Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force launch legal action in fight over Super Rugby future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    Therefore using the above situation, if a unanimous vote is required, does that not mean that theoretically the Rebels have 3 likely votes against expulsion (i.e. Cox, VRU and RUPA), while we at least still have 2 (RugbyWA and RUPA)?
    I think RUPA is going to vote 'for' as it seems the ARU told them get rid of the salary cap when this goes through.

So yeah, don't be so sure.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It is not necessary to expel the Rebels as a voting member. It is only necessary to revoke their license. They can stay on as members of the company. But what would the point of staying on be?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I'm starting to think it might not be that hard to get rid of us now. It seems all hope relies on the ARU promising to support us until the end of the broadcast deal in 2020. How hard would it be for the ARU to call sanzaar and re-negotiate a very similar broadcast deal, without us?

I'm sure sanzaar want this over and done with and would assist.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    What if we just offload the 2 SA teams and it becomes Super 16 (at least until end of broadcast)? After I return from pub, I'll start working on a schedule...

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    I'm starting to think it might not be that hard to get rid of us now. It seems all hope relies on the ARU promising to support us until the end of the broadcast deal in 2020. How hard would it be for the ARU to call sanzaar and re-negotiate a very similar broadcast deal, without us?

I'm sure sanzaar want this over and done with and would assist.
    If the ARU has negotiated an amended tv deal that is detrimental to our alliance agreement then they have breached our contract by acting against us and not with us as our alliance agreement stipulates. I doubt RugbyWA would have signed such an alliance agreement if it did not mutually benefit both parties.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/st-louis-suing-nfl-over-rams-relocation/article_501e2349-c9c9-5a70-9743-2583f89948d9.amp.html

vCash
    Clyne's constant line of we've pumped 28 million into ailing teams is a trump card for the ARU which he so far he won't be drawn on re cost split.

Can someone on twittersphere give some influential journose a nudge to dig out the truth. It may be the 20 mill on the Rebels isn't factual but if it is, it's very compelling.

vCash
    Surely the figure of 28 million is mentioned in some balance sheet somewhere. I'm convinced that somebody on this site will have access to the actual numbers.

If it compromises your position to post it directly, simply pm me the deets and I'll put it in the public domain. If you don't trust me to keep the source protected, westie man is the way to go

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    $20 Million to Rebels
    $4 Million to Force
    $4 Million to the rest

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Surely the figure of 28 million is mentioned in some balance sheet somewhere. I'm convinced that somebody on this site will have access to the actual numbers.

If it compromises your position to post it directly, simply pm me the deets and I'll put it in the public domain. If you don't trust me to keep the source protected, westie man is the way to go
    GIGS You did a good job on the 5 poster. It would be good if you or some othe tech savvy TWFer could do something that could be a BookFace share. Breifly highlite all the things the ARU are hiding. Make it available here and get every one of us putting it up.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I can do a pie chart using tip's figures, does anybody have a link to the source of the data.

It would also be good to do the recurrent funding over the last 10 years, that would make a pretty bar graph.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    GIGS You did a good job on the 5 poster. It would be good if you or some othe tech savvy TWFer could do something that could be a BookFace share. Breifly highlite all the things the ARU are hiding. Make it available here and get every one of us putting it up.
    OK, here is a link to some charts I made up
    Funding Charts
    For those of you who know how to edit a Word Chart (I know not everyone can) I've included the source document for you to play with however you want.
    They are all available in .jpg format which you should be able to facebook quite easily
    I've printed them to PDF if you want to email them around as well.

What I found
    Using any metric, including only the publicly reported figures that I could find online, the Force have received significantly less than the Rebels in bailout funding.

In all charts I have indicated the $50,000 a year over 5 years mentioned in the first article as $250,000, even though a maximum of $100,000 of that funding will have been received.

If we take the figures in the second one (Force vs Everyone) there is a $12Million hole between what I could find and What Clyne is reporting as costing overruns. Who thinks that 12Million (3 times what has been reported as going to the Force) went West?

In every article I read about Bailouts, the Force figures were mentioned, I had to dig a lot deeper to find information about everybody else.

ARU Annual reports bundle all Super Rugby into a single amount ($33Mill in 2016), however there is a $19Million figure in 2015 Annual report that reads "Super Rugby Grants" I wonder what that number is?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    An excellent Facebook post by Mrs Hodgo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9&id=678981198

vCash
    Thanks GIGS. Start sharing them people.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    An excellent Facebook post by Mrs Hodgo

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9&id=678981198
    And share this excellent piece as well. Top effort as usual from a Hodgo.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast