Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force launch legal action in fight over Super Rugby future

Rookie
    vCash
    Keep up trytime this is a fairly new Board and we are working our asses off to make you happy. Oh and did I mention it's all for free.

11 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ha ah Well done General and Sinders! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face! Who did Pulver/ARU THINK THEY WERE DEALING WITH, A BUNCH OF F**N BUNNIES? I hope the legal team are going to pick their bones for the stupid disrespect. At least tonight I'm gonna sleep a whole lot better after a shit day, and I really hope the team feel some hope now. Thank you WA Rugby guys.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    General, what's the future of the Spirit without the Force? Do we go back to the days of the Perth Gold in the Australian Rugby Shield?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    And the primary element being that the Force remain in the competition? Or that they be bailed out of the financial mess they found themselves in? I'm sure that the ARU will be arguing the latter.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the suit is successful, but things are rarely as clear cut as they may appear.

Player
    vCash
    There's a well known West Australian called Danny Green who campaigns against the 'cowards punch'.

Well it looks like the Force walked in the room and got king hit by the ARU. Its not bad enough that they have ripped the heart out of the game but they aren't even prepared to go face to face in a fair fight. Well we may have been clipped on the chin but wer're still standing and about to land a few blows of our own Un-Australian Rugby Union.

Fight on Force....fight on!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    General - have you read the thread started by "unnamed sauces" about an hour ago? That seemed to say the Vic Govt had offfered to pay the ARU $8million if Melbourne could host a Bled game in 2020 and a future Lions test. Is it the case that the Vic Govt will withdraw that offer if the ARU cans the Rebels? Also, that post seemed to say the owner of the Rebels would sell the licence back to the ARU for $4.75million - no mention of compensation or legal proceedings by him. I'm a tad confused??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Content removed by request.
    Darren
    General, who ever you are, thanks for that real insight. You have told us what we all suspected but could not prove.
    I am sure, or at least hope, the mainstream media will pick up on your insight. Whether those spoon fed journos in the East believe it is another thing.
    Once again. Thanks.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Surely all those shining captains of industry sitting proudly on the ARU Board have either been duped by incompetent ARU officials or they are pretty bloody dumb suckers not to be able see the collateral damage that was bound to arise from such myopic decision making???

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    The selection criteria was what Nick Mcardle pushed Clyne and Pulver on at the media release yesterday. They dodged like clumsy matadors.

I do not beleive there is even a pros vs cons tally with overarching must haves. If The ARU was forced to release their selection process (which a member of that board has stated he was uncomfortable with) then the egg will sting a few eyes over the board.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ok, apart from signing petitions (which I have done), writing to the WA govt (which I have done), and writing to the ARU (which I have also done) - what can little old diehard fans like me do??

It does not seem that rational arguments are being listened to. Only the dollar seems to count...

PS I have bought a share...

Rookie
    vCash
    Darren

19 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 05-05-17 at 16:04. Reason: Take Down Request

Champion
    vCash
    Thank you John for keeping us updated. I'm a passionate member of the sea of blue and I have bought shares but if there is anything else I can do to offer support please let me know. Than you for fighting so hard for the Force.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Surely all those shining captains of industry sitting proudly on the ARU Board have either been duped by incompetent ARU officials or they are pretty bloody dumb suckers not to be able see the collateral damage that was bound to arise from such myopic decision making???
    To me this approach used by the ARU is exactly why Geoff Stooke voted against it. He said he wasn't comfortable with it. So that tells me the rest were ok with it.

vCash
    I was watching Channel 9 news last night and saw a clip with the two ARU hatchet men rolling up to headquarters where one of them said they "were looking forward to a productive meeting" when in reality they were just here to tell us we're boned?

The ARU process that was going to take 48-72 hours must have been quick.

It's shit like this that not only makes me want to turn my back on the game but to burn it on the way out.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Darren
    I suspect that flawed or biased selection criteria could also be used as a reason to take the ARU to court.

Keep fighting mate, we're with you all the way.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darren; 05-05-17 at 16:32. Reason: Take Down Request

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast