've finally turned the corner.... everything is coming together, coming to fruition.
    Got our grandchildren kids membershipthis year (thanks RWA). Sunday was their first time. They really got into it and had a great time. They were on our case straight away about going again. 6yo boy wants to play. Don't really know what to say to them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Today I have realised what a naive fool I have been. I admit that I have always thought that the ARU always had the best interests of Australian Rugby, the Force and WA rugby in mind. If push came to shove and a team had to be axed, then surely a due process would be followed?
    Well, from reading the local and interstate papers as well as online sites, it is now clear in my mind that the ARU has never intended to axe anyone but the Force. Firstly telling the Brumbies they were safe, then Andrew Cox of the Rebels saying he was surprised when told his team was now also a possibility..as he had already been given assurances that the Rebels wouldn't be.

The ARU can't tell us what process they will follow to identify which team should be cut, and why it is limited to just the Force and Rebels. They have had 12 months to develop appropriate process but no opportunity for the teams to put forward their cases, nor even discuss alternative strategies on how to address the shortcomings of Australian Super Rugby.

What have they come up with? The only one their simplistic minds could think of. F%ck them.
    Their deceit is breathtaking.
    FU ARU

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Given that it is Easter I'm sure that we can make a parody of Pulver being the <correction> Judas of this scenario, selling out the Force for his thirty pieces of silver

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Given that it is Easter I'm sure that we can make a parody of Pulver being the Lazarus of this scenario, selling out the Force for his thirty pieces of silver
    You mean Judas andrewM!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Subject: Religious Studies..F

vCash
    Ahh of course.. Lazarus was raised from the dead! is the Western Force our Lazarus, Pulver our Judas and the WARU our Saviour?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    No matter.

Hansie now walks on water.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    just listened to the Hans /Jones interview what a great argument Hans put up to the ARU i hope they have the guts to counter that in the media

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Yeah costs normally follow the event. But securing a costs order and obtaining your costs are two entirely different kettles of fish. Good luck ARU in getting money out of an entity (part of themselves) they killed and who they said never made any money in any event.

Impossible to imagine that the ARU would not take the path of least resistance and bone us. Impossible to believe now that forcing us into the 'sale' of IP etc was all part of the ARU's long term 'vision' to make us go away.

Fully supportive of the club's decision to litigate. We have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hope the blowtorch is applied to the ARU, their shoddy and inept administration examined under the microscope & they be made accountable for their decision making.

If we go down, i'm happy to go down fighting. Scorch the f$cking earth.
    And if that means doing sausage sizzles outside bunnings for the next two years to keep the local comp going then I agree. FU ARU

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    just listened to the Hans /Jones interview what a great argument Hans put up to the ARU i hope they have the guts to counter that in the media
    Can anyone summarise Hansie's arguments?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    And if that means doing sausage sizzles outside bunnings for the next two years to keep the local comp going then I agree. FU ARU
    Shame I cant yet register a domain name with that last bit. FUARU.rugby sounds good.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I think we should chant this at the start of our next game.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I truely beleive the ARU thought we would just play possum after listening to the kick chase tonight. It seems like Western Australian Rugby are just making the ARUs life hard.

The ARU don't know if/how the NRC is going to run. How they will keep grass roots going or anyong else strategic about rugby in those states.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    And you'd think since this plan has been settled for 3 months they might have started thinking about the consequences, rather than waiting for somebody else to have the huevos to announce it.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I truely beleive the ARU thought we would just play possum after listening to the kick chase tonight. It seems like Western Australian Rugby are just making the ARUs life hard.

The ARU don't know if/how the NRC is going to run. How they will keep grass roots going or anyong else strategic about rugby in those states.
    For a bloke who ran the NAB he seemed very inept when questioned about those consequences. Not surprising after presiding over such a mess. How can they possibly be excused for their ineptitude and be allowed to say "I admit that was a mistake but we are steering the right course now". Do the right thing and fall on your swords you muppets.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast