Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Save The Force - It's on.

vCash
    I agree Andrew that visible capital is good. But I honestly don't think it will make the blindest bit of difference to the only people we need to convince, and that's the ARU. 8 members of that board voted purely with cold hard business heads after they were deliberately presented with a picture of financial ruin if the Force were not chopped. The only way we can get them to see sense is if we can counter with a more realistic financial picture that is not deliberately (and clumsily) skewed towards the answer the ARU wants from its board. And the only way we can do that is by the Own The Force subscriptions and bums on seats at NIB on 22 April.

Not suggesting we don't rally, just that we need to be clear in the knowledge that it won't cut much (if any) ice with the ARU even if we get the same attendance as in 2005 because it's no longer about the game, only the money it WILL (not can) generate.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 12-04-17 at 08:57.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Maybe make up some signs to hand out to prospective owners of shares and that might illustrate to the ARU that they are turning their backs on people willing to invest in the game here in the West.

vCash
    You may be right Alison, but I don't want to (watch the Force) die wondering.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I agree Andrew that visible capital is good. But I honestly don't think it will make the blindest bit of difference to the only people we need to convince, and that's the ARU. 8 members of that board voted purely with cold hard business heads after they were deliberately presented with a picture of financial ruin if the Force were not chopped. The only way we can get them to see sense is if we can counter with a more realistic financial picture that is not deliberately (and clumsily) skewed towards the answer the ARU wants from its board. And the only way we can do that is by the Own The Force subscriptions and bums on seats at NIB on 22 April.

Not suggesting we don't rally, just that we need to be clear in the knowledge that it won't cut much (if any) ice with the ARU even if we get the same attendance as in 2005 because it's no longer about the game, only the money it WILL (not can) generate.
    I concur....Clyde made it very clear on the interview last night that emotions will not sway the decision...the only way is cold hard cash...promote the Own the Force and let our dollars do the talking.

vCash
    OK Guys, lets help Hertryk out. I've made some polls to so we can decide on how to move forward

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...l=1#post426737
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...l=1#post426735

Can anyone help out with the dot points listed here?
    http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=3...l=1#post426728

Can we make these sticky?

vCash
    If we get one more person signing on to Own the Force then it will be worth it. I think the biggest challenge we have at the moment is people aren't willing to sign up with all the confusion. Regardless of the facts, people will still worry that they will lose their money so this is an opportunity to reassure them their money will be safe should the Force Fold. Safety in numbers is also very reassuring

vCash
    Draft letter to clubs

The Chairman
    XX Rugby Union Club

Western Australia

Dear xxxx

As you are well aware, the Western Force is currently engaged with the ARU to justify their ongoing inclusion in the Super Rugby Competition.
    The Whole Force, a fan support group, is holding a "I am the Western Force" campaign at XXXXX on the xxth of April.

Whilst current comments by the ARU suggest that such action will not sway the decision on which team will be removed, we feel it will

* Encourage supporters to participate in the Own the Force campaign, which may very well have a significant impact on the Force's future
    * Reinforce the Western Force's role in the wider West Australian Rugby Community, both to the ARU and all rugby supporters in Western Australia.

Whilst we appreciate that the timing of this event is far from ideal, conflicting as it does with the WARU home and away fixtures, we seek your participation in this event by

1. Encouraging your club members across all teams - Junior, Senior and women's teams to attend. Wherever possible we would prefer them to come in your club colours.
    2. Provide a representive from one of your junior, senior and womens teams in club jerseys.

Our vision is to have Western Force squad members standing in front of each club's representatives, with the wider rugby club community behind them, surrounded on the edge by Western Force supporters, our heading will be "I am the Western Force".

<something about the WARU's support>

We would appreciate your club's willingness to participate in this activity no later than the 16th April.

Regards

Comments please?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I think you either need to rewrite or explain better points 1 & 2. It (to me) says firstly "we want everyone to come along in club colours" then changes to "we want 1 person from each grade to come along in club colours".

Do you want 1 person or everyone to come along?

