Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Save The Force - It's on.

vCash
    I know it a week later but why don't we have a sit in at NIB before the chief's game take over the pitch before the game.. And invite The ARU board to the game to see the grass is green but we can turn it blue.. Sit there till the ARU make a decision and if it stops the game we be it..We would have heaps of Kiwis there also so crowd numbers would be bigger All we can do is ask the WA rugby board.. I do realise it a week later but with the court action now been involved this could last weeks to get sorted.. I really feel sorry for the players now as ALL Australian players are Affected as they don't know whether they have jobs next yr.. As they still have to find homes for contracted players which means any one could be told to go from any team.. One reason Luke Morahan and Skelton have seen the writing on the wall and got in early..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I got the message. How urgent is it needed given the ARU has postponed the announcement of the team on chopping blocks for a few weeks.

Also what's better? A hastily arranged get together where 2,000 people turn up or a get together (the following weekend for example) with some lead in time and some time to spread the word that can potentially attract 10,000 people.

Easter Monday is only 6 days away.

An event with a low turn out could do more harm then good is what I'm getting at.

Flip side of my thought process is striking while the iron is hot.

I'll leave the decision on the date in the hands of someone far more capable than me!
    All good points. Perhaps around the next home game would be best, if it's gonna go that long. I reckon the Force mailing list in combination with e mail to all (dormant) members of this site are the only suitable means to get a reasonable roll-up, along with some media help.
    Jo. Did HQ have any suggestions around this? What time frame are they talking?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Like your post Tonkar..it would take them all day to fine 8000 people for pitch invasion.
    Can we get access to the playing field like we did for Family Day last week?

Actually the Chiefs game would be great..let's get all the Perth Kiwi team supporters there as well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    They suggested this weekend..but I said it would be impossible..I think Shasta you are right next week's game would be better....Im going to call them today..

I am risking the wrath of my Boss being on this siste..but he's in training this morning.. it's so hard with the hours I work..

vCash
    We all appreciate your help Hertryk.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    A fantastic idea, but if only 9,000 turned up to a Sunday afternoon game where rugby was the main feature along with a show of support for what was imminent, I don't think you would have much joy getting a noticeable turnout this weekend.

Next home game would be best and to do after ensures that everyone has the chance to stay around, could even be announced during the game?

I don't want to be negative about it, but if only few turn up to a hastily prepared event, it could have a detrimental effect.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Is there a sweet spot on Saturdays in between the Juniors finishing their games and the Seniors starting theirs? Around 12.00? Would be great to get as many people to come in their club colours - even if they are smelly!
    A few teams have buses from memory?

vCash
    I agree it would be best to arrange something for the Chiefs game. We know we will have the media there and a captive audience including lots of Kiwis and their cow bells!! A full ground will also be great from a TV coverage perspective.

Easter weekend is too unreliable as so many people are away (myself included as I'll be in Singapore for the 7s!!)

The other good point that someone on here has raised is that if we do it this weekend and get only a handful of people turning up because the rest of us have prior commitments, it isn't going to look very good or help our cause.

The real issue though is that the ARU wouldn't care even if we had the whole of the metro area at the rally. They've now openly admitted that this is not about rugby or passionate supporters. The only show in town is money. Money, money and more money. So what we need people to do even more than rally is to buy a share in the Own The Force campaign and/or get everyone they know to buy a ticket and come along to the game on 22 April!

May the Force be with us. ALWAYS!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Is there a sweet spot on Saturdays in between the Juniors finishing their games and the Seniors starting theirs? Around 12.00? Would be great to get as many people to come in their club colours - even if they are smelly!
    A few teams have buses from memory?
    Colts start at 12:20 and 3rd Grade starts at 12:30 so I'd say no.

vCash
    That is true Alison, but it will also create visible capital for our cause that will place pressure on the ARU, if not by us, then by others. This is like the race to outrun a lion, we don't have to be the fastest, just faster than the slowest. Our role is to make more visible capital than the Rebels can. At the moment I'd say we are in the lead but we can't bank on that continuing

Apprentice
    vCash
    From what I'm hearing is that finding $1000 is the biggest issue of buying a share. So I was thinking we could start a gofundme page. Basically this way lots of people who cant afford the $1000 can make a partial donation. Every $1000 will buy a share and then through facebook we can pick someone at random and give them the share. That way someone can utilise the benefits of the share. Id happily help out if someone can set up the finicial side of things. I know I certainly could get a couple of mates to donate $50-100 each. I mean think of it this way, if we get the 9000 odd people who went to the kings game to donate $50 each thats $450,000. Thoughts people?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I was thinking this morning a tie-in to the Frances Pienaar visit would be great too, but thats today.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Can we break this down

1. We need to agree on a date and time.
    (a) 22nd April 12.00
    (b) ....
    2. We need to identify suitable venues
    (a) NIB Stadium
    (b) McGillvray
    (c) ...

3. Once we have at least two, we need to see if they are available and on what conditions the venue manager/Council will make them available to us.

3. We need to make contact with the clubs to get their support and participation.
    Firstly we need to come up with what we want.
    'On the xx/xx/xx we are having a Save Our Force day. We are hoping to get as many Club members and supporters to join us. We would also like to have a member of your junior, senior and women's team front this campaign in their club kit.'

We have some good contacts on here. Can someone nominate some clubs they can deal with?

4. Get in touch with media outlets to arrange suitable publicity
    I'm a blank on this one. Who has contacts here?

All of the above need to happen this week

5. make our case
    My thoughts at the moment are going something like the Western Force Team standing in front of reps from all (senior and junior) of the WA clubs with a crowd grouped into clubs all wearing their club colours or Jumpers, maybe with those in Western Force colours around the perimeter - my thoughts being that we should highlight the collective ownership of the Force, and the contribution they all make to its success.

6. Appoint a spokeperson.

7. Make some slogan.
    Something like 'This is Our Western Force'
    edit : "I am the Western Force"

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewM; 12-04-17 at 13:58.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollo144 View Post
    From what I'm hearing is that finding $1000 is the biggest issue of buying a share. So I was thinking we could start a gofundme page. Basically this way lots of people who cant afford the $1000 can make a partial donation. Every $1000 will buy a share and then through facebook we can pick someone at random and give them the share. That way someone can utilise the benefits of the share. Id happily help out if someone can set up the finicial side of things. I know I certainly could get a couple of mates to donate $50-100 each. I mean think of it this way, if we get the 9000 odd people who went to the kings game to donate $50 each thats $450,000. Thoughts people?
    my only thoughts would be that there would need to be some entity through which those shares are held. If they are sold back, to whom will the money go? Some sort of not-for-profit entity? Should our campaign fail, then all money could be donated to Rugby WA or the clubs.

Player
    vCash
    Also getting a hold of the local club presidents and hopefully getting them to get all their teams down to the rally, juniors and seniors, whether its done at a game or before. That would get the numbers up significantly. If it was to be at a game the Force could sell all tickets at GA prices or something along that line to get as many local club rugby people who aren't fans normally in.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast