Thread: Pulver willing to Quit

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Pulver willing to Quit

Cut and pasted from news.com.au

ARU boss Bill Pulver says he’s happy to stand down in wake of Super Rugby overhaul if it helps Australian rugby

UNDER-fire ARU chief Bill Pulver says he will step down “in a heartbeat” if he believes it will help Australian rugby.
    Pulver has been widely panned over his role in axing an Australian team from Super Rugby, with former Wallabies coach Bob Dwyer among those calling for his head.
    The ARU announced on Monday that either the Western Force or Melbourne Rebels will be cut from the competition next year, and an announcement is expected by Thursday.
    Many critics believe the ARU has been bullied by South Africa and New Zealand into cutting one of their five teams and want Pulver out.
    “I acknowledge there’s a lot of heartache out there and believe me, if I thought stepping aside would advantage Australian rugby in any sense at all, I would do it in a heartbeat,” Pulver said.
    “I promise you I am here for the game and that’s the only reason I do it.
    “If I thought someone could do a better job I would step away immediately. It’s not an easy task. I’m committed to doing it and I’m enjoying it.
    “I have had a discussion with the board, and I am here totally at the whim of the board. As long as the board has confidence in me, I will remain. If they lose confidence in me, I will happily step aside.
    “I will stay for as long as I can make a contribution.”
    While Pulver’s contract expires in February, it remains to be seen whether he’ll survive in the hot seat that long.
    He did confirm that he would not be seeking another long-term reappointment.
    “I originally came in on a five-year agreement, I’m not going to seek a five-year agreement,” Pulver said.
    ARU chairman Cameron Clyne leapt to the defence of Pulver, saying he had rebuilt international relations between Australia and their southern hemisphere counterparts.
    “Bill is in an incredibly challenging job and it is obviously very easy to target Bill,” Clyne said.
    “Bill has made an enormous contribution.
    “Bill at the moment is doing an extraordinary job under very difficult circumstances. At whatever point Bill and the board decide he transitions out, you want to make sure his successor is set up for success.
    “Bill doesn’t get the credit for rebuilding relationships internationally. We perhaps didn’t get the trans-Tasman agreement with the Kiwis but it’s fair to say that we have achieved a lot at the international table and in SANZAAR that has benefited Australian rugby because of Bill’s diligence in rebuilding some relationships that were pretty badly burned prior to his arrival.
    “That alone has benefited Australian rugby enormously. It doesn’t get seen but we see the benefit and the impact of that.”
    Originally published as I’ll quit if they want me to: Pulver

article here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Wow he is full of himself in saying 'If I thought someone could do a better job I would step away immediately' and an absolute disgrace in saying 'I’m committed to doing it and I’m enjoying it'. Very poor choice of words here. Resign NOW!!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Have a look out west, over Rottnest - it's a flock of flying pigs.

vCash
    “If I thought someone could do a better job I would step away immediately. It’s not an easy task. I’m committed to doing it and I’m enjoying it.

Onanistic twat!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Pullers resignation would mean nothing without the rest of the board following suit.

They voted 8 1 to destroy an Australian state's rugby future, I'd say only 1 of them has any integrity at all

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    F off Pulver and the rest of your gang

vCash
    To help AUSTRALIAN rugby would of been for you to step down months ago you weak prick

Champion
    vCash
    He doesn't get out of it that easy, he helped create this clusterf--k he can stick around and try and fix it

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Pulver should take a long walk off of a short pier.

Rookie
    vCash
    Geoff Stooke should take over if he was the only one to give a nay vote

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ranga View Post
    Geoff Stooke should take over if he was the only one to give a nay vote
    Once the legal dust settles, he might be the only board member not forced to resign as a result of this mess. Novel idea, if super rugby is costing so much, why don't they just stop giving free money to all franchises and see which one goes bankrupt first (cough tahs cough)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    In the speech this morning the 2 said that 4 out of the 5 teams have had there hand out for assistance in the past..That was like going into a room of 10 straight men and saying 1 of you is Gay You read all the media reports for the last 5 yrs and every club has had its hand out .. Pulver will be another john O'neil and leave with a big hand shake

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    He doesn't get out of it that easy, he helped create this clusterf--k he can stick around and try and fix it
    100% agree with you on this.

vCash
    I hope he takes 7 of his mates with him on the way out, Judas!

Champion
    vCash
    And no one asked the questions as to John O Neil's efforts in this as Pulvers walked in on the Super 18 deal ?