Obviously the answer is we need everyone.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollo144 View Post
    From what I'm hearing is that finding $1000 is the biggest issue of buying a share. So I was thinking we could start a gofundme page. Basically this way lots of people who cant afford the $1000 can make a partial donation. Every $1000 will buy a share and then through facebook we can pick someone at random and give them the share. That way someone can utilise the benefits of the share. Id happily help out if someone can set up the finicial side of things. I know I certainly could get a couple of mates to donate $50-100 each. I mean think of it this way, if we get the 9000 odd people who went to the kings game to donate $50 each thats $450,000. Thoughts people?
    I can get onto that. I'll post details soon

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    my only thoughts would be that there would need to be some entity through which those shares are held. If they are sold back, to whom will the money go? Some sort of not-for-profit entity? Should our campaign fail, then all money could be donated to Rugby WA or the clubs.
    If the share issue is successful then the shares could go to randomly selected contributors over a certain dollar value, returned funds to be directed to RugbyWA

C'mon the

vCash
    BTW if I set it up, the funds would have to be processed through my personal account and there is a percentage charged by gofundme.com If you have a problem with that, you'll have to avoid donating.

vCash
    Re the squad members standing in front. Might be a problem if its to be on game day.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Saw this on Force facebook. Maybe we should all use this temporary avatar here & on our social media. I posted this on GAGR also. Let's get it out there.

Name:  17855336_1357541794284566_6662697963275636987_o.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  48.6 KB

Can someone cut this image down to size????

Apprentice
    vCash
    So I've emailed the ARU - in partcular bill pulver and i got a reply. My email is below and the reply is below that if you are interested....

To: bill.pulver@rugby.com.au

To the ARU

My name is Joel Smalpage and I love rugby. I am a Western Australian and I love the Western Force with all my heart. I have so much passion for this sport and it breaks my heart that I even have to bother to write you this letter. I first started watching rugby as a kid. My fondest memories are watching the Wallabies. I remember being 8 years old and watching the Bledisloe cup game in 2000, the one where John Eales kicked the winning goal. I remember sitting there watching the final moments with my mum, dad and my next door neighbours (2 gay girls). John Eales lined up that kick and it went over. I knew from that moment that I was hooked, and so began my rugby passion. This shows to me that rugby can bring together all cultures!

Rugby wasn't all that big here in Perth when I was younger but I played it anyway because I loved the game - even though I wasn't very good. In 2006 we got word of that WA would get the Western Force and I was escatic. My entire family signed up for the Force including my belated grandfather. He continued to go to the games well into his age and support the Force. He was even cremated with his Force hat. I think he may have loved the Force even more so than me - hard to imagine. In 2007 I moved out to the country with my family for a few years to Karratha and Broome. Whilst here, I continued my support and passion for the Western Force. When I moved back to Perth in 2010 - I started up a membership as soon as I could afford to. I've lived in the country areas of WA and I have seen how much passion we have for rugby in WA. In Newman - a small country town in the Pilbara - they stage every year the bloody slow cup (a pun on the bledisloe cup) where the locals come together to form teams of Australia vs New Zealand to raise money for police legacy.

The Force hasn't had much on-field success but these things take time and I couldn't be more proud of them. They have blooded so many players for Australian Rugby and without them so many players would not have gotten a chance today. Western Australia needs a team. It is harder for West Australians to make the call to leave behind family and friends to go over east to try your luck in rugby. The recent game of the Force VS The Kings proves this with 10 locals.

On another note the Western Force currently sit at 2nd on the conference table and its round 8. Id say at this point in time any team can get to the top of the table - whats happens if its the Force happen to win our conference? What happens if they make the finals this year? Will we still be cut?

If you cut the Force you are saying that you want Eastern States rugby. We need to have rugby spread out throughout this great country. WE NEED A NATIONAL FOOTPRINT! NO IFS OR BUTS.

I beg you PLEASE DON'T CUT MY TEAM!

If you cut my team I don't think I could ever forgive the ARU and I would never watch super rugby again nor the Wallabies. WA already feels extremely alienated as it with local politics. Don't make it worse with rugby. This is our passion. You risk alienating thousands of fans by cutting out WA to save yourself some time, hassle and a couple of dollars? Do what is it right for the fans - Save the FORCE!

Yours truly

A LOYAL SEA OF BLUE FAN

Joel Smalpage

Sent from Outlook

rachel.metcalfe@rugby.com.au

Dear Joel,

Thank you for taking the time to send through your feedback.

I will bring your note to Bill’s attention.

Kind regards,

Rachel

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So Rachel is getting Bill's email's before he does. Thought that would be happening if he's the CEO.

we need to spare a thought for this woman if we keep emailing Bill directly. she's probably having a tough week

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast