Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force launch legal action in fight over Super Rugby future

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    $20 Million to Rebels
    $4 Million to Force
    $4 Million to the rest
    Can someone expand on the $4M? I remember there was about $800k for IP (whatever that means), but is the rest the $3.6M listed in the ARU annual report as "Western Force player costs"? If so, what are "player costs"...are player wages now being seen as bail out money?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Can someone expand on the $4M? I remember there was about $800k for IP (whatever that means), but is the rest the $3.6M listed in the ARU annual report as "Western Force player costs"? If so, what are "player costs"...are player wages now being seen as bail out money?
    Yeah, that had me confused too...thats like the entire years players wage incurred between August 2016 and December 2016???

Player
    vCash
    And please explain $4 Million to the rest? How many K.Hunts does that equate to (you can ignore rehab, legal and PR costs).

(first post .. long time lurker .. be gentle with me)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If you look into the stories that I got my figures from, the 4 Million consists of

$800K for IP
    $250K, an extra $50K a year above other franchises in the new TV deal (hardly unbudgeted, but I was being conservative)
    $3M Debt cancelled as a result of the alliance agreement

totalling $4,050,000

Like I said (was it here or another thread) The Force's financial dealings have been widely reported by all and sundry, but the media has been far more cagey about any unbudgeted funds going to other franchises. Of the quoted $20Mil to the Rabble, I could only find one reference to $6 Mill in the media, $5 Mill to the tahs "a few" Mill to the Reds and no mention of anything to the Brumbies.

I would suggest tht the nearly 13 million dollar gap between what I could find online and Clynes $28 Mill was shared amongst the others to cover
    The Wallatahs massive Salary cap
    The Reds buying a team of super-famous grandparents
    Pulling the Brumbies ass out of the fire with ACC and paying off their CEO
    The Rebels.

Whichever way you look at it, transparency is an unknown concept, the thing we can be sure about is the story we can access is the story they WANT us to hear, not the truth.

and it doesn't add up!

C'mon the

vCash
    Is there a media person game enough to quote the breakdowns on these figures in the press-like The Australian, or is Wayne Smith way too Tahs oriented to listen. Brett Mackay perhaps? Aren't these figures in the ARU prospectus? I haven't seen the financials so don't know, although there could be a bit of whitewashing going on there. True transparency from the ARU seems almost impossible. I know I'm sick of reading fake news about what the Force apparently were 'given'. I'm also angry that Michelle Roberts is trying to cancel the Road Safety contract. Does she not realise the positive marketing the Force have brought to the program? She hasn't changed much from school days!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I'm also angry that Michelle Roberts is trying to cancel the Road Safety contract. Does she not realise the positive marketing the Force have brought to the program? She hasn't changed much from school days!
    Maybe it contingency planning. If we are booted, I'd expect the govt to freeze that ASAP.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    what is happening in SA?
    Is the Govt going to step in?
    in the words of Sergeant Schultz-I see nothing!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    what is happening in SA?
    Is the Govt going to step in?
    in the words of Sergeant Schultz-I see nothing!
    http://www.superxv.com/sa-committee-...r-rugby-teams/

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Why can't we have a criteria to meet?
    One that actually exists!!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    The ANC may step in and overturn any decision made by SA rugby of course

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Is there a media person game enough to quote the breakdowns on these figures in the press-like The Australian, or is Wayne Smith way too Tahs oriented to listen. Brett Mackay perhaps? Aren't these figures in the ARU prospectus? I haven't seen the financials so don't know, although there could be a bit of whitewashing going on there. True transparency from the ARU seems almost impossible. I know I'm sick of reading fake news about what the Force apparently were 'given'. I'm also angry that Michelle Roberts is trying to cancel the Road Safety contract. Does she not realise the positive marketing the Force have brought to the program? She hasn't changed much from school days!
    Wayne Smith is Brisbane based and all over the ARU on this. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any contact details for him (probably understandable), as he might actually run with some of it.

vCash
    Yyp, dont dump on Wayne Smith, hes a good bloke, knows whats up with rugby, and on our side

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Why can't we have a criteria to meet? One that actually exists!!!
    The criterion exists, but it isn't being published, because the bad press would increase if they published "be the western force" as the criterion they are using to make the decision. I like everything were doing to save our team, but I truly think that, unless our survival is guaranteed by the courts, we're on borrowed time anyway. Already preparing to turn my back on rugby altogether.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    One of the criteria maybe we have more Australian players available to be dispersed into the other clubs. We only have a couple of marquee players compared to the Rebs! I haven't checked but that has certainly been the case over the last few years.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    One of the criteria maybe we have more Australian players available to be dispersed into the other clubs. We only have a couple of marquee players compared to the Rebs! I haven't checked but that has certainly been the case over the last few years.
    They appear to have 3 foreign capped players: Dominic Day (Wales), Amanafi Mafi (Japan) and Ben Volavola (Fiji). They also have a Scottish lock in the development squad, but he hasn't been capped yet.

We have 2 foreign capped players: Grant (SA) and Brache (USA). The emergence of Lance means Grant is really only a bench player and will be gone at the end of this year. I'd like to keep Brache around for his heart and versatility, but he'll probably have to leave once his contract is up, too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast